So, this is hope then?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

rainacorn

I've been seeing lots of threads recently about severe depression and despair.

Strangely, I read these posts and think, "Man, I'm glad I have no idea what that feels like."

However upon further reflection, once upon a time I felt that same way. There were times in my life where I thought the darkness would never go away. There were times where I thought I was beyond saving and things would never even be 'normal', let alone good. I know I have felt it before. I know I have.

So why do I feel like I can't relate?

Why do these stories of despair and hopelessness ring so completely foreign to me?

I do not feel empathy for you, even though I have been exactly where you are. The best I can do is sympathy. What is going on here?

The only possible reasoning I can come up with is that I turned those problems over to God and allowed Him to fix me. I surrendered entirely and gave into His healing. I became a true Christian and was cleansed by His blood.

The result of this is one I guess I hadn't noticed until now. That darkness I once wrestled with has been scrubbed so cleanly from my life, I have a hard time remembering that it was ever there. I remember television shows from my childhood more clearly than I remember horrible things from just a few years ago. The dark days are truly over and Jesus has given me hope.

The hope here that He gave me is that I never have to go back to that. I never have to experience that again. He has delivered me from it and there's no turning back. To help me not turn back, He's blessed me with the ability to forget. I remember with my mind (if I try hard enough), but I cannot recall the emotions in my heart. At this point, it would take serious effort to try and dig up that dirt.

The light comes easily and I have to seek out the darkness.

God is so GOOD! He only wants good things for us and if we give Him total authority in our lives, He will deliver in ways we could never really imagine. I am truly surprised by this revelation! I cannot relate to feeling lost. I cannot relate to feeling hopeless. I cannot relate to feeling alone. I get it intellectually and even experienced it personally but I do not FEEL IT!

Praise the Lord! Thank you Jesus for taking those memories and those feelings away from me! Thank you for opening my eyes to the many blessings you've bestowed on me and making it possible to wake up every morning with one thought- This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it! *starts clapping*

S

shekaniah

Yes, I agree! He is where our hope comes from, the more you know His spirit through His word, the more faith, hope and love you have! Amen
Thank you for sharing rainacorn!

R

Ramon

AMEN!!! AMEN!!!

There is one thing that I asked the Lord though. I asked the Lord to let me carry my cross. Why? So I could know how much he longed for souls. I want to walk as he walked. Jesus took on the sins of the world. You know how that feels?

Well, one day someone got angry at my brother and started to get in his face and yell at him, but then I broke in front of the situation and stood up for him. And all the wrath came on me. I took his place, and I ended up being the one hurt.

This is what Jesus did. He did not have to get off his throne to come to our degree and mess, but he did. What greater love than for one to lay down his life for his friends?

This is what intercessors do, and I have recently met an intercessor. No one sees her, no one hears from her. No one knows her name, but she has taken on MUCH evil for people, in spiritual warefare, praying for people. To the point of almost loosing her mind!!

What does she get for it? What reward?

May we all be like this lady. This nameless lady who puts her own life in jeopardy for the sake of another's well being. What an awesome way to be in Jesus Christ?

May Jesus bless you.

G

guilbautedsookie

I once suffered from depression and even suicide but when I met Christ and found strength with Him all that got erased from memory and I have never felt sad or down ever since

Survive80

Sep 8, 2011
*claps with you*
I have started to feel the same :) I just had been wondering how the concentration camp survivors keep the memories out of their heads...
I turned 31 yrs old today, and had rest today, eysterday a powerful meeting by one danish guy... got some medication help today too, which has not made this effect before.
My dear christian friend smsd me, don't take drugs and alcohol to end everything, Jesus has got the way out for you even if the medical science or others cant do much! My heart is not dead... My soul has still got my personality files... Aamen

S

Steve4U

You are beautiful,

and you look lovely.