Similarity between the days of Noah and nowadays

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
In the days of Noah people were eating and drinking, giving in marriage, and marrying (Matt 24:38). The imagination and thoughts of man was evil. Nowadays people are too busy for God. They embrace the lifestyle of self-sufficiency and self-satisfaction without the need of God. They ignore the warning of God about the impending wrath to come on the wicked.

The rain did not fall to destroy the wicked until Noah and his family were safe in the ark. Similarly, God has promised that those who keep His word will be saved from the tribulation. The hour of temptation will not happen until the righteous are removed from the Earth.

I’d like to know your thoughts.

S

shininglight

Plus, we see a population growth these days much like the days of Noah. I think there are 7 billion people in the world now.

H

heatherivory

I think about this often. I see alot of similarities between now and the Days of Noah. I think the end is near, but near could be 5 yrs or 50 yrs, or more.

Oct 22, 2011
. The hour of temptation will not happen until the righteous are removed from the Earth.
Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
There is no scriptural proof that says the hour of temptation will not happen until the righteous are removed from the earth. Only that He will keep us from this hour of temptation.
But I do agree with the rest of your post. Therefore we need to be ready.

In Christ, 1Christianwarrior316

Feb 11, 2012
Luk 13:23 And one said to Him, Lord, are the ones being saved few? And He said to them,
Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the narrow gate. For I say to you, many will seek to enter in and shall not be able.

These are truly the days of Noah, many as in that day will not be prepared, as Jesus also said He is coming as a thief in the night!

Noah was declared righteous by God, because he was obedient to His calling to build an ark, which he did, he stood for righteousness, preached it to the lost masses, and got hated, laughed at by many. Few heeded to his message, and its the same today, where you get saved IN your vile sins, and Jesus is the remedy for our sin nature! Repentance and holiness is thrown out the door. Billions of souls are at stake here, as only 8 were saved from the great flood!

Jesus was right when He said, few will be saved, as many today in the churches think they are safe, will be raptured up, and can live how thay want, loving the world and God, and continuing in unrepentant sin and worldliness.

The false church today teaches just confess, and trust Jesus did it all for you, but the real gospel message is long forgotten, covered in many layers of lies, is that Jesus is calling His creation to repent and obey His commands.

He is calling His followers out of the false system that teaches we are just poor sinners saved by grace, and you can surely sin and not die spiritually.

That is why we are in the days of Noah, where billions will perish unless that get right with God, through repentance and faith proven by deeds! 2 Cor 7-10-11.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness,
Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Oct 31, 2011
It makes me watch myself closely to see how much of what I believe in comes from the pagan world around me, like Hollywood, and how much comes from God’s word.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
In the days of Noah people were eating and drinking, giving in marriage, and marrying (Matt 24:38). The imagination and thoughts of man was evil. Nowadays people are too busy for God. They embrace the lifestyle of self-sufficiency and self-satisfaction without the need of God. They ignore the warning of God about the impending wrath to come on the wicked.

The rain did not fall to destroy the wicked until Noah and his family were safe in the ark. Similarly, God has promised that those who keep His word will be saved from the tribulation. The hour of temptation will not happen until the righteous are removed from the Earth.

I’d like to know your thoughts.
I agree with all except for the raptureism, if that's what you mean with "the righteous are removed from the Earth".

Basically, I believe that the return of Christ may actually happen at "any time". I just don't believe in any form of dispensational interpretation of the end times or a limited "tribulation" time period or premillenialism.

Last edited:
P

psychomom

Wait...Tommy4Christ, I thought it's true that Jesus is the remedy for our sin nature!

I know I can't deliver myself from this body of death...

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
First that which is written about the end times must come to pass, hold on to your Bible and familiarize yourself with how and when Yahshua the Messiah returns, then you will not be deceived...

If a news report was aired saying people had been disappearing from the streets, and that some say it was the rapture, and you were left behind..... will you be Faithful to Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah?

Would you think you were not took and lose your Faith?

I'm not saying this will happen, I'm saying that there is an evil agenda at force and you must make your foundation Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah always and let no one tell you different to that which is written.

It will appear good and it will seem like the answer to the worlds problems....

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Psalm 91
1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.