single and searching - advice needed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

mark81

Hey. I;m only new here.

I'm 31, and single.
I have been interested in a girl at church for a while, and I think its of God, I have had numerous people come to me and say I can see you with that girl, and some I have talked to and they say to me after that that they could see that.

I am just a little worried about 2 issues - one very small, and one big. Smaller one is she is 38, but I don't mind the age difference as many have that age difference I know of. The big issue is she has 2 kids, a 16y.o and a 10y.o.
I love this girl, and would like to see it work, we are absolutely great friends outside of church but I am a little unsure taking it any further.
Does anyone have any advice, I will be entering a blended family, and one part of me says its great as I get along with the kids, but the other part is saying no I can't do it. I am unsure what God is saying, and what the devil is trying to say...

J

Jullianna

If any part of you is unsure for any reason ever regarding marriage, don't do it. Take your time. Pray about it. No hurry, right?

Jul 25, 2012
It takes enough courage for a man to know what He really want, if you are sure enough that you love her and the kids things will work out. Make it sure you both loved one another. :)

M

Maryforlife

Jullianna is absolutely true suggesting that peace of mind is a sign that you are on the right way and that certainty about relationship is extremely important. Yet let's look at the fears. "The small one" derives from the stereotypes about age in love relationship. "The bigger one" has even biological basement. When a lion male meets a lioness with children, he wants to obliterate them. But that is a behavior of animals. If you are human and, moreover, reborn in Christ, you may live as a being who is full of love and compassion. All the anxieties could not be given by God, for the fruits of Holy Spirit are peace, joy, love. Are you afraid of loving the kids of 10 and 16? Are you afraid of taking care of them? Are you afraid of showing how warm and caring you could be and how much you love their mom? It is best not to think what you can get in a situation, but what you can give. If you believe in God, it is His Light that you can bring into your environment. You are a channel of God's LOVE. Be blessed!

U

Ugly

The age thing shouldn't matter. Its not that big of a difference. I was once engaged to a woman 11 years older than i was.
Far as kids goes, i've been there too. It can be tricky, it would be cause to go slow and to have discussions with the kids if you ever intended on marriage. But it is doable. I came from a blended family. My half bro/sis see their step dad as just 'dad'.
So yeah, as said before, don't rush. Maybe it is where God's leading you, but take your time and make sure all things are covered with the your doubts first, and the kids second.