So what's living in a dorm room like?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 4, 2009
I'm just wondering since I'm thinking of going away to a Christian College on the start of next year(I just need to finished the degree going to get 1st.) and I just want to know what living in one is like?

I mean does it make it easier to meet girls or make friends? Would I be hanging out with friends more often and stuff when I'm not in class?

S

sportygirl

I think it depends on how you want to be and where you go. For me living in the residence halls does allow me to hangout with some of the people im close to more, and allows me to make friends. I wouldnt say it has allowed me to meet guys, but there are some people that start dating people they meet. I think honestly it just depends on the friends you make in general though, most of mine dont live in the dorms (its the style of campus) but we still hangout and such. Just be openand try to meet new people and you'll be fine. PLus hopefully you have a good RA who trys to develop a community on the floor you live on (thats my goal as an RA next year), but if they dont seomtimes its hard.

Sharp

May 5, 2009
They smell.

H

HeartOfGod

I'm just wondering since I'm thinking of going away to a Christian College on the start of next year(I just need to finished the degree going to get 1st.) and I just want to know what living in one is like?

I mean does it make it easier to meet girls or make friends? Would I be hanging out with friends more often and stuff when I'm not in class?
Don't they have retreats where you can go and stay over the weekend to get a chance to see what it's like before you get into college? I know they do have that here in Canada, but I wouldn't know where you live?

H

hotfudge

Living in a dorm is great but u need to practice self decipline before going there. You'll meet a lot of people, from all walks of life. Some are good for you some are not, depends on how you choose the people that you'll hang out with.

and yeah there's a lot of opportunities to meet girls and friends. and there will always be that temptation to hang out with them instead of doing your thing as a student. and i tell you, that temptation is very strong.

so always review your priorties. set your heart on them. reflect why you are doing what you are doing. then you will be fine.

no worries. Jesus is with you. :)