So many prayers...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

oopsies

I can't help it but sometimes when I look in here, I'm just overwhelmed with all the prayer requests. And it's not just here, outside of the forum in our real lives, there are a lot of hurting people who need prayers too. I guess what I wanted to say is if you're looking for prayer but see that no one or not many people have replied that they're praying for you, just look at the number of views column. Sometimes, we may not post but we are definitely praying for you. I might just have to keep a prayer book to jot down all the requests! Does anyone do that? I've always just sat down and silently prayed on whatever I remember or comes to mind.

On the thought of prayer though, could someone pray for me? My baptism is coming up and from what other people have said, I will be spiritually attacked in the weeks leading to the actual event. I would really appreciate it if someone could pray that God will give me continued strength to endure and persevere those coming days. Also, another issue has been heavy on my heart. I've read about rewards with our behaviour in the Bible. Some people refer to these as the crowns while others see them as the main reward - eternal life and whatever else that brings. I understand the purpose of telling us about the rewards - it is there to give us encouragement to persevere when we are down but the danger is to run the race with only the reward in mind (for the wrong purposes). If I can have one wish today, it will be that I will forget that I ever read those passages because now every time I do something good or kind, the rewards come to mind. It feels more like a burden than anything else.

Thanks!

G

giantone

There is a lesson in suffering, many lessons in fact, but I think when you’re a new Christian in most cases there is a bubble God puts over the new believer. You shouldn't worry about the devil attacking you I don't believe that will happen just yet. Suffering isn't a bad thing, very unpleasant but it produces patients, trust, love, obidiants, a closeness with God and all sorts of good fruit One day you may even welcome it (I'm not there yet) We get heaven but we get so much more in this life as well from suffering

When the times of suffering and temptation and anything else the devil is allowed to throw at us come, God will be waiting.

I tried to pray for you about this and told God I don't believe you have anything to worry about before your baptism.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
No problem, Ill be praying. Just look at the attacks if they happen like its a spoiled ogger throwwing a temper tantrum.
Just mad cause it cant have its way.
Smiles and God bless, pickles

O

oopsies

Thanks giantone and pickles. I will remember to leave it to God to handle things that I have no control over. That's usually the hardest part, eh?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thanks giantone and pickles. I will remember to leave it to God to handle things that I have no control over. That's usually the hardest part, eh?
No kidding. My biggest battle is my own worry. But the more you keep giving to Jesus the better it gets.
God bless, pickles

D

Dread_Zeppelin

Lol, you have no idea how glad I am that people are praying for my eyelids.

O

oopsies

lol @ dread

pickles, what do you do to let go of those worries? I think I'm quite like you - my mind is always full of "Oh, I need to remember to do this. What if I forgot this? I'm missing this - someone might not do this."