struggling

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jesusfreak35

Anyone else in their mid 30's and struggling?

N

NurseJill

I am 31 and struggling. It is really tough to meet a person who has the right combination of values for me. I tend to be a really liberal and 'progressive' christian, and it is tough to find a person who is as liberal as I am (or close) and also believes in God and Christ and has relatively conservative values when it comes to dating and physically intimate relations. I do believe though that God has a plan, and I trust in him always!

B

Baptistrw

I am 31 and struggling. It is really tough to meet a person who has the right combination of values for me. I tend to be a really liberal and 'progressive' christian, and it is tough to find a person who is as liberal as I am (or close) and also believes in God and Christ and has relatively conservative values when it comes to dating and physically intimate relations. I do believe though that God has a plan, and I trust in him always!

Liberalism and Christianity tend to be diametrically opposed. I would be curious to hear your explanation of liberalism in your beliefs...

N

NurseJill

I am not interested in giving an explanation. I have had these conversations in the past and I do not enjoy it. You can have your ideas about politics and sociology, and I will have mine. We are simply Christians with differences of opinion on the way that people should be treated and or how they should act. We take what we take from our relationships with God and the Bible, and I don't care to hear any more explanations from conservatives about why they think my deductions (or those of other 'liberal' brothers and sisters) are incorrect.

B

Baptistrw

I am not interested in giving an explanation. I have had these conversations in the past and I do not enjoy it. You can have your ideas about politics and sociology, and I will have mine. We are simply Christians with differences of opinion on the way that people should be treated and or how they should act. We take what we take from our relationships with God and the Bible, and I don't care to hear any more explanations from conservatives about why they think my deductions (or those of other 'liberal' brothers and sisters) are incorrect.
Hard to see if someone might have similar beliefs if you're not willing to articulate what you believe. Whatever floats your boat.

S

susan041467

I am currently going to school to become a RN at the age of 42 and I am a singlemom of 3. I can relate to your issues with dating and think it is so unreal how people take intimacy so lightly. Some think that I should even date or even consider another marriage because I have been divorced twice. Divorce can indeed make you feel like a second rate citizen. Does God mean for me to be alone for the rest of my life? My first husband had bi-polar and after 16 years of marriage I saw that things were dangerous and there wasn't any way I could provide for the kids with his outrages spending habits. My second husband left me a note and moved out when I was at work one day. I do have hopes of finding happiness with a good Godly man some day, but in the back of my mind I always wonder if it just wasn't in God's plan for me.

bananaboo4

Oct 31, 2005
Raymond. you're being rude. :) I mean that in the most politest way possible. If she doesn't want to explain, then she doesn't have to. Lol.

N

NurseJill

Sorry to disappoint you, Baptistrw. It really isn't fun to get into that for me. Please understand! I've been there before -- I guess you could say 'been there, done that' and it isnt worth the walls that get boarded up between myself and others when those conversations occur! :)

J0Y

Mar 7, 2009
Im 35....my Church is in the midst of a baby boom......I am one of 3 singles.....anyone near my age is married and onto at least their 2nd or 3rd child.....so yeah....it can be a challenge....

H

Hethr

Yes, I am 36, what I call terminally single.. not necessarily meant negatively as I'm usually ok with it. My church is, I dunno 99% comprised of marrieds, seniors, with a couple of singles w/ kids thrown in. I am very much the sore thumb at church. Trying to find a new church is not going well. So obviously church is not my avenue for finding a mate. Unless God directs my Mr right to my door, chances of finding a Christian man are slim.

S

SamIam

im in my mid 20s and buggling

Apr 26, 2009
Am 34 turning 35 in Nov.Being a single mum of 1 for me i had no problem before since my daughter was always around but now she is in her early teens am struggling where to fit in,since my age mates are now married.