Spontaneous Online Meet-Ups

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 14, 2022
Often, I feel like fellowship in the evenings, and I would long for the possibility to meet up with fellow Christians online via Zoom or Microsoft Teams or some other video forum. Could a Forum be created for this spontaneous call to fellowship? A post can be made at any time by anyone who desires fellowship with a link given for the meet-up, and whomever is available at the time who is interested can join?

Also, what about the possibility of creating a regular bible or Christian book study via on-line meetup?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Often, I feel like fellowship in the evenings, and I would long for the possibility to meet up with fellow Christians online via Zoom or Microsoft Teams or some other video forum. Could a Forum be created for this spontaneous call to fellowship? A post can be made at any time by anyone who desires fellowship with a link given for the meet-up, and whomever is available at the time who is interested can join?

Also, what about the possibility of creating a regular bible or Christian book study via on-line meetup?
Not likely to work as not many people are eager to go off site with complete strangers. In fact it's often warned against on here. And there is a live chat anyways.

Nor do I imagine the site is eager to create an option that encourages people to leave the site to socialize. It seems to defeat the purpose of the site.

Using the site to establish yourself and to make friends who then may he willing to go off site is your best option.

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
I like the idea but seems most people prefer to text and text and text and text....where are the peeps who arent shy to go beyond text 🤷‍♀️😲

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I like the idea but seems most people prefer to text and text and text and text....where are the peeps who arent shy to go beyond text 🤷‍♀️😲
Not sure what I said you disagree with. In my nine years here I've seen many people state they don't want to go off site with people they don't know. And have seen many discourage others from doing so as well.

And is it not logical the site owner would not want to provide other places for people to go, pulling them away from the site he's had up for over 20 years?

People typically prefer to get to know people where they feel safest online before ever seeing that person off line or chatting off line. Thats just normal.

The issue isn't really shyness. It's often viewed as a safety issue for many. There have been numerous off site chats and even personal meetups between members here. There has even been a few group meetups where multiple users gather in one place, to meet.
After they got to know each other on here first.