Star Wars Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
I always had the impression that Alderan was one of those places where you could have built a cabin in the mountains, raised crops, made bread, and drink coffee... A place where you could mind your business... It's a shame we will never know that for sure.
Yaaaa🤔, pretty sure that's not the case anymore, even if it was😄.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
20211106_213109.jpg
This picture should have special humor for any true Star Wars fan😀!

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
okay, obviously I'm not a true fan since I have to ask for an explanation.......
:unsure: hmmm we do have a couple of these same figures upstairs....
oh the possibilities :LOL:
He has an apple on top of his buddies head...But, stormtroopers are known for not being able to hit things they are aiming at.
So, either the guy he is pointing his blaster at owes him a lot of credits (money) or he doesn't really like him very much😄.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
You know what gets me most nostalgic about that? The "Mr. Rental" on the left.

Aww, isn't that cute! Back then we thought video rental would be forever.
Yeah. That's a whole part of our era that the next generation really doesn't know much about.

Wonder how many things we don't know that our parents and grandparents did and would think the same thing.🤔

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah. That's a whole part of our era that the next generation really doesn't know much about.

Wonder how many things we don't know that our parents and grandparents did and would think the same thing.🤔
Oh don't get me started!

I just mentioned in chat that the boss got a bluetooth speaker for the workplace and was playing 80's rock (the one style least likely to cause complaining in an average large group.) Every song that plays makes me feel so old... It just pushes it in my face that it was a LONG time ago.

I did use it to blow some kids' minds though. I told them, "This music is what kids used to drive their parents nuts. Parents used to hate this music with a passion." As 80's rock is rather tame compared to modern music, the kids had difficulty believing what I said.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Oh don't get me started!

I just mentioned in chat that the boss got a bluetooth speaker for the workplace and was playing 80's rock (the one style least likely to cause complaining in an average large group.) Every song that plays makes me feel so old... It just pushes it in my face that it was a LONG time ago.

I did use it to blow some kids' minds though. I told them, "This music is what kids used to drive their parents nuts. Parents used to hate this music with a passion." As 80's rock is rather tame compared to modern music, the kids had difficulty believing what I said.
So, are you saying you're old, old man?

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
I loved the trilogy as a child. The other episodes that followed made me ZZZZzzz in the theatre.
This one time I was looking at my childs school scrap book when she was 6. It made me chuckle. She had written the entire Seagulls song word for word. It was amusing, we would be out in public and end up singing a few of the Star Wars bad lip reading songs, which sound so weird but lots of fun memorizing them! She hasnt seen the originals just the new ones.
"SEAGULLS! (Stop It Now)" -- A Bad Lip Reading of The Empire Strikes Back - YouTube
"BUSHES OF LOVE" -- Extended Lyric Video - YouTube
Apologies if you cant see the vids. I havent got the hang of it :)