Stay home mum looking for connection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sjo

Hello! We seem to be in the minority in my home town. It's a decision I've made that i believe it right for my child and would never suggest that others making different decisions are wrong as its a very personal choice. However, connecting with others in the same boat is quite challenging !! Would love to hear more from others!

H

hattiebod

Welcome to CC, hope you have fun here and find the support and encouragement you seek. <><

Mar 3, 2013
Do you feel iceolated because your a stay at home mum is that what your tryin to say? If so your not alone they are lots of women out there experiencing the exact same thing, thank god for technology, but don't always depend on taking to the internet to feel the company of others. Get out there and meet new people even if it means joining certain parent and child play groups that way your child is making new friends and you are making new friends and interacting more with people. Try not to iceolate yourself and your child it can be very lonely for you and your child and also frustrating. Hope this helps.

S

Sjo

Hi there... Not isolating myself :-( its just that most mums here return to work and children are in daycare or cared for by grandparents so its difficult to meet people closer to my age.

Mar 3, 2013
Ok that's why I mentioned the play groups so that you can meet other parents your age and become friends. I know its hard being a young mum, I'm assuming you are young mum? You tend to lose touch of old friends and the only communication you have is with your child, you start to crave for an adult conversation. You could maybe hook up with old school friends that are in the same situation as you, I'm assuming you do have facebook? I'm sure its worth a try you could meet up or invite the over and cook a meal at yours with a bottle of wine once you've put your child to bed. They are just some options I'm suggersting to help you.

H

hattiebod

Hi there... Not isolating myself :-( its just that most mums here return to work and children are in daycare or cared for by grandparents so its difficult to meet people closer to my age.
Whereabouts to you stay? I am up in Scotland :) <><

N

nonicknametouse

Hi, I am a stay at home mom still to a 17 yr old. I have three kids and worked like a dog for yrs. I became a member in a church that started a moms support group and was involved in it for about 15yrs. It was awesome. Making the decision to stay home with my kids was the best one. No matter what soceity says about it, kids need their moms. They need that security they get from knowing mom is always there for them. So keep up the good work. Motherhood is the hardest most thankless job there is yet is brings so many blessings.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Welcome to CC! I stayed home to raise our children and really enjoyed it. They're grown now. Are you're children very young? One thing that saved my sanity was belonging to a playgroup. The moms could visit while the children played. Hope you find something like that where you live :).