something beautiful

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
It was awhile ago I heard this, but I thought this witness may help us all right now.
It came from a christain program, I dont ussually listen to them, but this story caught my ear for its simple message of faith.

A pastor who was working the missions in africa told this story.
He had reached the end of the time he could spend witnessing to the people in this african village.
It was this part of the story that touched my heart and spoke to faith in adversity.
The people of this village could not keep a bible, as it was a crime, bringing attacks and certian death.
So these christians, each taking a page of the Bible , memorised that one page compleatly, then destroying the page so they would not be killed for having it.
When these people gather to worship, praise God and witness in Jesus, they simply call out a page number, and the one that memorised that page would stand and recite it.
Thus always having the word given and within their body in Jesus.

I often consider the level of faith, hope and love that lives in their hearts.
Seeing them as trully blessed, as they must rely on each other compleatly , for the word of God.
How wonderous and great is the gift recived in adversity.
How great is your care and love Lord Jesus !

God bless.
pickles

D

Deadflesh

That is beautiful Pickles, Thank You. May Jesus Bless you

Jan 26, 2009
Ya its really beautiful,i know some ppl who r really jealous for the Lord,theyve hand written the whole new testiment by borrowing a bible just cuz they couldnt afford one,n just eat his word for hours like crazy,while some of us have ten bibles n read none..