SOME quotes lEONARD RAVENHILL

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 26, 2009
Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount never blessed a material thing! The richer we get in the church, the poorer we get in the spirit.

I tremble at the awesomeness of preaching God's Word. Sometimes I hear preachers read the Bible as if it were a weather report.

The world out there is not waiting for a new definition of Christianity; it's waiting for a new demonstration of Christianity.

My goal is God Himself-- not joy, not peace, not even blessing, but God!

There is a question children will ask and that's: "Where did I come from?" Somewhere, sometime, you'd better give them the answer because if you don't, someone will give them the wrong answer.

You can't say, "Christ is all I need," until Christ is all you have.

The wonder of the grace of God is that God can take an unholy man out of a unholy world and make that man holy and put him back inte a unholy world and keep him holy!

Children can tell you what Channel 7 says, but not what Matthew 7 says

If Jesus preached the same message minister's preach today, He would have never been crucified.

The question isn't were you challenged. The question is were you changed?

A

AnandaHya

"If Jesus preached the same message minister's preach today, He would have never been crucified."

now that is a sad truth for the most part. I was listening to a pastor today and his prayer was that he made any sinner so uncomfortable with his preaching of God's word. so convicted that they would repent and seek Jesus.

The gospel is not about making people feel good, but proclaiming God's goodness.

Do people really have a fear of GOD or a fear of God's punishment? or a desire for God's reward? Do we do things because we love God and know that God loves us or because we want to avoid trouble or be rewarded for loyalty? Is our life a living sacrifice or is it an exchange because we think we are owed something?

Do people truly seek God's will or do they deceive themselves?

Feb 16, 2011
I love how Leonard Ravenhill said they would put prophets in the mental hospital. I was in the mental hospital for saying I was a prophet and found another man in the mental hospital for saying he was a prophet. We did tongues and interpretation together in the hospital and he often prophecied in spite of the staff request that he stop. God bless those who still believe in all the gifts of the Spirit.

P.S. If eveyone who believed in the gift of tongues and interpretation believed in the gift of prophecy the Church would be turned upside down!

C

Crossfire

Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount never blessed a material thing! The richer we get in the church, the poorer we get in the spirit.

I tremble at the awesomeness of preaching God's Word. Sometimes I hear preachers read the Bible as if it were a weather report.

The world out there is not waiting for a new definition of Christianity; it's waiting for a new demonstration of Christianity.

My goal is God Himself-- not joy, not peace, not even blessing, but God!

There is a question children will ask and that's: "Where did I come from?" Somewhere, sometime, you'd better give them the answer because if you don't, someone will give them the wrong answer.

You can't say, "Christ is all I need," until Christ is all you have.

The wonder of the grace of God is that God can take an unholy man out of a unholy world and make that man holy and put him back inte a unholy world and keep him holy!

Children can tell you what Channel 7 says, but not what Matthew 7 says

If Jesus preached the same message minister's preach today, He would have never been crucified.

The question isn't were you challenged. The question is were you changed?

While I'll be the first to admit that walking with the Lord in this day and age can be a struggle, I can't begin to thank God enough for men like Ravenhill and Tozer who had surrendered themselves fully to the call of the Lord at a time when the church itself was (and still is) chasing after doctrines of the flesh.

J

jimmydiggs

While I'll be the first to admit that walking with the Lord in this day and age can be a struggle, I can't begin to thank God enough for men like Ravenhill and Tozer who had surrendered themselves fully to the call of the Lord at a time when the church itself was (and still is) chasing after doctrines of the flesh.

Fo' sho'. Ravenhill and Tozer are in my list of favorites.

Jan 26, 2009
First tym i heard him preach i was drenched wid me tears man we need more preachers who prays more than he preach