Sin, Sickness, and Job

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

ABMF

God works through means
Agreed. He used figs to put on a boil which have no known healing properties for that. Jesus used spit to make mud and then put it on a man's eyes. I think to have a little fun with the squeaky clean Pharisees and poke fun at the "salve" users. Timothy was told to drink wine but all wine does is make a sour tum tum worse. Polluted water was probably the issue. Oil is used externally in James 5:14-15. Jesus did not EVER use medical means to heal nor did anyone else in the Bible including Luke after he received the truth of divine healing.Jesus could have easily told us in the Bible that in the latter days He was giving His bride the #3 cause of death to be stripped naked, drugged, and cut up instead of what He demonstrated over and over He provides.
Do you go to the market for your food? Why? Why not just trust God that He will SUPPLY ALL your needs?
Please. You really do know better than that don't you?
Your misuse of Scripture befuddles me
. Your failure to see that it is ALWAYS God's will to heal with no exceptions only easily met conditions by grace through faith does not surprise or befuddle me. Here is the reason: Matthew 15:1-9.
Besides what source are you using to craft your definition of dualism? It generally refers to the belief that there are two equal and opposing forces at work in the universe...one good and one evil.
Asking God to heal me by direct means (Himself) or indirect means (physicians)...whichever way He sees fit is not a dualistic view.
Perhaps dualism is a poor choice. I was clear I meant God and the arm of the flesh for what God expects His saints to trust Him alone for within the meaning of the NT verb to save. Look it up in Vine's and see how it is used in the NT.
The OT Jews understood very well they could not trust God and man and an honest study will show this. Today Christians believe they can trust both the medical system and God for healing which is nowhere taught in the Bible. For one thing God NEVER shares His glory with another and Jesus, who is God, demonstrated healing as God's will and glory. Many are doing what Judges 21:25 says and reaping the consequences because they refuse to do what Romans 12:1 says. This makes Romans 12:2 impossible in regard to trusting Jesus alone for healing.
King Asa is a good example in 2 Chronicles 15:12-13, 16:1-14. Also see 1 Kings 18:21 and Jeremiah 17:5-8. Here is the clear OT promise with conditions: Exodus 15:26, Exodus 23:25, Psalm 103:1-6, Psalm 107:20 which Jesus demonstrated in Matthew 8:5-13.
Do you have the Acts 2:4 experience?