Subtle deception

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

evyaniy

Philippians 2

5 Have this in your mind, which was also in Messiah Yeshua, 6 Who, existing in the form of EL, didn’t consider equality with EL a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a Servant, being made in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, He humbled Himself, becoming obedient to the point of death, yes, the death of the cross. 9 Therefore EL also highly exalted Him, and gave to Him the Name which is above every Name, 10 that at the Name of Yeshua every knee should bow, of those in heaven, those on earth, and those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Yeshua the Messiah is Adonai, to the glory of EL the Father.

Who, existing in the form of EL
didn’t consider equality with EL a thing to be grasped(held on to),
but emptied Himself, taking the form of a Servant,
being made in the likeness of men.
And being found in human form, He humbled Himself,
becoming obedient to the point of death, yes, the death of the cross.

He intentionally took the form of a Servant by becoming a Man and subjected Himself to His Father and His will.

This will result in everyone confessing that Yeshua the Messiah is Adonai, to the glory of EL the Father. He has been glorified again after accomplishing His Father's will and our Salvation. He has forever proven the love and righteousness and justice of YAH by what He did.
Again, this passage is key to the discussion. He exited in the form of EL prior to His incarnation as a Man. He didn't consider His being equal with EL, which He is, a thing to be held on to. He emptied Himself by becoming a Man and the Servant of EL and our Savior. Being a Man He humbled Himself to the point of death on the cross in obedience to His Father Who raised Him to life again.

Then He returned to His Father and was glorified again and was exalted above all because of what He did. His Name is above every Name. The Holy Name which He shares with the Father means Eternal Word. The YAH means Eternal and the VAH means Word or Command. His Name means YAH is Salvation. All of creation will worship Him and confess that Yeshua the Messiah is Adonai to the Glory of EL the Father. He is glorified again with His Father's Glory that He shared with Him before becoming a Man to save us. He is YAH with us.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
I remember looking at a video explaining the Trinity.. and I liked the analogy of it being like us as 2d beings.. looking at a 3d being. We don't have the full understanding or view to be able to completely grasp it.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
One soup put into three separate bowls. It's not three different soups but one soup portioned into three containers. No one made the soup. The soup has always existed and the flavor cannot change.

achduke7

Oct 3, 2023
One soup put into three separate bowls. It's not three different soups but one soup portioned into three containers. No one made the soup. The soup has always existed and the flavor cannot change.
I see it as the Father is the Chef, the soup is the Spirit and Christ is the vessel.

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

E

evyaniy

Again, this passage is key to the discussion. He existed in the form of EL prior to His incarnation as a Man. He didn't consider His being equal with EL, which He is, a thing to be held on to. He emptied Himself by becoming a Man and the Servant of EL and our Savior. Being a Man He humbled Himself to the point of death on the cross in obedience to His Father Who raised Him to life again.

Then He returned to His Father and was glorified again and was exalted above all because of what He did. His Name is above every Name. The Holy Name which He shares with the Father means Eternal Word. The YAH means Eternal and the VAH means Word or Command. His Name means YAH is Salvation. All of creation will worship Him and confess that Yeshua the Messiah is Adonai to the Glory of EL the Father. He is glorified again with His Father's Glory that He shared with Him before becoming a Man to save us. He is YAH with us.
needed to correct the spelling of a word from exited to existed. fixed

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
[OP] "Subtle deception"
wattie said: A very pernicious and damaging doctrine gaining popularity at the moment is saying Jesus is lesser than the Father.
This attacks the heart of salvation through Jesus Christ as God and Saviour.
Your thoughts?
(I know this has been addressed before but I thought the need to highlight it again)
I wondered if anyone else was noticing this trend,(the one you mention in the OP). I have noticed for about the last year or so(maybe longer) that several of the new members seem to be "pretending to be" Christian but are beginning threads in the different forums seemingly with the intent of discrediting Christianity on the internet. Whoever they are Wicca, devil worshiper(who knows who) they seem to be infiltrating Christian forums in a flash mob type fashion. I thought it was just a few misguided persons at first but no I notice them in the family forms,singles,BDF, news ect.... Thanks @wattie I needed that,,that is I thought it was just me that was thinking this.
It seems to me a group(groups?),of unbelievers have decided to join the forum and are pretending to be Christians but making unchristian statements in hopes that anyone wondering about Christ(new comers) will read the threads and come to the conclusion that Christians are nuts, (war mongers, pedophiles, immoral ect.).. That is it seems that they are trying to fit in to so they can normalize discussions about promiscuous things.

All of this reminds me of an atheist discussion [board, post] I read some time back (I think it was from 2014, if memory serves--wish I'd copied it)... where one of them said to the other, something along the lines of, Wouldn't it be hilarious if we infiltrated the Christians' discussion boards posing as Christians, and endeavor to get them all confused and doubting what it is they thought they knew (about the Bible, God, Jesus, etc), and then, when we've gotten them all worn down and mixed up, at a strategic point in time we'll convince them that the rapture has taken place and we and they are all left behind. And we can laugh our heads off while watching them all freaking out about it.

Crazy... but would not put it past them / the ones plotting such a plan, to actually implement it.

:rolleyes:

[Step 1: study all of Bart E's (supposed) Bible Contradictions and memorize all of them... Step 2: ...]

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
[OP] "Subtle deception"

All of this reminds me of an atheist discussion [board, post] I read some time back (I think it was from 2014, if memory serves--wish I'd copied it)... where one of them said to the other, something along the lines of, Wouldn't it be hilarious if we infiltrated the Christians' discussion boards posing as Christians, and endeavor to get them all confused and doubting what it is they thought they knew (about the Bible, God, Jesus, etc), and then, when we've gotten them all worn down and mixed up, at a strategic point in time we'll convince them that the rapture has taken place and we and they are all left behind. And we can laugh our heads off while watching them all freaking out about it.

Crazy... but would not put it past them / the ones plotting such a plan, to actually implement it.

:rolleyes:

[Step 1: study all of Bart E's (supposed) Bible Contradictions and memorize all of them... Step 2: ...]
No suprise if they were doing that. Atheists and just secularism in general.. people will plan in their sleep.