Stuff Christians Like

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Would we swipe right and swipe left, or just decide whether or not we want to neglect mentioning we want to talk to somebody again?
no, i mean an "in person" place where people actually meet people. i never heard of this anywhere so i thought it would be considered.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
here's something single Christians might like: a speed dating system for single Christians only. since there is in place already, a trust element amongst Christians, with the proper atmosphere, i think this would work. you can meet someone & enjoy a 5 minute talk & see if compatibility exists. time can be saved by meeting many people in 1 day's time. perhaps, if not compatible, a friendship can develop anyway.
is this stuff christians like? Because this doesn't actually exist. No churches ever do this.

the only matchmaking going in is with interfering parents asking single people how much they earn so they can assess suitable spouses for their eligible children, but if you don't have christian parents there will be no help in this area.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
hmm I think Bible Colleges are christian breeding grounds it seems according to all the christian dating/spouse books I have read.

'I met my husband/wife at Bible college' 'we got married and my wife got pregnant and ditched her degree; 'She paid for my education' 'Husband is a pastor so in addition to our own children he has to look after everyone elses in church'

I think thats the way it goes and it works for those who go to Bible College, if you can afford it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I found out the Bible college moved and now theres a primary school and a retirement village there instead, and the land has been leased for 100 years, kinda like Hong Kong.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
lawn bowls
soccer
hockey
The Voice
free water from the tap
Newspapers with terrible news about Israel
hating on liberals
milky tea and coffee
Being 'Westernised' and western things like flush toilets and dishwashers and metal knives and forks
sitting on chairs while praying
shoes
Sandals with socks so nobody can see your toenails
long skirts
pearls and jewellery for women
suit and ties for men, or a dress shirt paired with jeans to show you are not that above everyone else
cars (to park in the church carpark)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
lawn bowls
soccer
hockey
The Voice
free water from the tap
Newspapers with terrible news about Israel
hating on liberals
milky tea and coffee
Being 'Westernised' and western things like flush toilets and dishwashers and metal knives and forks
sitting on chairs while praying
shoes
Sandals with socks so nobody can see your toenails
long skirts
pearls and jewellery for women
suit and ties for men, or a dress shirt paired with jeans to show you are not that above everyone else
cars (to park in the church carpark)
I only like four things from that list. Shoes, flush toilets, metal silverware and cars are all rather nice to have.

I must be either a hindu, Muslim or atheist.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
CC christian chat
One year devotionals
Bible tabs
gift-giving
prayer chains
paranoid you-tube videos about the end of the world - fwd to your friends already saved, put the fear of God to those who aren't
hoodies with scary or ironic looking church logos on them
Dayspring products

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
CC christian chat
One year devotionals
Bible tabs
gift-giving
prayer chains
paranoid you-tube videos about the end of the world - fwd to your friends already saved, put the fear of God to those who aren't
Dayspring products
I'm a worse Christian than I thought! I only liked two of those, the first and the fourth. And I don't even like the fourth at the customary scheduled times, only at random times when people aren't expecting it.

Should I repent and pray God will help me like all those things?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Books by Bear Grylls
motivational books by pastors kids with themselves on the cover
tracts
little pamphlets 'why you should join our church'
church business cards
suits...so you can look like a lawyer when you preaching
bible trivia
expensive retreats for the clergy
maundy money
pancakes
alms
coffee club cards - buy nine coffees, get the tenth one free

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I am really scoring low here... Only two out of this list also. Pancakes are awesome and bible trivia is interesting.

jennymae

Feb 28, 2020
Y’all all only need a cross to bear.😂

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You can choose from an 18 foot cross with wheels
or a tiny one that fits in your hand
or maybe just one on your grave/headstone

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
sausage rolls
burnt sausages
sausage sizzles on a bbq
potluck dinners where everyone brings sausages

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Basketball hoops in the church carpark
rummage sales
lego
surplus food
sandwiches with the crusts cut off
scones and jam
cake

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Basketball hoops in the church carpark
rummage sales
lego
surplus food
sandwiches with the crusts cut off
scones and jam
cake
Cake? Scones and jam? Now you're just listing things everybody likes.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
CC christian chat
One year devotionals
Bible tabs
gift-giving
prayer chains
Dayspring products
Love one-year devotionals. Wife and I go through one each year. We already have a new one to start the New Year out.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Im trying to find a 1 year devotional that has space you can write in, a ribbon bookmark and the day and month.

Not a womans one but maybe a gardeners one? For the southern hemisphere.

If theres not one I suppose I could write my own. I notice Candace Cameron Bure has about 40 books to her name, everything from dressing up to being classy to juggling motherhood and acting on tv.

Im reading Lazarus Awakening which I vaguely remember maybe reading before? But funny thing is Joanna Weavers other books didnt have the chrstian message plan of salvation in them so some churches refused to buy them