Something I wished I hadn't saw...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

childofaking

Jan 14, 2018
I was searching around the Internet, watching random videos until I stumbled across a link. It was to a website that showed explicit things for me to see. I saw someone get killed and for me, it was shocking. I can't get it out of my head and I am in dire need of prayers. I just turned 15 today and this is my first day here.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Sad to say, that'll teach you to watch "random videos". You don't know what you're gonna see. And you should NEVER click on links....

On a happier note, welcome to CC and happy birthday. :)

A

Amazing-Grace

Welcome to CC childofaking. Yeah I know what you mean I've seen similar stuff which has upset me too. For me, the worst seems to be stuff "friends" post on facebook that my phone automatically runs as I scroll, so before I realise what the content could be I have already seen it! The best advice I can give is when your mind wanders to remember it, change your thought to something pleasant....but yeah never knowingly click on something if you aren't sure what it is. One thing is for sure, you can't "unsee" something..unfortunately.

S

Stranger36147

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Don't ever look at rotten.com or live leak. Just a tip.

M

Miri

Welcome to CC childofaking. Yeah I know what you mean I've seen similar stuff which has upset me too. For me, the worst seems to be stuff "friends" post on facebook that my phone automatically runs as I scroll, so before I realise what the content could be I have already seen it! The best advice I can give is when your mind wanders to remember it, change your thought to something pleasant....but yeah never knowingly click on something if you aren't sure what it is. One thing is for sure, you can't "unsee" something..unfortunately.

Hi just thought I would mention, if you mean the face book app.

Click on those 3 little lines at the bottom right.
scroll right down and click on settings.
click on account settings
as you look down the list one is them is “video and photos”
just change the auto play option to never auto play, then you can decide what you
what to watch and it also saves your data.

You can also amend privacy and other settings.

M

Miri

I was searching around the Internet, watching random videos until I stumbled across a link. It was to a website that showed explicit things for me to see. I saw someone get killed and for me, it was shocking. I can't get it out of my head and I am in dire need of prayers. I just turned 15 today and this is my first day here.
Good evenings it’s 20.54 over here.

Lord I pray you will erase the awfulness if what was seen from the OPs minds and
instead help her to dwell on things that are good and pure. Give her wisdom to
know the difference.

Saturn

Apr 30, 2014
To childofaking: My oldest daughter is only a couple years younger than you are and i don't let her have free reign of the internet or youtube for that exact reason.

I'm so sorry you watched something that upset you so bad! I bet it was really awful. Please please be very careful next time what you watch, these things are very hard to get out of our minds.

I suggest watching something that makes you laugh, or call a friend and talk about something fun. I'm praying God's peace over your mind and thoughts. The best thing to do is pray then get your mind off of it the best you can, when those thoughts come, do not dwell on them, pick up a book and read, text someone, watching something you really like.

*hugs* You're ok and this will pass :) Again, please be careful what you look at and watch!

Last edited:
A

Amazing-Grace

Hi just thought I would mention, if you mean the face book app.

Click on those 3 little lines at the bottom right.
scroll right down and click on settings.
click on account settings
as you look down the list one is them is “video and photos”
just change the auto play option to never auto play, then you can decide what you
what to watch and it also saves your data.

You can also amend privacy and other settings.
Hi Miri, thanks for your help, yeah I changed my settings....and then got a new phone and it started all over again so I must do that, just haven't gotten around to it yet lol.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Father God, remove the shocking video from mind and bless childofaking with your love, grace joy. bless the new year with good health success and more spiritual growth . Let childofaking's youth speak of your glory . Lord bless childofaking. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

Happy Birthday !