Singles about the Father's business

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

LUKE 2:
49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I loved being married. Probably will be again at some point. But I really like being single right now. :)

So.... how has your singledom allowed you to be about the Father's business?

B

Beloved57

Will because, of a pastor who urk me as a young Christian, because he said he didn't care if it is in the Bible, if you couldn't give the address he couldn't check it. God by His Spirit (according to friends and family) has help me to hide His Word in my Heart (Psalms 119:11), as my family and some other Christian friends like to call me a walking Bible.

But this more of a gift from God. So I get to study the Holy Word (II Timothy 2:15).

Feb 10, 2008
Hmmm, thought provoking question. When I first read it, I didn't think that there really was anything. I have often looked at my life and thought about the wonderful things that a strong christian woman and myself could do together. But then it hit me, there really is something that God has provided to me in my single-ness that is certainly of Him.

As mentioned in other posts, I am a very dedicated friend. In relationships, this means that I am even more fiercely loyal and dedicated. If I look back on the last 8 months, it is amazing to see how many new people I have met. I pray that my impact on all of their lives has been righteous and beneficial to their walk in life. If I were married, I have no doubt... I would not be going out seeking new friendships. I'm not suggesting that I wouldn't make new friends, but I am certain I would not be nearly as "externally" focused. Even now, I feel like I am not reaching out enough to people. Maybe I really am not ready to be married...

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
I'd say being single is definitely freedom to be there for more people in more ways....which is also the very thing that can wear a person out if we're not careful.

J

Jullianna

Great to read guys. :) Thanks!

We see people talking in just about every thread in this forum about how we should be focused on God and Paul said singleness would give us greater opportunities to serve, so I found myself wondering whether people were actually serving.

41 people have viewed this thread. 3 have posted.

B

Beloved57

Great to read guys. :) Thanks!

We see people talking in just about every thread in this forum about how we should be focused on God and Paul said singleness would give us greater opportunities to serve, so I found myself wondering whether people were actually serving.

41 people have viewed this thread. 3 have posted.

IMO this is because a lot of churches preferred to think that married people make better servant in God's House. From what experience I have had most churches are not singlke friendly. I think many in the church don't know about I Corinthians 7:32-33.

K

keep_on_smiling

Great post!

I think that one of the greatest works that single believers can do is be a witness to everyone around them, including married people. If we are seeking the Lord and living in His ways we are showing others many things about patients and faith as we are single. I often get comments from people pertaining to how wonderful they think it is that I'm trusting and waiting on God and that I'm not out searching for any guy at parties or just dating for the sake of being with someone. OR I get comments that ask why I'm not just dating to find the right guy and that gives the perfect opportunity to share about the Lord. (I'm certainly not claiming to be perfect when it comes to being patient and trusting God, but it certainly is effective and serving God when we are that way.) People are always watching. Whether we are single or not, we need to be aware of what we do because to some degree it effects the name of the Lord.

The other things that comes to mind is that being single allows us to focus on our relationship with the Lord without having to worry about other people. In doing this we are making ourselves more readied to serve the Lord.

J

Jullianna

I do want to take a moment to thank those of this forum who told me last week in different ways and in different areas of CC how some of the threads we create here and our posts encourage and educate them. We don't always get everything right, but it's great to learn that God is using us as we open our hearts and lives to one another.

J

Jullianna

Beloved, I would like to see more singles be proactive in developing these ministries.

Feb 10, 2008
IMO this is because a lot of churches preferred to think that married people make better servant in God's House. From what experience I have had most churches are not singlke friendly. I think many in the church don't know about I Corinthians 7:32-33.
OH man, I just realized that I never responded to this. I also have felt awkward as I have recently been trying to find a church. I'm getting to the age where I can't really "hang with" the college kids. And once you get out of that age group it seems like many churches don't know what to do with you. In some ways it almost seems like they don't trust you enough if you haven't proven that you are responsible enough to father children. :S

Aug 2, 2009
LUKE 2:
49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I loved being married. Probably will be again at some point. But I really like being single right now. :)

So.... how has your singledom allowed you to be about the Father's business?
I really wish the bible said more about Jesus's life as a kid. *sigh*

B

Beloved57

Beloved, I would like to see more singles be proactive in developing these ministries.

Julianna, you know in the last week I have had God step on my toes several times,:eek: you are the first person, God has use thru His Spirit to step on them twice:(!

Thank You I think.:D

J

Jullianna

Julianna, you know in the last week I have had God step on my toes several times,:eek: you are the first person, God has use thru His Spirit to step on them twice:(!

Thank You I think.:D

LOL! Oops..... :eek:

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
Being single helps me focus on school. I'm going back to school in August, and it will be the first step to seminary. I'm hoping I'll meet someone good at seminary, if I don't meet someone nice before then.

I have the liberty to study and pray whenever I want. A relationship with a man takes time; time to spend together, time to learn about each other, time to talk together. That's time I can spend one on one with God, studying my subjects for school, and just plain being free.

You know, it's amazing to me: I never feel sexually dissatisfied. I never feel deprived. I don't masturbate - I just never feel frustrations. So it makes it easier to wait. Plus I'm pretty much a loner/homebody anyway.

Last edited:
J

Jullianna

I know what you mean about school. After my husband passed, I went back to school to earn my Master's. It really helped in the healing process. Gave me something to focus on. Helped me step out of the pain and frustration. Lifted me up and gave me confidence.

I was a young married mom during my undergrad years. That was TOUGH. It can be done, but I don't recommend it.

B

Beloved57

I do like God promise for being about His work.

Hebrews 6:10
For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed His Name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
That is just so awesome that God will remember are labour of love.