Spiritually teenager

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tjogs

Jun 28, 2009
Some time ago I realised something unpleasant. As my real age is far over my teen years it seems spiritually im just coming to something that resembles the worst teenange years the child can bring to his/her parents. I had rather peaceful times back then, (not to mention though that I got teased alot by others same aged) even though I had some arguments that teens may have with their parents. I can remember what is to be teen but feeling that spiritually... That made me feel unpleasant.

Ok so what's actually happening with me? I have live whole my life with christian family and I have also learnt to trust God and Jesus. Everything should be fine, or as fine as they can be with normal human. But I have recogniced that I have started to do things that looks like im questioning the God. Testing what I can do and what I cannot. Even I basically know them already I still do.. and against that knowledge.
There is for example one person, who have very diffrent way of seing things (spiritual and more common issues) than I do. If I would worked trough my knowledge I would keep more distance to her, try to help her though but not to take her as my personal concern. But what I did. I went and became her best friend and had to withness when she questioned all that what I have belived. and why? because if trough by my belive and what I am God would be able to show who he really is to this person. And now year after things haven't changed but worse. I feel that not just that Im in danger I also make her more and more distant to God becuase what I chose back then.

If you got any idea about what I tried to tell and got something to say or share, please do it.

It's not that I wouldn't love God, it's that I cant' stop myself to make Him and myself sad.

A

Aqua_Girl09

well i know i'm kinda late in replying but i think you should keep going. and if you feel like your own faith is dying then DO something about it.

its normal for you to grow up and question God cause as a teen we begin to realize that our parents aren't the smartest person in the world and they just might be wrong. you have to develop your own relationship with God and you can no longer just follow that adult who says this is what you're supposed to do.

once you've found God for yourself its hard to doubt him. and you're faith will get lost and loose to life's trails if you're not doing anything to stay close to God. think of God being your best friend. if you're not talking to them or sharing things with them or passing notes then how can you expect to stay close friends with them? and if someone else questions your relationship with them how can you back it up if you have no relation ship with them.

get closer with God and you can't just convice someone to believe you with words. most ppl come to God because they see your life.i came to God because my best friends were having a really hard life but they seemed to be the happiest girls i've ever met. when all my other friends ditched me cause i "messed up" they were there for me. your life and actions are more of a testimony then ANYTHING you could say. the only Jesus that people are going to see is the jesus that you show them.

if you have any other questions or anything be sure to mention them. i'll help as best i can.