St Raphael the Archangel leads Tobias

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

edgarallan

St. Raphael the Archangel leads Tobias

By Edgar Allan

(Tobias meets Saint Raphael, not knowing he is an archangel here on Earth as a visitor)

Tobias:
Walk with me, friend, for it is a fine day to talk to each other
Honestly, my family is poor and is sending me on my way to the city to earn a payload
To the city of Rages, part of Medes, are you familiar with the rugged road?
That I worry about my trade and livelihood for when I get there I know no one of my age

St. Raphael:
I too come from a tribe of Israel, and am familiar with the city of Rages
A brother of mine lives there and with his blessing he will let us stay at his abode
Such is a pleasant surprise that I have found you on the byroad
Be it from heaven that our journey will be safe and that God will us patrol

Tobias:
Ah of heaven my father has told me much, but I am afraid I maybe a lost soul
It is a good blessing that you come along, but understand that I am worthless and have no money
If you still choose my company then let us go forth to the city of Rages, nearby

St. Raphael:
Interested am I in your safety, since you are from a familiar tribe and I have heard of your fathers honor
Oh Lord of heavenly thrones, be it that you guide and protect us over what’s in store!

(To Rages the two walk along the beach, and in doing so, Tobias washes his feet in the sea)

Tobias:
It is a dream that this monstrous fish come to my feet! What does this mean?

St. Raphael:
By God’s good intentions, bring it forth. The organs we will use for medicine and the rest we will salt
Come along for our travels take us closer to a house where we can stay the night
Where you will meet your wife, a woman in my tribe who has neither son nor daughter
The woman surely you have heard of, her name is Sara, and she lives near
First, ask her hand in marriage from her father and mother, for their goodwill
Adorned by the angels of heaven, she has been distraught with seven husbands taken by the Devil
This has ruined her good graces, now she fears that each man she marries will be sleighed
However, your love will be constructed out of adoration and will grow stronger each passing day
Into the bedroom for three days time you will comfort her and give to God your prayers
The first night, the Devil will be driven off if you burn the liver of the fish in the chamber
Devoted to each other, the second night you will be accepted as holy Patriarchs in psalms
On the third night the Creator will bless you both with a child descended from Abraham
For this command I received and it shall pass as an absolute truth glorified

(Welcomed into the house of Sara, St. Raphael and Tobias are greeted by the family)
St. Raphael:
To introduce my friend, Tobias’s reputation is built on the strength that he fights in name of the Lord
Blessings to this house, for Tobias’s parents are also virtuous and adored
We will enjoy dinner tonight for an important conversation is to be engaged

Tobias:
Before dinner is served I want to ask for Sara’s hand in marriage
I ask even though it is known that her husbands’ deaths have been at the hands of the Devil

St. Raphael:
Choruses of angels do have sway upon this house that young Tobias asks such a proposal
Allow him to wed Sara, for I know that no other man will survive

(The parents received Tobias as Sara’s husband and praised the Lord that he may remain alive
St. Raphael took both Sara’s and Tobias’s hands and joined them in matrimony
)

St. Raphael:
Let God be inside this promise and forever bless their love united to each other be justified
With a separate chamber tonight you will be given to proclaim each other’s love man to woman

(Inside the chamber Tobias burned the liver of the fish and pleaded to God for safe keeping from Satan
The Devil could not enter the bedroom, and in the battle of Good verse Evil, St. Raphael sent him to hell
Satan was plunged back to the darkness and hate from where he keeps himself
)

Tobias:
Sara, let not the Devil be wise to our wedding, instead let us pray for three days time
God created Adam and gave to him Eve for his devotion, his rose of love sublime
Let us ask together that the Lord consecrate this marriage through tough times and our old age

(As it was planned by St. Raphael’s words that Tobias was kept alive after three days
Upon Tobias survival, Sara’s parents did divide all that they had into half for the newly weds
)

St. Raphael:
As it should be that you introduce you parents to your bride, you will go, Tobias
Necessary it will be to take the gall of the fish with you as a gift to your father
Restore your father’s vision with the gall of the fish and let him see the heavenly light once more

(Did the family weep so dearly upon the sight and sounds of Tobias and Sara’s return
As it was foretold, the blinded father had his vision restored when Tobias rubbed in the gall of the fish
A white skin from the father’s eyes fell to the floor; his sight was foretold from St. Raphael’s prophecy
)

St, Raphael:
I have come here to test young Tobias’s courage and show others the example of how to live humbly
To teach the world of love for God’s wisdom from all that is seen and unseen
I am St. Raphael, an archangel from the Father that stands before you to welcome you into Heaven