Spiritual warfare

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

chris_2012

A born again believer is always exposed to threats and attacks from the devil and his kingdom. Being born in Christ automatically makes us enemies to the devil and his kingdom. But the Bible has provided enough advice for us to do warfare against our enemy and his kingdom. Many are not aware of this or are not being able to use the spiritual weapons which have been offered to us, correctly and they become prey to the devil and his weapons. The Bible, through Ephesians 6:12 has informed us that “we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places”.Verses 13 -18 tell us how to put on the whole armour of God to face the challenges of the enemy. But putting on the whole armour is not enough for us to face and defeat all the enemy’s threats. This is only one of the strategies of spiritual warfare. The Bible has enough examples of spiritual warfare, breaking down Satanic strongholds, wiping out enemies and taking possession of the promises which God has given his people. I would like to describe one of the examples here. Jericho was promised to the Israelites by God, but it was strongly built and fortified to withstand any attack which would be made on it. There were also watchmen on the walls to check for any signs of attack on that city. It also had a huge and powerful army to defend it. These point to the Satanic fortifications and defence systems which are employed by the devil and his kingdom to withstand any attack which is made on them by God’s anointed people. Destroying Jericho and taking possession of it was the first step for the Israelites in conquering Canaan which was promised to them. But humanly there was no way for Jericho to be conquered. Joshua sought God’s advice for conquering Jericho and for taking it into possession. As per God’s advice, there was not to be any battle by using the human military strategies. But God gave Joshua valuable instructions for doing a spiritual warfare which could break down the strongest strongholds, fortified walls and cities and defeat the most powerful armies which were there on the face of the earth. The Israelites and their armies had only to make a circuit of the city, bearing the ark of God and blowing trumpets. For 6 days, they had to make only 1 circuit, but on the 7th day, they had to make 7 circuits. The armies of the living God had to be arranged in ranks to face the enemy. In the first rank were the warriors, a body of chosen men who did not have to conquer by their skills but by obeying the instructions which God gave them. So, obedience of God’s instructions is the prime requirement in spiritual warfare. 7 priests who blew trumpets, followed. This points to praises and worship. Praise is an effective weapon in spiritual warfare. (II Chron 20). The ark of God which was surrounded by divine glory was borne by priests who were dressed to denote their sacred office. So, following the 10 commandments is the next step in spiritual warfare. Then the army of Israel followed, which had put on the whole armour which is required for spiritual warfare. So, putting on the whole armour is the last and the most important step in spiritual warfare. When God’s instructions were followed, the seemingly incompassible city, Jericho fell down like a pack of cards. It was soon devoured, set on fire and taken into possession. All the idols and their groves were completely destroyed. (Joshua 6:1-16)
Fasting is another effective weapon against the enemy if it is taken up according to the instructions from the Bible. (Isaiah 58:6-12).

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I like what yousay here about S[piritual warefare, but I am not surew that following ten commandmentstoday is it in the gentile Spiritual farefoarewhen in factwe the gentiles were never given the law to begin with. We are given Faith by grace from Gopd the Father of Christ who used Paul to bring thishome to us
Anyway, as you said Praise is an effective weapon in spiritual warfare. Praise God in all things be thankful in all things, whether good or bad and guess what, if you are from your heart thankful in all things, you have won the Spiritual warefare because God lives through you, and wins it for you
Homwardbound I am

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
1 Corinthians 6: 12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
� KJV
At some point we are given the awareness that we are under the power of God, and then continue to die daily in an attempt to be under the power and motivated by God only. It is very effective in spiritual warfare to always be aware of what you're flesh is under the power of, cause our spirit is under the power of God alone, and He is the reason that the flesh dies until it's completely dead. It can be easy for people to misunderstand Light/Love if they're not aware of what they're under the power of, because what you're under the power of can affect interpreting Love/Light/God.

Thanks for letting participate.
I love you all.

W

webchatter

ty for this thread. I think it's actually very important in the life of a Christian. What is satan's purpose to exist? Atheists? No it is Christians that are satan's enemy, atheists are already going to hell. I've known many charismatic Christians who think themselves spiritually superior to other Christians, yet when i pointed out Scripture that says satan was also "anointed" as they claimed to be, they wouldn't believe it. General Patton once said, " A good soldier knows his enemy". Yes this is valuable information for Christians.