Some thoughts on COVID...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
I just wanted to pass along some information I got from my brother-in-law. He's a nurse, and it's been helpful getting his thoughts on things.

He says that survival really comes down to your individual immune system. He's had the healthy athlete who was unable to fight the virus, as well as the obese diabetic who pulled through. Also, around 90% of the people that need to be intubated tend not to survive. They try everything they can to treat them, but nothing works at that point.

I've heard of therapeutics like regeneron and Ivermectin have been really effective if taken early on, once infected. A friend's doctor recommended Ivermectin. It's supposedly a nobel prize winning wonder drug for treating parasitic infections in people. They have a different version that they give to horses. Don't believe the lies that people are taking animal medication. The one for people is in pill form, different from horses.

I also heard that simply taking 2 aspirin will help a lot in reducing fever, to prevent a hospital visit.

There are some Covid deniers out there, but it's very real. My husband knew of someone at his bible group that recently died after being put on a ventilator. Very sad. He had just retired and bought land with his wife, and they had plans to build a house. I've also heard christians claiming that the vaccine is the mark of the beast. It's not. The mandates do feel a bit like a taster of things to come in the future. Israel is the prophetic time clock, not America. And the mark won't show up until the Great tribulation.

I'm still unvaccinated. Like some others, my concerns are short-term and long terms side effects. What I heard is that natural immunity is ultimately the best, rather than what will soon become a reality, with never ending booster shots.

I think I may have already had covid myself. Around the beginning of the pandemic I had a sudden bout of "flu" and my fever was so high that I almost had to be taken to the ER. At the time I thought it was food poisoning, but I suspect it may have been Covid early on.

All of us have a death date that only God knows. He decides when to take us home.

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
Many people I believe have already had covid. My father-in-law and his brother both got super sick in Dec. of 2019. Bad enough that they had chest Xrays. Negative for flu. I will say though that Ivermectin is Ivermectin. Its a brand name or something, its a name for a specific drug. Not it may not be as refined as whats made specifically for humans, and it may have extra ingredients (like flavorings to make it more appetizing to a horse), but its still the exact same chemical compound. Kinda like how penicillin from tractor supply is the same as human penicillin, just bottled for something 1000 pounds.

Rockson

Jul 24, 2021
I've heard of therapeutics like regeneron and Ivermectin have been really effective if taken early on, once infected. A friend's doctor recommended Ivermectin. It's supposedly a nobel prize winning wonder drug for treating parasitic infections in people. They have a different version that they give to horses. Don't believe the lies that people are taking animal medication. The one for people is in pill form, different from horses.
Good luck getting things like Ivermectin in some countries. If a doctor even tries to prescribe that he can get in serious, serious trouble. At times I get a little ticked with posts like yours talking about Ivermectin. It's not that I doubt it potentially can save lives and it's not that I don't think it's a good thing for you to mention it. If one can get it maybe they SHOULD . It' s just that people from other countries hearing this can tend to feel left out like OH GREAT! So that's the solution? And I'm cut off with no hope of effective medication. How wonderful! Must be nice to be an American. Yes might be a little bit of jealousy there about a few things.

But then I come back to this. God, God, GOD the creator of the heavens and the earth and the stars and galaxies behind is BIGGER and more powerful than covid Acts 4:24 and he the one who is LIFE itself and lives and abides in me. And Jesus didn't pass out drug prescriptions when he walked the earth. His Spirit and power was sufficient and I'm not sure what even modern medicine like Ivermectin would do to help someone like Lazarus who was dead a number of days or to bring back sight to the blind. Not much really we can agree. Nope not against medicines or prescriptions and not a put down to those who take them. I've taken them myself but just saying if one is left with the impression A, B, or C is the ROAD to recovery God can even be bigger than those three things. Don't feel left out if you can't get what others can. God and God alone can be sufficient and he loves you just as much as them.

Rockson

Jul 24, 2021
There are some Covid deniers out there, but it's very real.
Can't say I've really met anyone who are covid deniers, all I know acknowledge it exists and potentially is life threatening. What I notice though there are many who have a very, very glib attitude about it.

I'm still unvaccinated. Like some others, my concerns are short-term and long terms side effects.
The word "concern" is an interesting one. Some say they have an intelligent concerns. Sometimes when some say that they're meaning they're worried or have anxiety. If it's really worry we're talking about we're exhorted to cast all of our cares or worries on the Lord for he cares for us. 1 Pt 5:7 Some say they can't do that but God says we can and he wouldn't ask us to do something we couldn't do. That would be unfair and unjust. I practice it this way in praise and thanksgiving to God I quote the 1 Pt 5:7 scripture and right down the time I did that. From that point on I envision my worry or deep concern as a sack that I imagine Jesus picking it up and carrying it. Anytime the concern, fear or worry tries to work upon me and it does seek to come back, I envision that sack. I'm not carrying it he is therefore I can rejoice and be in joy. Scripture says the joy of the Lord is our strength. Nehemiah 8:10

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Good luck getting things like Ivermectin in some countries. If a doctor even tries to prescribe that he can get in serious, serious trouble. At times I get a little ticked with posts like yours talking about Ivermectin. It's not that I doubt it potentially can save lives and it's not that I don't think it's a good thing for you to mention it. If one can get it maybe they SHOULD . It' s just that people from other countries hearing this can tend to feel left out like OH GREAT! So that's the solution? And I'm cut off with no hope of effective medication. How wonderful! Must be nice to be an American. Yes might be a little bit of jealousy there about a few things.
Get HCQ. You can buy it at camping stores, it is used to sterilize water. If you can't get that then you can make it by boiling lemon peels and grapefruit peels for about 3 hours.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Take your bank account and shut off your pension unless you get the shot

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Take your bank account and shut off your pension unless you get the shot

Psalm 121:1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.