So how soon after you become friends with, can you ask her to hang out outside of chu

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 4, 2009
rch.

Basically, I made new friend and I'm actually fairly comfortable with her. And I'm just curious how long I have after wait to ask her to hang out with my friends? Just don't wanna scare her off or something.

Feb 10, 2008
Dot man, there really are no rules. :( Everyone is different and unique. I have never felt a need to artificially push someone to hang out. So, I would say "when it doesn't feel forced." As you get to know her, maybe you find out that she likes doing something that you also enjoy doing. Then maybe the next time you do it, you invite her as well.

How long does it take to get to know what she likes? I dunno, a few weeks, a few months? Some people are more open than others.

Sadly, it's not an equation that can be solved. It's something that really has to be made up as you go along.

May 4, 2009
So just ask her to hang out or something? I've already invited her to a in church biblestudy.

Feb 10, 2008
So just ask her to hang out or something? I've already invited her to a in church biblestudy.
Do you know what she like to do? Do you know what she does outside of church?

My gut response is that if you're asking if you should, then its probably still too early. But everyone is different...

J

Jullianna

How did she react to the invitation to the Bible study?

If you know her well enough to know what she likes, you probably know her well enough to casually ask her if she'd like to hang out sometime. :)

L

lonewolf

rch.

Basically, I made new friend and I'm actually fairly comfortable with her. And I'm just curious how long I have after wait to ask her to hang out with my friends? Just don't wanna scare her off or something.
Wait until you find out if she already has a boyfriend.

Aug 2, 2009
rch.

12.4 days.

G

GuyforChrist85

Dot,

I'd recommend definately asking her out sooner rather than later. If you wait too long she'll either think that you're:

A. Not interested in more than friends.
B. Not confident enough to ask her out.

Either A or B could lead to being friendzoned. (not always, but a high likelyhood). Just be straightforward and go after what you want bro!

The fact is, if she's interested in you, then it WON'T scare her off. If she's not interested, just move on. Women want a man to lead.

Best of luck!

May 4, 2009
Dot,

I'd recommend definately asking her out sooner rather than later. If you wait too long she'll either think that you're:

A. Not interested in more than friends.
B. Not confident enough to ask her out.

Either A or B could lead to being friendzoned. (not always, but a high likelyhood). Just be straightforward and go after what you want bro!

The fact is, if she's interested in you, then it WON'T scare her off. If she's not interested, just move on. Women want a man to lead.

Best of luck!
I'm not really sure if I'm into her as more than friend. She's definally someone I want to get to know better though.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
So ask her out at worst she says no which means you're exactly where you were before you asked her out...aka you have nothing to lose

May 4, 2009
So yeah, she's 5 years older than me. Though do still want to be friends with her and hang out. Besides she might have other girlfriends my age, and I really do need more friends.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
age differences start making a lot less of a difference the older you get. Whereas 5 years was a lot when i was 20-22 now its nothing.