Something i just don't understand no matter how hard i try to

• Thread starter GodsavemeifyoureallyExist
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GodsavemeifyoureallyExist

If god knew all along that Lucifer would rebel against him why did he still create the devil?
i just found this by looking up scriptures about Lucifer online

"If God is supposed to know everything, how could He have been so wrong about Lucifer?" Matthew 26:21-25 [21] And while they were eating, he said, "I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me." [22] They were very sad and began to say to him one after the other, "Surely not I, Lord?" [23] Jesus replied, "The one who has dipped his hand into the bowl with me will betray me. [24] The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born." [25] Then Judas, the one who would betray him, said, "Surely not I, Rabbi?" Jesus answered, "Yes, it is you." God wasn't wrong about Lucifer. God knew up front exactly what Lucifer would eventually do, just as He knew what Judas Iscariot would do. The devil and demons are angels who rebelled against God.

WOW GOD KNEW ALL ALONG THE DEVIL WOULD REBEL BUT CREATED HIM ANYWAYS WOW THAT'S SOME STRONG LOVE THANK YOU GOD FOR LOVING US SO MUCH

S

Stina1990

I'm probably not going to be able to describe this very well but here it goes. I've had the same question before and this is what i was told. YHWH knew Satan was going to betray him and he knew he had to allow this to happen so that after YHWH proved Satan was wrong no one could ever question him being the rightful Ruler of all heavens and earth.

G

GodsavemeifyoureallyExist

well i still dont understand that but thanks for replying anyway

Aug 20, 2011
To me understanding this simply say that wants us to have free will to chose between right and wrong i believe God wish them to repent from thier heart not been for same apply to us been christains today was a decision we madw we were not force to be. May these words not stand against us in the day of judgement AMEN Shallom

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
The Lord created him for a purpose, but he rebelled against God, therefore he was kicked out of heaven,
Iniquity was found in him, he wanted to be above God, that is also why hell was created, for the fallen angels
Pride was his downfall, it was not Gods will for him to do such things, notice there are other angels in
heaven that have remained faithful to God
Be blessed

K

Kyouken

How just would God be if He ended Lucifer's life when he didn't do anything wrong?
How just would it be for the judicial system to put you in jail for something that you would do later but haven't done yet?

There are many aspects to this, but that's the main one I can think of.

Doesn't exactly answer your question, but something to think about.

B

Brandon777

Stina, I'd say that's the lamest answer I've ever heard (no offence to you). First of all I think the undertone assumption here is that it's ultimately a bad thing that Satan corrupted the universe when the Holy Bible says "Yahweh has made everything for its own purpose-- yes, even the wicked for the day of evil." (Proverbs 16:4). Everything comes out to a good end. And we have to remember it's not just Satan that fell, other angels and humans fell too on there own guilt. When God created beings, do you think it was good that He gave them the option to do less than what they were supposed to do? Would you like the option of doing what you're not supposed to do? If the answer is no, then you're probably a good Christian because that's how it will be in heaven after we've been baptized by fire and given incorruptible bodies. You might think, well what about the people that end up in hell? Why would they be created if they're just going to suffer in the long run? I believe hell was made so that beings who don't want to follow God's way will be forced to. One doesn't sin in hell as they're given no opportunity to. So is evil suffering or is it a lack of God's love? I'd say the latter. Suffering is a result of evil. We don't directly know why God gave spiritual beings choice between loving God or not, but it seems like a freedom that gives a strong depth to the makeup of who we are as spiritual beings.

L

Lovesong

I think it all boils down to the 'love' and 'choice' issue.

God knows what people are going to do yet he gives them a chance to repent even unto their final days that is the mercy of God.

I kind of believe Jesus was trying to warn Judas all that time but Judas was blinded by his greed for money that he didn't hear Jesus. That allowed Satan to enter Judas. Even though it may have been prophesied that Jesus was to be betrayed. I still believe that Jesus still believed in Judas...he loved him... Judas had a choice he choose to put money first and that was his choice. I believe that Judas could have been saved if only he had made the choice to listen and to put Jesus first.

If you can imagine this or fathom it - God is love, God, is light, and God is everything that is good and everything described about him in the bible.

Satan was one of God's highest angels God probably loved him too at one time, but the greed and lust for power got to him, and he is so blinded by the fact that he thinks he can over throw God that he (his choice) will never change his mind about it.

God can see in everyone's heart he knows whats in our hearts. Its because he see's what's in our hearts, if we truly love him or not, if we truly wish to be saved and remain true to him that is what will save us.

Everyone has a choice to change everyday. If you can breath you have that choice, if in your heart you want God you seek him but feel helpless to do so. God will indeed reach his arm out to you to save you so that you will be with him.

I don't believe in fate, I believe in choice and that God will make a way where there seems to be no way.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2009
If god knew all along that Lucifer would rebel against him why did he still create the devil?
i just found this by looking up scriptures about Lucifer online

"If God is supposed to know everything, how could He have been so wrong about Lucifer?" Matthew 26:21-25 [21] And while they were eating, he said, "I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me." [22] They were very sad and began to say to him one after the other, "Surely not I, Lord?" [23] Jesus replied, "The one who has dipped his hand into the bowl with me will betray me. [24] The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born." [25] Then Judas, the one who would betray him, said, "Surely not I, Rabbi?" Jesus answered, "Yes, it is you." God wasn't wrong about Lucifer. God knew up front exactly what Lucifer would eventually do, just as He knew what Judas Iscariot would do. The devil and demons are angels who rebelled against God.

WOW GOD KNEW ALL ALONG THE DEVIL WOULD REBEL BUT CREATED HIM ANYWAYS WOW THAT'S SOME STRONG LOVE THANK YOU GOD FOR LOVING US SO MUCH

I don’t know that I understand why Satan exists, but we need to be tested, and it would seem to me Satan tests us by tempting us.

D

dmdave17

Dear friend,

You are not going to like this answer, but I don't think we were meant to understand this dilemma. God did it "because He can". “'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.'" (Isaiah 55:8-9) I think that this was God's way of saying "I don't have to explain Myself to you",... “I AM WHO I AM." (Exodus 3:14)

It would be nice to understand everything God did, and does, but we pitiful human beings never will. Suffice to know that He is always in control and He loves each one of us dearly. But, like any parent, our Heavenly Father would never think of letting us have our own way in everything.

God bless you.

W

will38730

Remember,,the devils and demons are the servants of God,,,,Remember Job,,,,,nothing comes our way except God permits it,,good or bad,,,Yes God u remember created the angels,,,and all, before there was anything there was God,,so that really opens another can of worms,,,,LOL,,,

S

shekaniah

Dear friend,

You are not going to like this answer, but I don't think we were meant to understand this dilemma. God did it "because He can". “'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.'" (Isaiah 55:8-9) I think that this was God's way of saying "I don't have to explain Myself to you",... “I AM WHO I AM." (Exodus 3:14)

It would be nice to understand everything God did, and does, but we pitiful human beings never will. Suffice to know that He is always in control and He loves each one of us dearly. But, like any parent, our Heavenly Father would never think of letting us have our own way in everything.

God bless you.
Good answer!