Single verses OUT OF CONTEXT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CanadaNZ

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Surely it is an annoying thing itself. But if you want any replies to your query then I guess you have to exemplify it.

C

CanadaNZ

Don't need to, was just screaming out in frustration at the urge to twist the truth that so many on here have.

B

BillyWhite

Hello? Is there anyone here who is able to spiritually help someone with some advice?

R

Rickee

I am a Minister, Perhaps I can help....

C

CanadaNZ

Always available to help.

C

CanadaNZ

Give us an example and correct those who frustrate you if you be correct.
LOL as if those that do this have any interest in being corrected. You point out the context of the verse and they just stop responding to you and then next thing you know they have started another thread saying the same old lies again.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
LOL as if those that do this have any interest in being corrected. You point out the context of the verse and they just stop responding to you and then next thing you know they have started another thread saying the same old lies again.

Not sure what matter you speak of, maybe the person you have been typing to will know what is meant by this thread then.

C

CanadaNZ

Not sure what matter you speak of, maybe the person you have been typing to will know what is meant by this thread then.
This is not to one specific person as there are so many that do this. Too many people seem to think that they can make the bible say anything, but we know that the bible as a whole is true so if what you claim does not agree with the rest of the Bible it is not true. Many claim things using single verses and parts of verses that don't even mean what they claim it does in the context of the passage where it is found. One of the most recent debacles was when someone took basically 13 verses scattered through out the bible (including one from a passage in John where Jesus is talking about the Holy Spirit) to prove that the prophet that was to come, that was to be like Moses, was Mohammed. The saddest thing is I have know pastors in my life who preach this way, they apply their belief to the Bible rather than letting the Bible determine what they believe.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I dont think this post is about saying scripture perfectly.
I believe the best way to sum up the message here is...
Do you quote scripture to prove your point.
Or does one quote scripture to prove God's point.
Hopefully God's point! :)

God bless
pickles