smoked brisket

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mekajen

Mar 22, 2023
I'm going to be smoking my first brisket on a pellet grill soon and wanted to see if there were any pro tips you have or recipes that you swear by for making brisket. I'm hoping that this can become a resource for anyone getting into or already into pellet grill smoking, specifically for brisket. Maybe we can create a series of threads for each main meat type (ribs, pulled pork, whole chicken, etc), that has user-tried recipes or tips.

I'll start with some things I've read: hickory and mesquite wood pellets are good choices for beef

Many people recommend using butcher paper (unwanted, food grade) instead of foil in order to keep the bark on the brisket, and not "steam" it away, but have also read that it might take longer to get to the final temp

I've also read mixed things about doing fat side down (some say the meat was dry but lots of recipes call for this). Any thoughts?

Does anyone do liquid injections into the meat? Any rubs that you love?

Also, any other resources/forums for bbq smokers? I imagine Reddit might have some...