~ Spiritual Warfare / Soldiers ~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 1, 2011
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; ( 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 )

When we became a christian, we enlisted in the "Army of the Lord ". there is no neutral ground.
All christians will enter into this spiritual battle. when we were " born again " Jesus did not take
us to heaven, but left us here to wage war on the kingdom of darkness, and equipped us with the
" armor " we need to fight this battle.

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. ( Matthew 11:12 )

But good news for us ! the outcome of this war is that WE WIN. so take heart and dont give up!Jesus, our salvation has never lost a battle, and he never will.

For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. ( Hebrews 2:10 )

Know Your Enemy -

Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. ( 2 Timothy 2:3-4 )

The christians have three enemies.

what are they ? -
1)
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: ( 1 Peter 5:8 )
2)
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. ( James 4:4 )
3)
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. ( Galatians 5:17 )

how can they be overcome ?
1)
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. ( James 4:6-7)

Neither give place to the devil. ( Ephesians 4:27 )

2)
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. ( 1 John 2:15 )

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. ( Romans 12:2 )

3)
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. ( Galatians 5:16 )

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. ( Galatians 5:24 )

The battlefield is your mind. it is the door whereby the enemy enters into your territory.
When we allow a negative thought or temptation to linger in our imagination that contradicts
God's Word, it becomes a stronghold. it is through this device that satan can overwhelm you with fear, torment , sickness and defeat. As soon as we realize we have allowed him in, we need to
cast him out before he gets a chance to fortify those thoughts and feelings.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. ( 2 Corinthians 11:3 )

lies can bring you into bondage; what can set you free ?

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. ( John 8:32 )

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ( Philippians 4:6-8 )

when your mind is being attacked with negative thoughts that try to discourage you and draw you away from God always remember and say loud all the good things that God has done for your life. And tell the enemy to flee or he will have to deal with Jesus he will tremble and flee then go pray and ask God to help renew your mind from negative thoughts and thinking.

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. ( Isaiah 26:3 )

Put On The Whole Armor Of God -

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; ( Ephesians 6:10-18 )

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. ( Isaiah 54:17 )

knowing that our own flesh is probably our greatest enemy, it is important to understand how it wars against us. if we do not control the flesh it will control us.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
( James 1:13-15 )

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. ( 1 Corinthians 10:13 )

five ways to keep our spirit strong -

But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, ( Jude 20 )

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. ( Psalm 119:11 )

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. ( Galatians 5:16 )

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. ( Hebrews 10:25 )

Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward. ( Isaiah 58:6-8 )

More Than Conquerors -

We are guaranteed victory if we continue to abide in the Lord.He has given His word.

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. ( Romans 8:37 )

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. ( 1 John 4:4 )

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? ( Romans 8:35 )

As enlisted soldiers in God's army, we must be able to endure hardness as a good soldier and not
become entangled with the affairs of this world. keep living for Jesus and live righteous. remember this world will pass away, but that which we can't see will remain forever.

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. ( 1 Timothy 6:12 )

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. ( 2 Corinthians 4:18 )

Stay Strong in the Lord
God Bless

A

AnandaHya

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. ( 1 John 4:4 )

Amen :)

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Good post Timothy10.

We are guaranteed victory if we continue to abide in the Lord.He has given His word.

I especially liked that part. That is our job. To abide in the Vine.

God Bless You

J

jimmydiggs

Took me awhile, since I'm a slow reader. Good post.

A

Abiding

Thats the best writing of true warefare ive seen in along time, without emergent church heresy in it.
Very good. :)

Scotty

Feb 10, 2010
This was a great read! I love it. Thanks for posting =]

D

DiscipleWilliam

Good post. That definitely is sermon material :). If I were to give a simple critique, it would be to use a formal outline to convey the info. but overall good post.

K

kujo313

I'm a veteran of the United States Army AND God's Army. I'm reading the "33 Strategies of War" and applying it to the Spiritual.

One thing that believers MUST do is what I was taught in "Basic Training": get a buddy.

Our bunk-mate was our assigned buddy. We had to learn all about each other. Right now, as I type this, I have a nephew in Afganistan. He has a buddy looking out for him as he has his back.

Believers NEED each other! Iron sharpening iron! Support groups. Care groups. Bible studies. Spouses. Families. Friends.

Though Jesus is with us always, we need the support, and TO support, others.

March on, soldier!