Submitting to God and being a Patriot (Habakkuk)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

PapaBear

[h=2][/h]
My wife and I been using a daily devotional given to us by our Pastor for several months now. The name of the devotional is “Jesus Calling Enjoying Peace In His Presence” It is authored by Sarah Young.

Several weeks ago the scriptures associated with the devotion that day were from the Book of Habakkuk. Now this is not the easiest Book in the Bible to find. And it is certainly not a Book that, in my experience, has been the source of many teachings. So today, I set out to read the Word and the Lord led me to Habakkuk. I actually found it quite easily…. Not because I remembered from the last time I assure you. I have a Nelson Study Bible (NKJV) Karol gave me when we were first married 16 years ago.

“Oh Lord, how long shall I cry, and You will not hear?” Hab. 1:2 Habakkuk was a unique Prophet in that he ask questions of God. Most Prophets filled their messages with “Hear the word of the Lord” Habakkuk raised questions. “Why does evil in Judah go unpunished?” “How can a just God use a wicked nation like Babylon to punish His chosen people?” Habakkuk wanted to know… just like we want to know. God did not strike Habakkuk down for asking the questions. He answered them. This was the answer. “The Lord Himself will establish His kingdom. He will hold all people and nations accountable. The present may be filled with wickedness and chaos, but the future belongs to the righteous – the truly righteous. God will bring in His kingdom, give rest and salvation to His children, and judge His people’s adversaries.”

This struck a chord with me. I relate to what is happening in the United States today in the context of these scriptures. Nations are given to greed, power, idolatry and to immorality. Can we not see hundreds of examples of this right now? People treat one another in inhumane fashion. Often it seems as if power and success come to those who break God’s laws and reject His legitimate claim on creation. Just look at our government…. Local, State, and National. Yet according to Habakkuk, “the Lord remains sovereign; He sits in His holy temple watching earth. He will eventually judge each person for his/her life.” “While people may be seduced into wickedness by the allure of power and success [look at the Obama administration], a glorious future awaits those who submit to God Habakkuk’s prophetic vision and prayer provide a proper perspective for viewing the injustices of this world. The Almighty is in control. He will establish His righteous kingdom in the end.” “…all wrongs will be made right: The wicked will be judged for their sinfulness and the righteous will be saved.

Hab. 2:20; Hab. 2: 6-20; Hab. 2:4; Hab. 2:2; Hab. 3:1-2; Hab. 3:18-19

This is how I see America right now. A glorious future awaits those who submit to God…. In this day and time…. I am seeking to understand how to submit to God and be a Patriot as well….

If any of this strikes a chord with you….. please share your thoughts…… Amen!