Skullet Haircuts Question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mekajen

Mar 22, 2023
Hey everyone! I've been contemplating the idea of getting a skullet haircuts lately, but I'm not quite sure if I should go for it. For those who might not be familiar, a skullet is essentially a combination of a bald head on top with long hair in the back. It's a bold and unique style, and I'm curious if anyone here has experience with it. What's it like to maintain? How do people react to it? Any tips or advice for someone considering this edgy look?

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
Hey everyone! I've been contemplating the idea of getting a skullet haircuts lately, but I'm not quite sure if I should go for it. For those who might not be familiar, a skullet is essentially a combination of a bald head on top with long hair in the back. It's a bold and unique style, and I'm curious if anyone here has experience with it. What's it like to maintain? How do people react to it? Any tips or advice for someone considering this edgy look?
It really depends on how it is done. I have seen some that are not bad and some that look really stupid.

But …that is just my personal opinion. ……Of course my opinion is sought after throughout the world…………………………………..By nobody.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
My brother had one of those haircuts.
He got hold of Mom's scissors when he was 5.
😄
Not to make fun because it doesn't matter to me how people wear their hair. A good friend has long hair and I never said a thing about it. It's his head. Now if he ever ties it with a pink bow, we're going to have words!

Honestly, you will get a LOT of turned heads and people who will try not to look.
I know hair and am going to sell a vintage barber shop ASAP.

THE EDGY look, believe it or not, is a clean cut conservative haircut 💈 and a clean looking wardrobe. The ladies will approach you at church, work, in grocery stores, and wait for you to initiate conversation if they are bashful. Most are. They will sit down next to you at church or wherever if you are by yourself and well groomed. You don't have to be a model. Just take good care of yourself and look like you have a clean life. I saw a guy today who was nearly 7' tall and had tattoos all over his arms and face. At first glance I thought he was a coal miner.

There's a passage or three in the Bible about men's hair, but God is most concerned with what's going to happen to us all.
The best place to start is Here.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Do you practice Kung Fu?
If you are like this guy, nobody will ever dare say a word about your haircut...to your face.
This guy can pull it off. 😁

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

It used to be called a "Tonsure" and was popular among monks. .:D

In fact it was the only hairstyle allowed for medieval monks...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Welcome!
:)

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022

It used to be called a "Tonsure" and was popular among monks. .:D

In fact it was the only hairstyle allowed for medieval monks...
You know some unique hairstyles.

The football players occasionally wanted their jersey number shaved into their haircut.
This one looks pretty easy though.

mekajen

Mar 22, 2023
It really depends on how it is done. I have seen some that are not bad and some that look really stupid.

But …that is just my personal opinion. ……Of course my opinion is sought after throughout the world…………………………………..By nobody.
thank you for your suggestion

mekajen

Mar 22, 2023
My brother had one of those haircuts.
He got hold of Mom's scissors when he was 5.
😄
Not to make fun because it doesn't matter to me how people wear their hair. A good friend has long hair and I never said a thing about it. It's his head. Now if he ever ties it with a pink bow, we're going to have words!

Honestly, you will get a LOT of turned heads and people who will try not to look.
I know hair and am going to sell a vintage barber shop ASAP.

THE EDGY look, believe it or not, is a clean cut conservative haircut 💈 and a clean looking wardrobe. The ladies will approach you at church, work, in grocery stores, and wait for you to initiate conversation if they are bashful. Most are. They will sit down next to you at church or wherever if you are by yourself and well groomed. You don't have to be a model. Just take good care of yourself and look like you have a clean life. I saw a guy today who was nearly 7' tall and had tattoos all over his arms and face. At first glance I thought he was a coal miner.

There's a passage or three in the Bible about men's hair, but God is most concerned with what's going to happen to us all.
The best place to start is Here.
also thank you so much for your suggestion. really appreciate that.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
also thank you so much for your suggestion. really appreciate that.
You are fortunate to have the hair for that option. Many guys can only go with the the Rock , Jason Statham look and sometimes end up like Uncle Fester.
The Lord gives us options for pretty much anything that doesn't go against His Word.

Then I would try it out, whether clothing, style and see what you like. Ask those in your personal life what they prefer, if that matters.
Of course some jobs have dress codes.
Other than that, I doubt most care .

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
thank you for your suggestion
Do what you like ...don't base it on anyone's opinion including mine ....I have had a couple really bad hairstyles .... but it grew back.