Someone testified, "i just want to be a normal christian, not like Paul"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 25, 2012
Yes, Paul was an Apostle, but a "normal christian"?

i question such because at one time in The Life given me i had decided i didn't want to be a "disciple" and follow The Messiah on The Narrow Way, i just wanted to be what i then would have declared to be, a "normal christian" ;-(

During that time i was being "churched", a cloning process in a way ;-(

Such cloning was of the "do your best and leave the rest to god", "cleanliness is next to godliness", "don't worry be happy", "love your country", "x-mass, easter, 4th of july", "song, song, prayer, message, collection, song, prayer", "'church' on sunday, bible study mid-week", "grace, grace, grace", "it's all good",,,,, all of which are "normal christian" philosophical braindirtying processes ;-(

And i experienced such within the lutheran, catholic, baptist, aog, coc,,,etc,,, and a so-called conservative mennonite group, as well ;-(

Thankfully "Our Father", HE delivered me from all such, and HE yet delivers me from my own self(fleshly, pride, ego, id, "I")ish desires and "imag"inings !

Father Help! and HE does.......

And so it is that i question being a "normal christian"?

For who are the brethren of The Messiah?

Would not a brother of The Messiah be seeking and desiring to follow Him on The Narrow Way, "walking as He walked", willingly forsaking all that they have, YES! their own life as well?

Certainly not an easy way, not the ease-of-life way, but Oh, the joy that floods my soul when i realize that Our Father, HE truly cares for and provides for the needs of each and every one of HIS children, those whose heart desire is to do "HIS Will and GOOD Pleasure" as revealed in The Life and Teachings of The Messiah!

And it is well to remember that both The Life and Teachings of The Messiah were given Him by Our Father.......

Simply, the brethren of The Messiah are His disciples.

Anyone who is not a disciple of The Messiah is not of The Messiah's brethren. Not cookie-cutter clones by any means, yet their heart's desire is that which The Messiah desired above all else:

"Father, not my will, But THY Will Be Done"!

And the "normal christian"?

Seems "the father of lies" uses them in his war against The TRUTH ;-(

So it is that the money loving, love your own life in and of this world, ease-of-life, i'm ok, you're ok, consumptive, destructive, perverse, lying systems of religion all war against The TRUTH ;-(

And systems of religion, all of which are of this world, are leading the way as babylon is re"imag"ined!

One wicked world, one language(english), and "nothing will be restrained that they have "imag"ined to do" (Gen 11:6) ;-(

So it is that those of this wicked world and it's systems of religion are destroying Creation(air, water, land, vegetation, creatures) and perverting that which is Spirit(Truth, Light, Life, Love, Peace, Grace, Faith,,,, All that is Truly GOOD)! 

"Come Out of her, MY people!"

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Re: Someone testified, "i just want to be a normal christian, not like Paul"?

Like a thief in the night

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Therefore let us not sleep, as [do] others; but let us watch and be sober.

For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Feb 25, 2012
Re: Someone testified, "i just want to be a normal christian, not like Paul"?

Like a thief in the night

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Therefore let us not sleep, as [do] others; but let us watch and be sober.

For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
It is so! let it be so.......