1
1Overcomer
Guest
I've had two different prophetic ministers who absolutely don't know each other at all, tell me that I was going to climb the highest mountain in my family, and that I was going to soar above the others in my family. Thing is, both of them had said the word "soar", and they said it about 2 years apart.
I hadn't thought about the word soar until God brought it back up just recently. I had just sort of assumed what the word meant. But I got curious... what exactly does soar mean? Because I felt like God was telling me that there was a reason they both used that specific word. So, I looked it up in the online Merriam Webster dictionary.
(I absolutely love this dictionary), and the definition of soar that really stood out to me was, "to rise to a majestic stature". Majestic means to have or exhibit majesty, and the definition of majesty that stood out to me was, "sovereign power, authority, or dignity". Authority is what stood out to me more than power and dignity. And what stature means is, "natural height (as of a person) in an upright position.
So, authority in the upright position... can only be God's authority, right? Well, I've been watching Dennis Clark every week on Ustream,(if you want to see him, look up forgive123 at ustream.tv), and he was talking about authority and how you can't have authority unless you're under authority. And you operate in authority when you are positioned in authority, you don't take authority. You can't have authority unless someone in authority gives it to you. How do you receive authority from one who is in authority? Usually, you get to know them, and they get to know you and your character, and how well you do your job.
How is that possible if you don't accept relationships, or you're too afraid to get intimate, or develop a close friendship with them? (like I had a lot of... I still have more of it). Or, how is it possible to develop a close friendship if they're "trying" to get close to them? If you're trying to become friends, you're not going to have that heart to heart relationship in even God appointed relationships. You may have some sort of friendship, but it's not much if you have to try in order to keep it.
But why would you not want to get close with someone? For most people, it's rejection, or fear of rejection. Or, if they're "trying" to get close to someone, and it's not a real heart to heart relationship, they're operating for acceptance, not out of acceptance. And when you're doing something in order to... (fill in the blank), if it's not God's will, you've got an agenda. What happens when people have agendas?
Hope deferred, control issues, selfish and impure motives, and if you're performing for acceptance, more than likely you don't feel accepted, and you really want the acceptance. That's where the issue of feeling rejected comes in. No one wants to feel rejected, but the thing is, when you do feel rejected, you're not going to be operating out of authority in those areas.
This is what reminds me of part of one of Dennis Jernigan's songs that I've listened to a few times. It was his song, "Simple Grace". "It is by grace that I am saved, and by grace I will remain, I've found true joy when I've stopped striving to be good, my life was changed, My needs for love and for acceptance, once and for all, have been replaced, by the power of your outrageous love, and simple saving grace"
When we stop trying to get, and allow God to take and replace, (you could even take it a step further by getting rid of your agendas first, and not go to God because you want a replacement, but because you want your relationship with God to be fixed, or you just want to do it because he wants you to), then we operate in a place of upright authority, and then this verse is taking place.
Isaiah 40:31 (KJV) 31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
I hadn't thought about the word soar until God brought it back up just recently. I had just sort of assumed what the word meant. But I got curious... what exactly does soar mean? Because I felt like God was telling me that there was a reason they both used that specific word. So, I looked it up in the online Merriam Webster dictionary.
(I absolutely love this dictionary), and the definition of soar that really stood out to me was, "to rise to a majestic stature". Majestic means to have or exhibit majesty, and the definition of majesty that stood out to me was, "sovereign power, authority, or dignity". Authority is what stood out to me more than power and dignity. And what stature means is, "natural height (as of a person) in an upright position.
So, authority in the upright position... can only be God's authority, right? Well, I've been watching Dennis Clark every week on Ustream,(if you want to see him, look up forgive123 at ustream.tv), and he was talking about authority and how you can't have authority unless you're under authority. And you operate in authority when you are positioned in authority, you don't take authority. You can't have authority unless someone in authority gives it to you. How do you receive authority from one who is in authority? Usually, you get to know them, and they get to know you and your character, and how well you do your job.
How is that possible if you don't accept relationships, or you're too afraid to get intimate, or develop a close friendship with them? (like I had a lot of... I still have more of it). Or, how is it possible to develop a close friendship if they're "trying" to get close to them? If you're trying to become friends, you're not going to have that heart to heart relationship in even God appointed relationships. You may have some sort of friendship, but it's not much if you have to try in order to keep it.
But why would you not want to get close with someone? For most people, it's rejection, or fear of rejection. Or, if they're "trying" to get close to someone, and it's not a real heart to heart relationship, they're operating for acceptance, not out of acceptance. And when you're doing something in order to... (fill in the blank), if it's not God's will, you've got an agenda. What happens when people have agendas?
Hope deferred, control issues, selfish and impure motives, and if you're performing for acceptance, more than likely you don't feel accepted, and you really want the acceptance. That's where the issue of feeling rejected comes in. No one wants to feel rejected, but the thing is, when you do feel rejected, you're not going to be operating out of authority in those areas.
This is what reminds me of part of one of Dennis Jernigan's songs that I've listened to a few times. It was his song, "Simple Grace". "It is by grace that I am saved, and by grace I will remain, I've found true joy when I've stopped striving to be good, my life was changed, My needs for love and for acceptance, once and for all, have been replaced, by the power of your outrageous love, and simple saving grace"
When we stop trying to get, and allow God to take and replace, (you could even take it a step further by getting rid of your agendas first, and not go to God because you want a replacement, but because you want your relationship with God to be fixed, or you just want to do it because he wants you to), then we operate in a place of upright authority, and then this verse is taking place.
Isaiah 40:31 (KJV) 31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.