Someone said, they regret having children because of the emotional pain they are experiencing. God also said he regrets making humans. Do anyone agree

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 13, 2022
I can think of God and Job.. God said in the old testament he regrets making man.. Job said curse be the night he was formed in his mother's womb. Is it wrong to have those thoughts that the pain is so unbearable you thought it was best not to have the child. Whether by birth or adoption. Especially for believers who do not want their children soul to be lost, and you don't want you children to go though the same trials like you. The battle is tough..

Do anyone honestly regrets?

S

SanderB

In the same vein, God is glad that he created humans, and loves us dearly. :) Plus, since God can forsee the future, he can definitely understand that humans can and will make mistakes. I don't have any offspring or adopted kids (in my 20s), but understand what it is like to have a kid. They are a pain, but overall, a blessing that could help love and care for us.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think we wouldnt be human if we didnt have these thoughts but they only temporary...Job was eventually redeemed and I think all will be if you keep praying, just need that perservering prayer to breakthrough

Mothers know in sorrow and pain they will have children not just in childbirth but just the same it says women will be saved in childbearing,

I think you might need to clarify or confess to God what it is thats so painful. That you regreted having the child before he or she was born or now...? Children arent perfect and will make mistakes. Its inevitable! Release them to God. They werent really yours to begin with

Likewise, Job had everything perfectly lined up but found that his self-righteousness caused him more pain than was necessary and it took him away from God for a while. But the ones God took or rather satan cut short their life were given back with more.

the other thing is like it or not we live in a fallen world with many temptations. When Jesus came to this earth it defintiely was not paradise for him!!

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
I don't know anyone who has verbally said they have regretted having their biological children. Even if they felt it, I dont think the parent would say it out loud. However it is common for some parents to disown their kids for whatever reason, so I wouldnt be suprised if these parents wanted another child instead, etc. There are a lot of deadbeat dads who pretend they don't have kids. Mothers are kind of bound to their child. I hate to say it, but some mothers chase love more than they care for the child and this could cause issues.

My coworker did return an adopted child to the country the child came from, and adopted another child from the same country. The first child had bad behavior issues likely caused by drugs/alcohol from birth mom.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
My flatmate said that to me once when her kids were driving her nuts
I was shocked but at least she didnt say that in front of her own kids! (or they couldnt hear her)

Some parents actually do, half jokingly. But dont say that to your child that you never wanted them in the first place, thats is not for them to hear.

if you ever implied to your own child this, its on you to make amends as its hurting the child so much more than the parent when this is said to them.

I think when my mother said she didnt want me, to my face or behind my back to my aunties even though I was in the same room...boy THAT hurt. So much more than a child leaving home without telling their parents is the child who comes home and their parent even there, or worse, sold their stuff and house withiut telling them!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
That actually happend to one of my church friends, her son left to go overseas for. ajob or travel or whatver and when he got back he found his parents had actually sold the family home to downsize without telling him.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
latchkey kids...parents are never home, they come home to a house where they just have to fend for themselves. True for many 'families' in suburbia.

Does that hurt the children,,,well YES and whats worse, they may not even know where their parents are.

Nov 6, 2022
I fear for my children due to the future and the way this world is heading but never thought that. Neither of my children was planned and both are a Blessing I wish to never let go of.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
If you give your children a sound foundation, trust God to finish what you started. They'll succeed.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
God said in the old testament he regrets making man..
I think He was referring to the 99.999% that were rebellious against their maker.

Job said curse be the night he was formed in his mother's womb.
Job later changed his mind.

It will be worth it all. I promise you. Just hold on tight and don't let go. Remember He loves you and knows what will work out best in the long run.

Is it wrong to have those thoughts that the pain is so unbearable you thought it was best not to have the child. Whether by birth or adoption. Especially for believers who do not want their children soul to be lost, and you don't want you children to go though the same trials like you. The battle is tough..

Do anyone honestly have regrets?
I am in no place to know or judge. I never sought to marry and beget children because this world is so dark and evil. I could not bear the thought of exposing a little soul to the nightmarish world that I experienced as a child.

I will pray for you and yours.