sorry if prayers return void, it's not my fault

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

asamanthinketh

God gave us all knowledge to help one another and knowledge is not always freely given, nothing is free on this earth but the air we breath and the oceans and the trees, anything in nature

if i am laying down my time and my brain, and my energy to help someone else i expect something in return even if it is kindness

but my family thinks that because i am on there that i'm just doing this for no reason and they are entitled to reap the benefits of my hard work.

they can go to hell for all i care. this is my knowledge and my prayers and my hard work that has gotten me to this place

and they keep stealing and stealing and stealing, and stealing and stealing and stealing because they are so attached to their wordly possessions they just let them sit here and when someone else gets on here to use it for good they try to stop it all costs.

they have hoarded wealth in the last days the cries of the harvesters of yelling out against them

they can't even see that God is giving me the chance to pray and do something beneficial for others.

i leave them alone to live their life, let them leave me alone to live mine.

G

glenwood74

You should care if they are going to hell.

B

butterflymom3

You sound very angry in your post. From what I can gather you have to share your computer with family members who don't like to share.? It sounds like you are going through a lot and need to put more faith into God, and less time into worrying about those around you. If you are showing even a hint of the anger we hear in your post, to your family that may very well be part of your problem. Are you talking about children? husband? parents? Please don't lose faith!

If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 1 Peter 4:14

Apr 13, 2007
I'm sorry to say, but everything she said goes completely against he Bible. Matthew 10:8 says Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils:freely ye have received, freely give. Isaiah 55:11 says So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

All throughout the Bible, it tells us to go and share the gospel of Christ Jesus, to witness, testify, work, serve, seek God, and so on. It never once says ''say they can go to hell for all I care''. Jesus didn't come so that some could ''go to hell'' He came seeking to save that which was lost. John 3:16 says for God so loved the world(world here means all whom ever live) that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Matthew 5:32-38 says For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye?for sinners also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do good to you,what thank have ye?for sinners also do even the same. And if ye lend to them of whom ye hoe to receive, what thank have ye?for sinners also lend to sinners,to receive as much again. But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again;(this means expect nothing in return) and y our reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest:for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge no, and ye shall not be judged:condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned:forgive and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom.For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

In other words, do things without expecting anything in return from those whom you give to(humans that is) because you know without a doubt, you have total assurance, that God WILL bless you and reward you.

1 Corinthians 13:4-13 says Charity suffereth long, and is kind:charity envieth not:charity vaunteth not itself,is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easly provoked,thinketh no evil: rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth i the truth;Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.(in every verse charity means love in this context).

I'm sorry for how the family has done, Lord knows members of my family has done the same things, as have members of every persons family. However, we must love them in Christ. That does NOT mean we must surround our self with them, we can avoid being around them if that's the best thing. However, there's so much bitterness, so much un-forgiveness, so many things that have caused a hardened heart that needs to be softened, and opened up to God again. There's pride, way too much pride, I see it in the whole ''I" did/do this, that, and the other thing. We do nothing by our self or under our own power or anything. But rather by the power of Christ in us.

Lastly, remember Jesus said if any of us lack wisdom, to ask for it, or knowledge, understanding, anything. That whatsoever we ask of the Father, in the name of the Son, Jesus Christ, it SHALL be given to us. Not maybe, not might, not no, but it SHALL be. So long as it's in accordance of His will for us.

S

sunshine_debbie

I'm sorry to say, but everything she said goes completely against he Bible. Matthew 10:8 says Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils:freely ye have received, freely give. Isaiah 55:11 says So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

All throughout the Bible, it tells us to go and share the gospel of Christ Jesus, to witness, testify, work, serve, seek God, and so on. It never once says ''say they can go to hell for all I care''. Jesus didn't come so that some could ''go to hell'' He came seeking to save that which was lost. John 3:16 says for God so loved the world(world here means all whom ever live) that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Matthew 5:32-38 says For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye?for sinners also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do good to you,what thank have ye?for sinners also do even the same. And if ye lend to them of whom ye hoe to receive, what thank have ye?for sinners also lend to sinners,to receive as much again. But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again;(this means expect nothing in return) and y our reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest:for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge no, and ye shall not be judged:condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned:forgive and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom.For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

In other words, do things without expecting anything in return from those whom you give to(humans that is) because you know without a doubt, you have total assurance, that God WILL bless you and reward you.

1 Corinthians 13:4-13 says Charity suffereth long, and is kind:charity envieth not:charity vaunteth not itself,is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easly provoked,thinketh no evil: rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth i the truth;Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.(in every verse charity means love in this context).

I'm sorry for how the family has done, Lord knows members of my family has done the same things, as have members of every persons family. However, we must love them in Christ. That does NOT mean we must surround our self with them, we can avoid being around them if that's the best thing. However, there's so much bitterness, so much un-forgiveness, so many things that have caused a hardened heart that needs to be softened, and opened up to God again. There's pride, way too much pride, I see it in the whole ''I" did/do this, that, and the other thing. We do nothing by our self or under our own power or anything. But rather by the power of Christ in us.

Lastly, remember Jesus said if any of us lack wisdom, to ask for it, or knowledge, understanding, anything. That whatsoever we ask of the Father, in the name of the Son, Jesus Christ, it SHALL be given to us. Not maybe, not might, not no, but it SHALL be. So long as it's in accordance of His will for us.
I am not sure if she is taking her meds correctly. I am praying that she is.

Debbie

Apr 13, 2007
Well I hope and pray so as well, but just backing myself up with scripture. :)

Feb 27, 2007
I have lifted you up in prayer. Love & honor your family as the Lord loves you. see my post to you in another thread. God bless you.