Single and Dating

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kemada

Do you think that it is okay for Christians to date online?

J

Jullianna

Sure, if they are careful.

Jul 13, 2009
I don't think that being a Christian changes the fact if one should date online or not. It's 2 different things.
I don't believe meeting someone online is bad tho, as long as you both aim at actually being together in the future. I think the internet, chat sites, etc are just a medium in which you can meet others, comunicate, share and possibly start a relationship BUT it shouldn't be what the relationship is about. After all, being in a relationship actually means being together.

U

Ugly

While the dynamics of online/long distance dating are different, the overall concept is the same. People are people, feelings are feelings, whether its in person or online.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Im Christian. Anyone wanna date me?

jk.

seriously. I am not that desperate.

A

Aqua_Girl09

Its ok to meet online. but seeing someone is fairly important. ppl can easily change who they are online and the little things that might get on your nerves in person can easily be hidden. its important to know that how they talk and act in front of you is how they talk and act in front of their friends and family.
you also want to see what kind of people they hang with. the hobbies they don't tell you about etc

dating online CAN happen but i think you should see them in person before you get too serious.

Jul 24, 2010
It's okay, but I don't recommend it personally unless you both have a means of somehow meeting each other at some point within the year it starts. Otherwise it often feels like you have an imaginary boyfriend/girlfriend, and it also increases the temptation to cheat because there's often no way they'd ever find out. And even if you read that and go, "Well I'd never cheat!" the sad truth is most cheaters feel the exact same way before they eventually screw up, so don't completely write yourself off as someone who wouldn't do that. We all make mistakes. And naturally if it increases the risks with you, it does with him/her as well. So anyways, I'd just say be careful. I've had several online relationships in the past and while some of them left me with some great friends that I still talk to even though the dating part ended, some of them ended very very badly and I made some new enemies online, some I deserved to have, some that were just jerks. And while it is easy to avoid online enemies by simply staying off the internet, there's always a sadness in seeing someone who used to care about you or seemed to, turn into someone who despises you.

The only other piece of advice I'd have is if you decide to do this, don't start an online relationship with someone who asks within the first 3 sentences of meeting you, "You wanna date?" just like you probably wouldn't in real life. Only do it with people that you've already established some sort of friendship with already and if it grows into online dating it tends to go better, from my experience anyways. The ones I got to know and had a pretty solid friendship with went a lot better than the ones I barely knew.

And thanks to the scaremongering media, you know the obvious rule by now. Be careful on the internet, there's strangers lurking on there who will blah blah blah... you know the drill.

K

Kornti96

I personally think it's okay, but you have to be careful and respectful. I am personally looking for a great guy that I can share my faith with.

C

christiancollegegirl

I think it's ok. If he's the one God has planned for you, being 3 states apart isn't going to matter.

C

christiancollegegirl

lol Texas is a pretty big state. so being 3 states away is a pretty big distance. Even the opposite sides of texas is a loooooooong way! I'm glad I live inthe middle.

J

Jullianna

YAY for the middle CCG ;)

C

christiancollegegirl

lol that way it only takes forever to get out of the state instead of forever and 2 days. :p