So is it okay to be close friends with mulitple girls when you don't have a girlfrien

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 4, 2009
d.

So, I finally made a real friend that a girl. But she doesn't really doesn't seem like someone I could marry. So is it possible/normal to hang with her, and some other girls at the same time with her?

Basically, I get the feeling we'd be better as friends, but at the same time it feels like I'd be cheating on her since I was persuing her for awhile.

May 4, 2009
And I guess the other thing I'm wondering is what she already thinks I like her?

Aug 2, 2009
any time you can hang out with girls or a girl, go for it. you can learn a lot and also it will help u feel more comfortable with girls, plus you might hit it off with one of them. there really is no down side to it.

but once you have a girlfriend, your days of hanging out with girls should probably be kept to a minimum.

May 4, 2009
But I still don't want to make this one mad. I mean I don't think she'll be the one, but I could change my mind if I get to know her more.

Aug 2, 2009
Oh I see. Ok then I think you should ask her if she'd rather hang out with just you or with you and the other girls. She will either say she wants to hang with just you, or with you and the other girls, or that it doesn't matter to her. Either way you will then know what to do that won't make her mad, and if she says she'd rather hang out with just you then you know she likes you. :)

W

wwjd_kilden

Friends with multiple girls: Sure.

Friends with multiple girl with the intent of dating them all and see who is best? : Trouble ;)

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Friends is great. But be clear on your intentions. If you can't marry her, let her know that. (in a nice way.)

Jul 25, 2005
Does having multiple male friends mean you are homosexual?

K

keep_on_smiling

It's not wrong to have multiple friends that are girls. It is wrong to lead a friend into thinking there is something more to your relationship. If she isn't the one, make sure she knows you are just friends. If she knows that, then there isn't any reason for her to get mad.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
if you havent even taken her out on a date yet i wouldnt worry about it

K

keep_on_smiling

Yeah, but thing is I'm not sure if I did that or not.
Just go about things normally then, be aware of how you act and what you say. Everything will be fine. If she makes reference to dating, then be honest with her.

P

Powemm

My son has multiple female friendships... Long standing ones. Since 5th grade. He is now 21... No sexual relations have gone on and they are like brothers and sisters.. Love Love them! We discussed this one day .. I asked if he was interested in any of them .. He said " no , we have a clear understanding of where each of us stands .. We are together to strengthen and support each other morally... And kick each others butt if we start going in the wrong direction .. If your motives are right and your heart is right go for it... I know he has a great group he will carry into his adulthood !

May 4, 2009
Anyways, I got one of her friends phone numbers so we can start to hang out in group. And the 1st girl knows I intend to hang out with them in a group. So hopefully I won't have to worry about her thinking I like her.

Jul 25, 2012
Just keep the friendship(s) simple and honest. And don't forget to keep building yourself up spiritually. Remember, God first, others second, but continue to love them as much as you love yourself.