Something weird happened today...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

needsadvice

So I was sitting in class and all of the sudden I feel weak, my heart starts beating really fast, hands get cold and sweaty and I feel fatigued and scared I was going to pass out or something. It just came out of nowhere, I wasn't nervous or anything prior to it. It lasted about 5-10 min, and it scared me. :eek: Now I feel fine but I don't know what happened to me. Could it be a panic attack, or something else?

L

Liz01

When i was in highschool it happened to me sometimes, it was because i had low blood pressure and it was scary because i felt as if i was going to faint, my mom told that to eat few salt was good in those situations but i think you should go to the doctor, maybe its only low blood pressure like me but a general check up would be good.

N

needsadvice

Hey thanks, my friend was telling me the same thing about the low blood pressure. So does that mean I have to lower my salt intake or eat more salt? Yeah I should get a check up soon. It's happened only once to me before but I forgot how long ago already.

L

Liz01

What i was told was that if i eat few salt when i feel bad, then i would feel better, but i dont know if that works because i feel again better after 5 or 10 minutes so i dont know if was because i ate salt in that moment or not :)

N

needsadvice

Thanks for your help Liz! :)

Dec 19, 2009
So I was sitting in class and all of the sudden I feel weak, my heart starts beating really fast, hands get cold and sweaty and I feel fatigued and scared I was going to pass out or something. It just came out of nowhere, I wasn't nervous or anything prior to it. It lasted about 5-10 min, and it scared me. :eek: Now I feel fine but I don't know what happened to me. Could it be a panic attack, or something else?
Low blood sugar (not enough to eat)?

N

needsadvice

Yeah all I had that day was a coffee and a small sandwich.

N

needsadvice

I was running late that day, not to mention I had only 5 hours of sleep the night before. So it could of been because of that too.

U

Ugly

I've had lots of anxiety issues. I've also had low pressure issues. I suggest you bypass the untrained people on this forum and go have a doctor check it out just to be safe. A lack of sleep may cause similar feelings, but not likely if its just missing a few hours one day. It would likely have to be having almost no sleep one day, or missing lots of sleep over a couple days. If it were anxiety it's likely you'll experience it again soon as they rarely happen once and stop. It it were low blood pressure it could be months before you experience it again. And if you're having low blood pressure issues you should see a doctor as that can be dangerous.