Struggling with inner demons

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2011
I keep making bad choices in my life and i don't want to, i want to stop but i can't. Need major help.

J

Jordache

YOU can't, but with the POWER of Jesus, you can.

Dec 19, 2011
Sorry but i have already failed Jesus in this case, i just keep disappointing myself

Feb 11, 2012
What I am about to tell you can save your soul and the soul of your loved ones, you seem to be crying out for help, and God is there to help, but you need to come to the end of self, fall on your face in brokeness and humility before God and seek His great mercy!

CONFESS OR REPENT!

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Quote from most ministries today:

“When a person confesses the fact that he is a sinner and acknowledges Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, his spirit is reborn”.

This seems to be the biggest obstacle to get over in the professing Christian world today. To them this confession is equivalent to repentance, and admitting you are a depraved sinner is more humbling than forsaking your evil ways, stop sinning then seek the mercy of God, such as the city of Nineveh did. This is a glaring example of what Christianity has become, where there is no clearing or accountability before God, you come to Him on your perceived notions of mere men, then receive the Holy Spirit of God through a confession over stopping and clearing of any wrong doing. Thus a still defiled and double minded convert receives the Holy Spirit! You had better be sure before you call those who teach otherwise heretics, false teachers and worse.
Jesus and His devout followers clearly preached repentance unto life, they preached the sin stops in repentance or the heart hardens, they preached go and sin no more, not go and sin some more, they preached depart from iniquity, pluck it out, cast it away, forsake it( kill it), cut it off at the root, cut it off and out, strive to bloodshed in STOPPING the sin if need be, he who sins is of the devil, crucify(kill)your flesh with Him, walk in newness of life, the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom, and many more powerful warnings that totally contradict this just confess, acknowledge, accept, then you are reborn and eternally saved.
Please note, that there are some verses that seem to imply that all’s a sinner needs to do is confess and accept Jesus to be saved, but you can also use scripture to try and prove murder is ok, or that the sky is pink etc., but this has no influence what so ever on the ones who dig deep, compare spiritual with spiritual, not a snippet here and a snippet there, to try and prove their doctrines are correct.
Here are just a few verses that clearly contradict the saved IN sin, confess and accept message, as all through scripture from Genesis to Revelation, the word is clear:
Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Jas 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
Jas 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
Psa 18:20 The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
Psa 18:21 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
Luk 13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Isa 1:16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
Jer 26:13 Therefore now amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the LORD your God; and the LORD will repent him of the evil that he hath pronounced against you.
Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Luk 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
Luk 9:25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

There are many more powerful scriptures that go against this just confess and you are in formula to salvation, many will say to confess is all that is needed, as to them to confess means you make a mental commitment to stop the rebellion against God, which is a part of repentance, but they go no further.
But IF you compare word to word, and make sure the scriptures harmonize together, you can clearly see a huge contradiction in the confess and accept way to the cross verses the repent and obey way to the cross!
You cannot be wrong on this, either the word is in great compromise or you are!
Dig deep as Jesus warned, build your foundation on solid ground, not sinking sand as the modern teachers and ministries teach today.
The confess and accept way to the cross is why Christianity is in the state it’s in today, where its normal for professing Christians to be walking in the darkness and light at the same time, to be a vile sinner, then blame their sin nature on their folly, to blame God they were created evil, or even that His he created them to be a homosexual. This teaching is producing a world gone mad, a church that has become the laughing stock of the world, where few are coming to a saving faith because the preachers and ministers are teaching this confess and accept plan, instead of repent, obey, and follow Jesus plan, that saves you out of your sin, coming broken and useful to be used by the master, clear and free from all know vile and rebellious sins against God. That He commanded you in the first place to forsake, and stop, before He would relent and consider any forgiveness and pardon of wrong doing!
Now the word of God makes sense, the word comes alive as we become accountable to it, it becomes our bread of life, our anchor, and rock of salvation, as we strive to walk the pure and holy life God has granted to us, giving us all we need In His son, to walk a blameless live, overcoming the world, the lies coming out of the churches, and the snare of the devil, who boldly proclaims all you have to is just confess you sin, then accept Jesus, then you are saved and filled with the sprit! I wish it was this simple, but Jesus made it crystal clear, FEW of the FEW will be saved, so strive to enter, repent and forsake all known rebellious sin against God, and receive with meekness the implanted word that can save your soul!
Pro 28:13 He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy.
Tommy 12-5-12

PS. Being a true follower of Christ isn’t about joining a church to your liking, getting saved IN you sins through this confession formula, then spending the rest of your Christian life learning how the word of God doesn’t apply to you, no its about purity, sincerity and love,, obeying God from your heart, keeping His commands, and following Jesus example on the narrow road, you die to sin and rebellion once and for all in repentance!

K

kenisyes

Jesus expects you to fail. You need to let Him take over responsibility. He does not fail. I think if you wanted to post an example, we might be able to show you from Scripture how it is supposed to work.

B

Batman007

Uh, get a therapist?

willfollowsGod

Apr 14, 2011
It depends on what those bad choices are if the services of a therapist are required or necessary (You still need Jesus). If those bad choices don't really need that, trust in Jesus and confess your sins to him and you will be forgiven. God bless.

J

Jordache

If Jesus directs us to forgive 70 x 7 times, then don't you think He will forgive you all the more readily? What matters is where your heart is. What counts is where you are pointed, not the number of times you fail on your journey. I screw up all the time, but Jesus doesn't love me any less. He forgives me every time, picks me up, dusts me off, and says "ok, let's try again." I have seen God deliver me again and again from many different issues. Trust me, I'm pretty far from perfect. But if He can meet me, He can definitely meet you.

C

Crazy4GODword

Sorry but i have already failed Jesus in this case, i just keep disappointing myself
Look Jesus wants the flawed, broken, stuck, helpless people. He is searching for his lost sheep, and the sheep that wanders to dark places. If you know the Lord, then you will know that God will not fail you. He sees your struggle, He knows your pain, He will apprehend you, He will fight for you.

If you feel a struggle like you said, like as if two people are tugging you on each arm, that's Jesus tugging you away from your problems, but your problems are tugging it back. So struggling is a sign that God is actually at work my friend! You need to make one side more dominate, more stronger, how? Keep trusting God, keep trying to let nothing stop you. If you fail, try again, dont ever let the devil get the last laugh my brother.

Did Jesus give up when he knew He had to die, did He ever say "you know what i cant do this im going to quit this mission"..? Of course not friend, so im sure God is not giving up on you through your pain and struggles, your just feeling the forces between good and evil tuggin at you. If you didnt feel it and were doing bad, then something is wrong. Hang on the bars brother, God will deliver his hurt son, even the most hideous crimes a person can make, God wont give up.

PANCAKES

Apr 26, 2009
Satan likes to keep you in the self-pitying ditch. He also likes to keep you behind that huge self disappointment wall, and the wall of shame. Instead of giving into it, get angry. Know who you're up against and who you've got on your side. Know that lies can be whispered in your ears every time something edifying comes to light. Realize that you won't keep moving forward unless you ask for forgiveness, and realize that THROUGH forgiveness you can let what you've done go, and should.

When the spirit of fear and condemnation come to you after you ask for forgiveness, know that it's not from God, and anything that is not from God that comes to mind, you repeat these words "No. I am forgiven. I won't be tempted anymore. I'm done with your game. Thank you for forgiving me Father."

Even if it's just the word "no" and "thank you Father".

I do this every time I go through this, the holy spirit helps me.

As for the bad choices. Pray for wisdom and guidance....every day. I'll be praying too :)

Last edited:

PANCAKES

Apr 26, 2009
p.s: Think about the word Realize. Break it down, speak it out loud, know what it means and apply it.

Dec 19, 2011
Guys Satan has no power over me, its mostly myself hence my struggle with inner demons,

Dec 19, 2011
Inner demons as in my own evil, not caused by satan or anyone else, as if i have another self which i don't want

Nov 26, 2012
Hutchy, your profile says you are not a Christian. Do you understand what it means to be a Christian?

Dec 19, 2011
Honestly, i don't think so but i do try and sorry about that if it seems misleading, i had a moment trying to seek my true faith

Nov 26, 2012
Let me explain it a bit. Here's the basics: Man is sinful by nature. God is too Holy to be near sin. In the Old Testament blood sacrifices were required by man for their sins. This is because sin causes death, spiritual death. God entered the world as Jesus. He expanded on the Ten Commandments, explained some prophecy and told us how we can be with God. He allowed Himself to be crucified to be our blood sacrifice. It was a gift. Like any gift it isn't yours until you accept it. Once you confess (admit, believe) that Christ is the Son of God, and claim Him as your sin offering then your sins are forgiven. Once your sins are gone you can ask God to send the Holy Spirit (also God) to come live with you. He will guide you through life. Man was created spiritual but also carnal. Carnal is animal like, focussing on survival. Thinking of things like food, shelter, sex, wealth (creature comforts). Spiritual is based on things like communion with God, love for fellow man. Although Christians need carnal things we are not supposed to dwell on them. The only way to not focus on them is to focus on God. When you accept Jesus' gift, you accept Him as Lord (like a boss). Along with the freedom from sin you are adopted as a child of God (not everyone is a child of God). As His child you will receive an inheritance, not in this life but the one to come. Its this simple, there is two parts to us, a flesh and a spirit. One day the flesh will decay in the ground then all that will be left is your spirit. Will you accept the gift that invites your eternal spirit to be a child of the King, or feed your flesh all the comfort and pleasure this world can afford? You don't know how long you have to decide. I know a girl who died yesterday, she was 10.

O

onegoodsoul

i'll pray for you. :)