Struggling and Depressed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

andrewboy

I've been going to a therapist for several months now because of my OCD and the depression that goes along with it and some things came up in the sessions that I never thought would. I knew that I was struggling with some other addictive behaviors for some years now and I just kind of passed it off as something that would change later on down the road. To put some even bigger weight on the situation is that I feel I've been literally rejected by most of my friends. I feel like no one has time for me anymore and I'm left to solve this problem on my own. I get :50 minutes a week to share with a therapist what I'm feeling but I don't have anyone in that off time to talk about things and to get things out. I've been trying to get into a "Celebrate Recovery" group in my area and it seems that no matter what doors I try to open they are always locked. I've started to think that God has given up on me and that is the reason 1) My friends have forsaken me 2) It's hard to find a group that meets my needs and 3) Why everything is so hard to deal with on my own. It seems that every testimony that I hear or read it seems that these people have other people that are there for them and help them along the way. I sometimes want to cry and get these emotions out but I feel so dry inside. I feel like I'm trying so hard NOT to go down the bad roads it just feels like I keep doing it. I don't want this to be a lifetime problem. I want to be Happy and not depressed. Please Pray for me!

J

jb800m

Praying for the great healer in Heaven will give you the strength and the wisdom to continue to move forward ,... that god will place ppl in y our path that will assist you in your walk give you break thrus but of course this to be all done in the migthy guidance of our father in heaven

X

xAlphaOmega

Hey Andrewboy first of all welcome to CC. Secondly, sorry to hear about your struggle. If you gotta let out your emotions, then by all means do it. There is no shame in it. Chances are you will feel better afterwards. Remember happiness is not gained by what you have (friends, wealth, a hot wife) its about your circumstances, and how you react to them. Life is 10% what happens 90% what you make of it. How can you not be happy to know that you have a special place reserved next to our Father in heaven? How can you not be happy about how God has provided for you financially and given you a job? How can you not be happy about a roof over your head, clothes on your back, a hot meal and fresh water? What also helps me, is knowing that no matter what you are going through, there is always someone who has been in the same situation, or worst, and theyve gotten over their hump. Additionally, you have the best friend, father, and mentor who is closer than a brother who is riding the journey of life along with you through all the ups and downs. Its like having a special power, if you only choose to embrace Him and let him come for the ride. Be hopeful that the Lord has a plan for you- even when it seems so distant.

Edit: Praying for you

Last edited by a moderator:
F

felicecan

my prayers are with you! your condition is embedded in a fear in which some thing is done in repetitions to prevent bad things from happening. 1 John 4:18 says that perfect love casts out fear. May God's love help you put your condition (fears) to rest!

G

Gail421

Andrew... Why were you unable to get involved with Celebrate Recovery?
In the mean time, you are in my prayers. You are not alone. Seek out the positive answers and you WILL find them. Start with a good church for resources. This sounds too simple, I know. But really think about looking for positive focus right now. You don't have to fix everything at once, just get on the right road. And in fact, YOU don't have to fix things, let God do that, you just get yourself in the right places for the peace to come to you.. :)

I will definitely pray for you tonight. Around 10pm EST. Pray then too if you can. Know that people are lifting you up. God is paying attention. Dont' give up!

Love in Christ, Gail

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
You sound so lonely. But God is ALWAYS there for you. He will never leave or forsake you.

So do your read your Bible a lot? Do you pray? Do you go to church?

Maybe God wants you to make new friends, Christian friends. Maybe God wants you to spend more time getting to know him better.

Whatever the reason, don't give up hope. Our God is the God of hope! And he is working on you right now!

I will pray that you can get closer to God, and find some fellowship with other Christians. Depression tells us a lot of lies, like "no one cares about me!" I will pray that you will understand that God cares, and so do we.

"Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, [SUP]4 [/SUP]and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, [SUP]5 [/SUP]and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." Romans 5:3-5

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You are in my daily prayers in Jesus's name for all that is the joy of His love.

Maby volenteering to serve others, seniors maby at a local senior center?, will bring you some healing, I know it did for me. :)

God bless
pickles