Stressed about a pregnant acquintance

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
She's recently got pregnant and knows I'm into herbal healing so she begged me - shes kinda desperate about the issue - to make her an ointment for hemorrhoids to treat them before the baby gets bigger, as the has been buying over the counter medicines and it did not work for her.
I've asked two pharmacists if usage of herbs is safe during pregnancy... got the answer that it is safe topically and that herbal stuff is what they normally give pregnant women to treat the problem.
But I'm still anxious that something could happen to her and then she would resent me.
I've tried to get pure vitamin E and just make her an ointment of it, eventually with vitamin K, but i cant find pure vit. E anywhere in sale.
I cant refuse to do this for her but on the other hand I am immensely stressed about giving her anything because she is pregnant. I meant to use calendula majorly, and some yarrow.
Does anybody have an advice?

Last edited:

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Did that already, they dont have the info I need. Googling this stuff doesnt really give results. So I asked two pharmacists... I hope someone who had experience with this will give more detail.

P

psychomom

She's recently got pregnant and knows I'm into herbal healing so she begged me - shes kinda desperate about the issue - to make her an ointment for hemorrhoids to treat them before the baby gets bigger, as the has been buying over the counter medicines and it did not work for her.
I've asked two pharmacists if usage of herbs is safe during pregnancy... got the answer that it is safe topically and that herbal stuff is what they normally give pregnant women to treat the problem.
But I'm still anxious that something could happen to her and then she would resent me.
I've tried to get pure vitamin E and just make her an ointment of it, eventually with vitamin K, but i cant find pure vit. E anywhere in sale.
I cant refuse to do this for her but on the other hand I am immensely stressed about giving her anything because she is pregnant. I meant to use calendula majorly, and some yarrow.
i'm surprised you can't find Vit E oil in a capsule? (internet order? just spitballing here..)
we used to use it on boo-boos to prevent scars....except on our son, who wanted the scars. lol
(badge of honor thing with guys? idk...:) )

do you have an OB/GYN? i think if it were me, i'd put in a call to that office,
run down the list of things you want to use, and ask if it's safe.
if that's not possible, perhaps your friend (who should have a doc) could do the same?

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
She needs it urgently. I made it with calendula and yarrow, in about 4:1 ratio. Left it to sit, I'll pack it tomorrow.
They give herbal meds to pregnant women for that, and they include even more potent herbs like comfrey...
That's an excellent idea to consult a gynecologist too. Will do so before giving her this. Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2015
A quick question. Where does vitamin E come from, and can you make it yourself?

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I know food sources of vitamin E but now it's done. I made her a balm and she will ask her doc before use.
Ordering online would take too much time plus it's really a hassle in my country to order anything from abroad. So I acted on urgency.

Jan 20, 2015
I know food sources of vitamin E but now it's done. I made her a balm and she will ask her doc before use.
Ordering online would take too much time plus it's really a hassle in my country to order anything from abroad. So I acted on urgency.
Oh good. (Must this forum force me to post more text than I need.)

U

Ugly

7 month old thread.