Some questions related to homosexuality

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

curious123

Alright so I'm new here. No, I am not a Christian. I am simply curious (hence the name haha) and am not looking to become a Christian. All i do is ask questions to get some perspectives, then taking it into consideration. I would say I'm an open minded Atheist. If you judge, then you shall be destroyed with the Swords of a Thousand Truths. :p

1. You're thoughts on this site: The Gay Christian Network

We'll go from there. I'm looking for some serious answers.

R

Redeemed79

I.ve never been on that site and never knew it existed. Im new to this one and its my first chat site I've ever been on. Hi though and welcome. I think everyones walk with God is personal but it is by the same book (the Bible). I think it is sad that the gay thing is such a prevalent issue. I have gay friends who when I became a christian asked if I was still their friend. this mde me sad because it was about all they knew about christianity was the "gayhating" side. Good christians wont judge. they will not make homosexuality the biggest sin either becaause God doesnt measure sin the way we do. To Him its all the same no greater, no lesser!! when homosexualtiy is listed as a sin it is listed with many others. "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" which is why the need for Jesus. LOVE THE SINNER HATE THE SIN! is all.and that should be the same when someone is gay and looks at me....I hope, Love me....and if im in the act of sin, still love me, hate the sin :)

J

Jemmie

I.ve never been on that site and never knew it existed. Im new to this one and its my first chat site I've ever been on. Hi though and welcome. I think everyones walk with God is personal but it is by the same book (the Bible). I think it is sad that the gay thing is such a prevalent issue. I have gay friends who when I became a christian asked if I was still their friend. this mde me sad because it was about all they knew about christianity was the "gayhating" side. Good christians wont judge. they will not make homosexuality the biggest sin either becaause God doesnt measure sin the way we do. To Him its all the same no greater, no lesser!! when homosexualtiy is listed as a sin it is listed with many others. "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" which is why the need for Jesus. LOVE THE SINNER HATE THE SIN! is all.and that should be the same when someone is gay and looks at me....I hope, Love me....and if im in the act of sin, still love me, hate the sin :)
I second that!!!! ^^^^

R

Redeemed79

cept Facebook. thought id better add that :) had a look at gay christian network last night. its fine just a chat room but one that people that are gay and know Jesus chat on. i am sure that I would not be able to agree with all subject spoken about on their but it has a great room about people that have gay friends and family members and their views on it biblically and how they handle differing opinions. think that is valid and edifying for them and that is great also.

Dec 19, 2009
Alright so I'm new here. No, I am not a Christian. I am simply curious (hence the name haha) and am not looking to become a Christian. All i do is ask questions to get some perspectives, then taking it into consideration. I would say I'm an open minded Atheist. If you judge, then you shall be destroyed with the Swords of a Thousand Truths. :p

1. You're thoughts on this site: The Gay Christian Network

We'll go from there. I'm looking for some serious answers.
Without going to any website, I can tell you what I believe regarding homosexuality:

Jesus taught us not to have sex until after we marry. I don’t think you’ll find two men who want to marry each other who aren’t already having sex, Therefore, you don’t marry them to each other. You advise them to stop having sex. Right?

K

karuna

Jesus taught us not to have sex until after we marry. I don’t think you’ll find two men who want to marry each other who aren’t already having sex, Therefore, you don’t marry them to each other. You advise them to stop having sex. Right?
It's not either/or. We are, of course, advised to be celibate before marriage, but:

1 Corinthians 7:9 said:
But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with lust.
Marriage may in fact be the correct response when dealing with people who can't seem to stop doing it. There are reasons to argue against gay marriage, but by doing it this way you close off a traditional path for straight but unmarried couples to stop sinning. You cut off the nose to spite the face.

Dec 19, 2009
Marriage may in fact be the correct response when dealing with people who can't seem to stop doing it. There are reasons to argue against gay marriage, but by doing it this way you close off a traditional path for straight but unmarried couples to stop sinning. You cut off the nose to spite the face.
The purpose of the Lord’s commandments, I believe, is that obedience to them leads to happiness. If you give your stamp of approval disobedience, then how do those people find happiness?

K

karuna

If you give your stamp of approval disobedience, then how do those people find happiness?
I'm not sure why you're asking that. Marriage is one way of turning disobedience into obedience.

Paul recommends marriage so that the people who can't control themselves will no longer be having sex outside of marriage. At no point does he seem to confuse this with approving their previous sins - I don't think we should either.

Dec 19, 2009
I'm not sure why you're asking that. Marriage is one way of turning disobedience into obedience.

Paul recommends marriage so that the people who can't control themselves will no longer be having sex outside of marriage. At no point does he seem to confuse this with approving their previous sins - I don't think we should either.
You can not reverse the damage of premarital sex simply by getting married.

J

jimmydiggs

That website is a bit, Ironic.....