sorrows

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

letti

I'm feeling alone in my walk with Christ,my household is following a UNGODLY example of my husband.All the prayer and kindness I bestow is to no avail.Sometimes I just want to hide away in my room and fall asleep so it all just goes away for a short time.My children show no respect for me what so ever.Can I truly blame them,or was it not because they were taught with a poor teacher for the example.I live for Christ,pray and hope this situation will improve , but I am not sure when that will happen.Today it was good,for a while then came the issues.My husband decides to indulge and in his intoxicated state comes the self pity,resentment,anger,just total onslaught of profanity.LORD GIVE ME PEACE.I am asking for prayers.Thank you to anybody who prays for me.

H

hope36523

I pray for letti lord help with her mariage i pray that you help her kids to understand and follow jesus,in jesus name.

H

hope36523

I understand what your going through my husband is an alcohalic and has a gambleing addiction and he is bi-polar,living with people fighting addiction is hard but with the power of god your husband can be addiction free and your kids will eventualy see that the only way that works is with christ they will come around my prayers are with you

C

CHRISTENE

I'm feeling alone in my walk with Christ,my household is following a UNGODLY example of my husband.All the prayer and kindness I bestow is to no avail.Sometimes I just want to hide away in my room and fall asleep so it all just goes away for a short time.My children show no respect for me what so ever.Can I truly blame them,or was it not because they were taught with a poor teacher for the example.I live for Christ,pray and hope this situation will improve , but I am not sure when that will happen.Today it was good,for a while then came the issues.My husband decides to indulge and in his intoxicated state comes the self pity,resentment,anger,just total onslaught of profanity.LORD GIVE ME PEACE.I am asking for prayers.Thank you to anybody who prays for me.
Prayed.
It would be very difficult for you, I had a friend who accepted Christ but her husband and family are unbelievers.
May God give you His divine strength and grace to overcome this challenge in your life.
Hope in Him. Might be God called you to be His light for your family.
Keep on praying for your family, but keep growing in the knowledge of the Word of God.
Its important for you to grow stronger in the Lord, to transform from spiritual infant to spiritual adult.
If you are strong in faith, your faith will become an example for your entire family.
Don't give up.You will be richly rewarded by the Lord for the faith you have choosen.
Be blessed in the Lord.

A

adonai_praiser

Praying for you Letti! That is a very difficult situation to say the least I'm sure. God is with you during this time. May He fill you with His peace and joy and see you through this time of testing. Be strong my sister in Christ and know that God loves you!

S

Share55

Hi letti:

Don't give up and don't give in as that would be Satan's want for you. Pray that God be with you to bring your family about to seeing things His way and put down some ground rules.
I don't know why people feel that just because they walk with God they have to put up with the garbage of non-believers including family.
God says to put our house 'in order' and that doesn't mean because you are dying although we die to this world or will all face death but because He made us stewards over all that He has bestowed upon us and if your husband can't/won't step up to the plate well it is time you do.
Tell your husband if life is so bad that all he can do is cry when he is intoxicated then he should do something positive about it when he is sober and if he won't then he should do his crying with his buddies and not bring all his negativity home with him as YOU have a family to raise. Tell your children they best smarten up and towing the line because you will no longer put up with all their negative baggage.
You are a child of the most high God and God did not bring you forth to live under bondage of your spouse and especially not your children but to enjoy His freedom. Ask your children what kind of future they would like to have but be a living example of peace, love, and fruitfulness. Living in a defeated, wounded, subdued walk makes your husbands walk look like the better choice to them.
God says Ye who are heavy burdened come unto me and I shall give you rest; you have not because you ask not; ask and it shall be given; I have come to give you life and to give you life more abundantly.
Get these blessings into your soul and start walking them. Be the glorious light of God to everyone you meet including your family including your spouse.

Be good to them but don't take the garbage lying down. Be a fighter for what is right and good.

My prayers be with you and your family <3