Six Signs You Need to Stop Talking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Becky216

Sign 1: You’re Complaining, Not Explaining
There will be times when keeping quiet in order to avoid complaining seems so hard you almost can’t stand it. But God will always give you the grace to do it. And if we ever want to arrive at our Promised Land, we need to stop complaining about the way God’s getting us there.

Sign 2: You’re Criticizing Somebody
Picture this. Someone says or does something you think they shouldn’t have done and all of a sudden, you’ve got about a hundred opinions about them that you want to talk about! Sharing your critical opinions about other people is always a mistake. We need to cover one another with love, instead of uncovering their weaknesses and pointing out their flaws.

Sign 3: Your God Is Too Small
Whenever we say, “I can’t do this” or “It’s too much for me to take,” we’re actually defeating ourselves―and we’re not trusting God to get us through it. What we need to say is, “God is bigger than every issue I will ever have to face, and I can do whatever I need to do through Christ who strengthens me.”

Sign 4: You’re Self-Inflated
We like to boast about what we’ve done, what we can do, and what we’re going to do. If we’re not careful, we can even take credit for thingsGod did! Everything we do, we should do it as unto the Lord. (Colossians 3:23) I don’t think we can even begin to know what God would do for us and the things He would allow us to participate in if we would learn to keep our successes a secret between us and God, unless He specifically gives us permission to share them.

Sign 5: You’re Standing in Judgment
Matthew 7:1 says, “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged.” I think this is really important for Christians because we can get our religious, snooty noses up in the air. And if somebody does something wrong, they’re out of the group. We can look at everybody else through a magnifying glass when we’re a mess ourselves and can’t even see it. So we need to remain humble before God and before others.

Sign 6: You’re Just Being Negative
The world is full of negativity. Instead of adding to that negativity, Christians need to be positive about the problems and circumstances we face. We may not get everything we want, the way we want it, when we want it, but God will take care of us and give us grace to have joy and be positive in the midst of any situation. And that’s an awesome way to live.

O

OFM

Dearest Dear Rebecca thanx agian so much for sharing with us amen..........

S

shirley

i agree on this issue alot it dawned on me about mary n martha ;martha always complained about what she had to do but mary did everything too but for the service of GOD ; these should be a lesson to learn mary was humble but martha complained like mary ;you long to sit at the lords feet ........but the daily demands of a busy world just wont leave you alone ;like matha; you love jesus and really want to serve him.......yet you struggle wth weariness; resentment and feelings of inadequacy

Oct 31, 2011
Have you ever watched people to see if they are listening or only wanting to talk?

H

HebrewsTwelve22

Sign 2: You’re Criticizing Somebody
Picture this. Someone says or does something you think they shouldn’t have done and all of a sudden, you’ve got about a hundred opinions about them that you want to talk about! Sharing your critical opinions about other people is always a mistake. We need to cover one another with love, instead of uncovering their weaknesses and pointing out their flaws.
ouch
guilty :eek:

Proverbs 13:3 The one who guards his mouth preserves his life; The one who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.

Proverbs 21:23 He who guards his mouth and his tongue, Guards his soul from troubles.

The Lord has been talking to me much of late about my tongue. My Mother has a good saying "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all!" Lord help us to guard our tongues from speaking evil or from tearing down and discouraging. Help us to use them to encourage, build up, strengthen and speak all truth that all our words may truly bring blessing and speak of your truth all our days Amen.

flowerof3

May 1, 2011
you are absolutely right, i especially love 1,2,5,6

5 is definitely true years ago i was looking for a church in the city to go to because my home church was in the county and it was really difficult getting there well i was across the street from the church i was planning on visiting , the mother and daughter came in the store , the daughter spoke and i inquired about the church and it seemed like a nice place because of her and so i asked would it be okay to wear pants because i'm comfortable in casual/dressy pants she nicely said yes ,bring your family we would love to have you , but her mother overheard and turned around in a not to friendly, snobby demeanor and said no don't come to church wearing pants, and proceeded to basically fuss at the daughter for telling us we didn't have to wear dresses or be fancy.. and that made me not want to ever go to the church because i new there were more members in that church that felt like the mother.. my sister and i talked about that on our way home , we were in disbelief , i thought about all the people who might have needed to hear God's word that were turned away by members like her

F

ForeverHis42

you are absolutely right, i especially love 1,2,5,6

5 is definitely true years ago i was looking for a church in the city to go to because my home church was in the county and it was really difficult getting there well i was across the street from the church i was planning on visiting , the mother and daughter came in the store , the daughter spoke and i inquired about the church and it seemed like a nice place because of her and so i asked would it be okay to wear pants because i'm comfortable in casual/dressy pants she nicely said yes ,bring your family we would love to have you , but her mother overheard and turned around in a not to friendly, snobby demeanor and said no don't come to church wearing pants, and proceeded to basically fuss at the daughter for telling us we didn't have to wear dresses or be fancy.. and that made me not want to ever go to the church because i new there were more members in that church that felt like the mother.. my sister and i talked about that on our way home , we were in disbelief , i thought about all the people who might have needed to hear God's word that were turned away by members like her
Thats horrible! :mad: