singles threads

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

I agree with Elizabeth and would like to see this become a more edifying forum. We've suffered quite a downward spiral for the past few weeks. Some other forums have as well. Not sure what's up with that... Anyway, forums are only as good as those who post there, so why don't we learn together and encourage one another as we are called to?

To that end, what sort of threads do you like to read? Do you like a balance of fun and serious? Do you lean more toward one than the other?

I tend to lean more toward those that cause me to take a deeper look at my life, but I realize that it's important to come up for air from time to time too. Seems like we can get a little testy/down otherwise, huh?

What are your thoughts?

T

thimsrebma

I agree that things have been going down hill for a few weeks or so. That's one of the reasons I havn't been on much.

I pop in and out from time to time but lately havnt been many topics I am interested in or know that I am going to read something so blatantly disrespectful that I just don't come in.

It sad really. This is a place for online fellowship with our brotheren. We should be uplifting each other with words of wisdom, encouragement and prayer. But lately it seems that the condemning, mean spirited, judgemental, and disrespectful atmosphere that many of us have experienced in the Bible Chat forums has creeped in here.

I do not necessarily think the thread topics have been bad but have been getting derailed by negative comments and responses of disgusts.

My advice to all is to simply ignore anyone who you feel is continuously derailing threads and or making negative comments about most things. Let's try to stay on topic. When we disagree give examples, scriptures and etc but let's not argue.

Most importantly, remember that God sees and hears all we do. Many people will offend you in life but their actions don't dictate yours. Your response to offense makes or breaks the outcome.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I agree and I think a lot of it has to do with people creating threads that lack a level of sincerity. People create threads with questions they don't care about the answers to, they just want to be heard. In a way we all want to be heard, its human.

Thimsrebma, I like that you don't participate when you don't want to, it makes me value your views more. I like that you bring so much with what you say, that it doesn't need to be attention grabbing or spicy to be relevant. :)

L

Liz01

I would like to see here more threads about how i can apply the bible in my life, because there are a lot of things that as a christian i have to obey and i it has happened to me that i completely agree and want to put in practice something, but sometimes i need to see how other ppl do that, of course i like funny threads too, bc they help me to relax :) And like very much the threads when ppl encourgae others...

A

allforfun

Positivity attracts positivity. You can't convince someone to be positive if they don't want to be and I have seen a lot of that lately. Just from my birds eye, not pointing fingers.

Lifting each other up, has a nice ring to it :)

J

Jullianna

*claps hands* Okay team! Let's do this!
POSITIVITY AND NO FEEDING THE TROLLS! :D

J

Jullianna

I agree that things have been going down hill for a few weeks or so. That's one of the reasons I havn't been on much.

I pop in and out from time to time but lately havnt been many topics I am interested in or know that I am going to read something so blatantly disrespectful that I just don't come in.

It sad really. This is a place for online fellowship with our brotheren. We should be uplifting each other with words of wisdom, encouragement and prayer. But lately it seems that the condemning, mean spirited, judgemental, and disrespectful atmosphere that many of us have experienced in the Bible Chat forums has creeped in here.

I do not necessarily think the thread topics have been bad but have been getting derailed by negative comments and responses of disgusts.

My advice to all is to simply ignore anyone who you feel is continuously derailing threads and or making negative comments about most things. Let's try to stay on topic. When we disagree give examples, scriptures and etc but let's not argue.

Most importantly, remember that God sees and hears all we do. Many people will offend you in life but their actions don't dictate yours. Your response to offense makes or breaks the outcome.
I really like what you say here, Amber.

I normally try to post at least once on the threads in here because I don't want to make anyone feel ignored/hurt anyone's feelings (which is probably pretty stupid on my part), but sometimes I just have to close them and walk away. As I was reading through them last night, I found myself beginning to post three times....but just backspaced out and closed it.