Show us the Father

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

And he said, A certain man had two sons:

and the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.

And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.

And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, and am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father.

But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: and bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: for this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:1-2, 11-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The son was broken in his sin it lead him to swualler, realizing it was he who had chosen to leave home. He remembered his father house and hoped to be received as a hired servant because he was no longer worthy of his Fathers Love and name no longer worthy to be a son

this was his thinking , what he hadn’t realized is all the while his father was waiting and watching for any sign of his son to repent of his wrong choices and come home.

before he gets there a long ways off yet The dignified and royal Father breaks into a run , “ is that him ? Is that my dear son ?!” The pace quickens “ it’s him ! It’s him he’s coming home !”

Faster he runs to him tears of joy in his eyes throwing his longing arms around his wayward son who’d done it all the wrong way until he remembered his fathers home and decided to make his way in humility

hes trying hard to just beg to be a servant to explain he knows what he did wrong , trying to tell him” I’m no longer worthy father to be your son “ I’ve done too much wrong “

But , the Father doesn’t seem to be listening to him he’s busy hugging and kissing clothing him putting the family crest on his hand , getting a celebration prepared

“ look all my son , my son is come home he was lost to me but now he’s found , it was like he was dead these many years , and now my son he lives “

To really understand God and ourselves we look at Jesus and see him so clearly and it’s beautiful and it’s powerful and it’s strong enough to call us home.

“that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:17-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

his love is wide , wide enough to bridge the gap between God and man. His love is long ot reaches from the beginning and will reach eternity. His love is deep ot reaches even to the depths of the earth to pull
Men from the grave his love is high it is high enough to lift us from our knees into the heavens where we rest before his throne

Remember your home

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

And he said, A certain man had two sons:

and the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.

And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.

And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, and am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father.

But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: and bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: for this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:1-2, 11-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The son was broken in his sin it lead him to swualler, realizing it was he who had chosen to leave home. He remembered his father house and hoped to be received as a hired servant because he was no longer worthy of his Fathers Love and name no longer worthy to be a son

this was his thinking , what he hadn’t realized is all the while his father was waiting and watching for any sign of his son to repent of his wrong choices and come home.

before he gets there a long ways off yet The dignified and royal Father breaks into a run , “ is that him ? Is that my dear son ?!” The pace quickens “ it’s him ! It’s him he’s coming home !”

Faster he runs to him tears of joy in his eyes throwing his longing arms around his wayward son who’d done it all the wrong way until he remembered his fathers home and decided to make his way in humility

hes trying hard to just beg to be a servant to explain he knows what he did wrong , trying to tell him” I’m no longer worthy father to be your son “ I’ve done too much wrong “

But , the Father doesn’t seem to be listening to him he’s busy hugging and kissing clothing him putting the family crest on his hand , getting a celebration prepared

“ look all my son , my son is come home he was lost to me but now he’s found , it was like he was dead these many years , and now my son he lives “

To really understand God and ourselves we look at Jesus and see him so clearly and it’s beautiful and it’s powerful and it’s strong enough to call us home.

“that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:17-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

his love is wide , wide enough to bridge the gap between God and man. His love is long ot reaches from the beginning and will reach eternity. His love is deep ot reaches even to the depths of the earth to pull
Men from the grave his love is high it is high enough to lift us from our knees into the heavens where we rest before his throne

Remember your home

Yes this is a beautiful event of a son who left home for a length of time before he came to himself, and went back home. The runaway son was always his father's son, even while he was a runaway, and would be his father's son no matter where he went, or when, if ever, that he came home.

By correctly dividing the truth, we can see that once we have been adopted as God's child, we will always be his child, no matter if we run away, or how long we stay gone, we are still his adopted son.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Yes this is a beautiful event of a son who left home for a length of time before he came to himself, and went back home. The runaway son was always his father's son, even while he was a runaway, and would be his father's son no matter where he went, or when, if ever, that he came home.

By correctly dividing the truth, we can see that once we have been adopted as God's child, we will always be his child, no matter if we run away, or how long we stay gone, we are still his adopted son.
“Yes this is a beautiful event of a son who left home for a length of time before he came to himself, and went back home. The runaway son was always his father's son, even while he was a runaway, and would be his father's son no matter where he went, or when, if ever, that he came home.”

a yeah the wayward son is all mankind of the son chose to keep living his way and stay away , he wasn’t forced instead he acknowledged his sins and desolation and made a choice to go home

aid he had said “ I don’t need to return to my fathers house to be there “ he would never have been embraced because of you notice the father deeply loved him always but let him choose his own life and where he was going to live it

air was when the son realized his way isn’t the way and his fathers house is better and made the decision “ I will return to my father humbly and ask if I might be a hired servant because I’m no longer worthy to be called his son “

as d the. He turned from his old corrupt life d started walking home that is when the father ran to meet him , he didn’t go drag him home against his Will , he didn’t bind his hands and carry him , instead he was always hoping and left his heart and home open in case his son ever remembered where he belongs and decided to return

that’s mankind’s state we need to accept the gospel and words of the father if we do that he’s going to call us home and like all good fathers teach us the right ways so we don’t end up back on the squaller dining with the swine in rags and being desolate

the father isn’t a puppet master he’s called for us and said the doors are open forget what you did before when you left and what you’ve done since and come home to me so I can embrace you again kiss you and cloth you out your family ring on your hand so everyone knows you’ve come home to me

We gotta respond to God it’s basic , hard to do when we’re convinced and trying to convince everyone “ you don’t need to acknolwedge what you’ve done to get so far away you never had a chi lice anyways the farher made you leave and later he’ll force you home “

Because that’s not true he’s not ever going to force us to come to him he’s already shouted for us to come and said hesr me and believe

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Show us the Father

John 14:9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?”

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Show us the Father

John 14:9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?”
amen brother that’s what the gospel is all about what God the father said and did for his children. In his teachings and actions we see the feather clearly like the parable men saw God like the Old Testament and received him like this

“Now therefore why should we die? for this great fire will consume us: if we hear the voice of the LORD our God any more, then we shall die.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭5:25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

that’s not a father son relationship a Fathers word is this to his children

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Like this

“And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭23:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This

“Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭12:32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He’s an example to his children

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:36‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He loves his children

“for the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭16:27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Motivates and encourages them

“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We see the father by faith hearing and accepting the gospel which is how we know anything about Jesus Christ those four books in the Bible that record from his virgin birth , to his baptism and anointing by the spirit to preach the gospel , his ministry and all the wonderful works he did the miracles forgiving people calling them to return to him and he would pardon all thier sins , all the son taught us about God the father and said to believe and you’ll live , his suffering and death for our sins , his resurrection for his righteousness his ascention into heaven after he rose even sending his spirit from heaven into the hearts of believers

Imagine if we took away everything Jesus said ‬‬out the father and his children. Everything he taught in the four gospels about the father living is as his children

we couldnt know the father without hearing and believing those things like the parable ofnthe prodigal it teaches us that God is t there to destroy us for every sin but that he’s always been waiting for us to repent and turn back towards him

a that’s how we “ see” the father by faith and not sight as we hear the gospel the father is being revealed by faith so we can know him

“And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That understanding is the gospel