Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Bugs don't have the perspective to avoid collision with people who are also moving. Bugs run into you all the time.

In all of eternity, you don't think a bug will collide with you even once?
I am not so sure that there will be any bugs in eternity. The Millennium - yes - absolutely - no doubt whatsoever. Eternity - not so sure...

Pardizzle

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
I was at a plant and garden show last spring... A landscaping company has this flameless outdoor fireplace set up on display, and I loved it (way out of my price range, lol, but I loved looking at it.) You feel a slight heat at the very source of the "flames," but it's not hot at all.

One little boy was sitting on the edge and had his whole hand engulfed in the "flames."

So this picture is my own take for myself. It reminded me of the story of Moses and the burning bush that was on fire, but didn't burn up, and the passage:

Isaiah 43:2 -- "... When you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you."[/QUOT]

Wow! I like that, that's very good. Or like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego....It's amazing how something as insignificant as a picture (the meaning behind it) can speak to someone. Thank you!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I was at a plant and garden show last spring... A landscaping company has this flameless outdoor fireplace set up on display, and I loved it (way out of my price range, lol, but I loved looking at it.) You feel a slight heat at the very source of the "flames," but it's not hot at all.

One little boy was sitting on the edge and had his whole hand engulfed in the "flames."

So this picture is my own take for myself. It reminded me of the story of Moses and the burning bush that was on fire, but didn't burn up, and the passage:

Isaiah 43:2 -- "... When you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you."
I like that verse so much, I designed two panels for it .:D

The first was inspired by a conversation you were having with Kojikun... and the 2nd one was inspired by Oblio...

from Isaiah 43:1-3

Isaiah 43:2
:)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ladies, do you really use this as an indicator?

I listen to stand-up comedy on youtube a lot. I just heard a comedian talk about a gift his wife gave him, an ear and nose hair trimmer.

"What's this for?"

"Well you're on the road a lot, I can't keep up with your grooming any more."

"I never asked you to keep up with it."

"Well I don't want ladies to see you with ear and nose hair. They'll think you don't have a woman in your life so they'll be flirting with you."

"Baby have you taken a good look at me lately? I don't think that'll be a problem."

Ladies do you use the presence of ear and nose hair as a metric of whether a guy is single?

If you were married, do you think you would worry about this?

Yeah, I know, this is a comedian... But now I gotta know if this is legit what you girls check. I may have been plucking nose hairs in vain all these years. :p

Susanna

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
No, his old lady is tired of seeing hair growing out everywhere and don’t want others to think she doesn’t keep her husband somewhat presentable. Bonus added: she makes her husband think he’s still attractive. You don’t want a man who doesn’t think he’s attractive.😂

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
No, his old lady is tired of seeing hair growing out everywhere and don’t want others to think she doesn’t keep her husband somewhat presentable. Bonus added: she makes her husband think he’s still attractive. You don’t want a man who doesn’t think he’s attractive.😂
That actually plays into something I read one time in a Sherlock Holmes story. Sherlock said he believed, based on a quick glance at a stranger, that the stranger's wife did not love him because of the dust on his hat. He told Watson that if Watson's wife ever let him leave the house with that much accumulation of dust on his hat, Sherlock would suspect Watson had lost his wife's love too.

Pardizzle

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
I was curious as to if anyone could/would, or maybe you do already, live in a Tiny House!!!!