Subway buckles to Islamic dietary concerns.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JustAnotherUser

There's this really cool method that I think they should try. It's called 'not ordering what they don't want'.

Which in my case, I will choose not to order anything from Subway. :D

Might as well add more to this 'wittiness' by saying that their motto of "Eat Fresh" is a lie. One can get sick from their meat...

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Buckle under strong demand ? Companies are in the business of making a profit. They have chosen to cater for a market. The subway around the corner probably not. If they lose money they reverse the decision quickly. It is called supply and demand.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Buckle under strong demand ? Companies are in the business of making a profit. They have chosen to cater for a market. The subway around the corner probably not. If they lose money they reverse the decision quickly. It is called supply and demand.
Capitulation by any other name is still capitulation.
Why not serve both?

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Why not serve both?
That is a question best directed to subway. There are restaurants in Melbourne that serve chicken to Muslims. They also have bacon on the menu. It is a matter of making sure they are separated.

Dec 26, 2012
Why not serve both?
Is it possible because they don't sell enough to justify having it on the menu in the first place? They are dealing with perishables that do have a limited shelf life. If they end up throwing too much away it costs more money then it's worth.

By the way it's no different then Subway also having Kosher stores catering to Jews.

Eat fresh, eat kosher: Subway the largest U.S. kosher restaurant chain

“There are very few JCCs that run successful food establishments,” says Eric Koehler, director of the JCC of Northern Virginia, which has never provided food services in its building. “In this economy, it doesn’t make sense to have something that loses $20,000 to $30,000 a year.”
That’s why the Mandel JCC in Cleveland rented space to the country’s first kosher Subway in May 2006. The center had offered only kosher dining options since it opened in 1986, but none lasted very long. When Michael Hyman arrived in 2004 as the center’s new director, he closed the building’s last struggling cafe without knowing whether he could replace it.
In stepped Ghazi Faddoul, a Lebanese Christian who had opened 100 Subways in Cleveland and was willing to give kosher a try with the clout of a global chain behind him.
Ham and bacon were removed from the menu, the “cheese” is made of soy, and the Seafood Sensation sandwich is filled with imitation crab. Two microwaves and toaster ovens ensure that fish and meat are kept separate, a consideration for more observant Jews. There is a full-time mashgiach, or kosher supervisor, and the restaurant is closed on Shabbat.

Eat fresh, eat kosher: Subway the largest U.S. kosher restaurant chain | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Problem is there is a quiet take over in place, one no one wants to admit, and just by bringing this up I am going to branded a racist thug by a large percentage of people.

There are a number of towns and cities in the UK where Muslims are well on way to making them 100% Islamic. Bradford is one example Already the West of Bradford has been turned into 100% Muslim and the last of the non-muslims are finding out just what Islam is like when it reaches a near 100% population in a region or area, we only have to look at Nigera and Sudan to see this in action on a national level.

Therefore it is not surprising that Subways located in the nearly 100% Islamic population areas are then removing the objectionable items from the menu. Head office proberbly noticed they are hardly selling any ham and bacon in those stores and have no problem with removing it from the menu.

THis is really a non-story, well the real story is how Islam is getting a foot hold in the UK, the number of babies born to Muslims in past few years equals that of White British couples, yet Muslims only make up less than 10% of the population.

The West ignore long term population wars, UK has for many years made this easier for Muslims to play with open door policy on immigration. Everyone in MIddle East and Asia understand this, the old Soviet Union even understood the need to play population game, they gave incentives, rewards and even medals to women giving birth to large number of children. Israel also has a similar policy in place.

Nov 26, 2012
Isn't Prince William Muslim?

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Isn't Prince William Muslim?
There are rumours his mum became a Muslim while dating a Muslim but they are only rumours.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Problem is there is a quiet take over in place, one no one wants to admit, and just by bringing this up I am going to branded a racist thug by a large percentage of people.

There are a number of towns and cities in the UK where Muslims are well on way to making them 100% Islamic. Bradford is one example Already the West of Bradford has been turned into 100% Muslim and the last of the non-muslims are finding out just what Islam is like when it reaches a near 100% population in a region or area, we only have to look at Nigera and Sudan to see this in action on a national level.

Therefore it is not surprising that Subways located in the nearly 100% Islamic population areas are then removing the objectionable items from the menu. Head office proberbly noticed they are hardly selling any ham and bacon in those stores and have no problem with removing it from the menu.

THis is really a non-story, well the real story is how Islam is getting a foot hold in the UK, the number of babies born to Muslims in past few years equals that of White British couples, yet Muslims only make up less than 10% of the population.

The West ignore long term population wars, UK has for many years made this easier for Muslims to play with open door policy on immigration. Everyone in MIddle East and Asia understand this, the old Soviet Union even understood the need to play population game, they gave incentives, rewards and even medals to women giving birth to large number of children. Israel also has a similar policy in place.
Along with secularism comes low birth rate. The atheist birth rate is far lower than the theist. In Australia the government were paying people thousands of dollars a baby to get the birth rate up. People are chasing their dreams and careers and not really interested in starting the next generation until they hit their late thirties.

The atheist journalist for the linked in article below, has similar concerns to you except he is worried that the Christian birth rate is much higher than an atheist.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/e...raceptive-pill-is-secularisms-cyanide-tablet/

Nov 26, 2012
There are rumours his mum became a Muslim while dating a Muslim but they are only rumours.
I know I read it somewhere, but you can't believe everything you read. Otherwise I might have asked, "Isn't Prince William a reptilian, cloned from Christ's DNA, antichrist, Muslim?

Feb 21, 2014
In parts of London, England, Jews have succeeded in altering local bylaws so that women can wear only certain types of clothes in the street.

I don't hear the people commenting loudly about the supposed 'threat' of Moslems in England, also commenting loudly about the supposed 'threat' of Jews on local bylaws.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
In parts of London, England, Jews have succeeded in altering local bylaws so that women can wear only certain types of clothes in the street.

I don't hear the people commenting loudly about the supposed 'threat' of Moslems in England, also commenting loudly about the supposed 'threat' of Jews on local bylaws.
How did the Jews succeed in that and what is your source?

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
I know I read it somewhere, but you can't believe everything you read. Otherwise I might have asked, "Isn't Prince William a reptilian, cloned from Christ's DNA, antichrist, Muslim?
As I said they are only rumours

Dec 18, 2013
Yup and that's why Subway pulled pork from its locations in Britain. If Britons really want their greasy pork sandwiches, let the Britons boycott or complain to Subway. Way I see it rather than supply and demand (for supply is ample) it is rather an issue of demand side economics and also marketting. Heh and we can see how this marketting ploy may have backfired a bit too.

This comment reminded me of good study in Modern International Business but of a positive success example in business demand and marketting. That example is the growth in popularity of Yum Foods KFC and Pizaa Hut in China has taken off over the past few years. In America we are familiar with the Colonel as you go through the drive through, pick up a bucket of chicken, go home and eat. In China KFC and Pizza Hut is more formal and has different menus, more formal interior decor, etc. of course and the company has modelled around the market to great success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS-OtjLf4IE
[video=youtube;kS-OtjLf4IE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS-OtjLf4IE[/video]

Subway by contrast with this latest News and example of course is merely trying to look culturally open-minded to play at the Brit liberals and the growing muslim community and ex-muslim community that doesn't like pork to maximize profit and compete against its competitors. Heh and as we can see backfired on them though because while ironically trying to look religiously open-minded to gain customers they put the emphasis on Islam and thus making the appearance of favoring one religion over the other thus agitating liberals and conservatives of many other religions.

Nov 30, 2012
There's this really cool method that I think they should try. It's called 'not ordering what they don't want'.

Which in my case, I will choose not to order anything from Subway. :D

Might as well add more to this 'wittiness' by saying that their motto of "Eat Fresh" is a lie. One can get sick from their meat...
Realize that many Jews also cannot eat at Subway since the food is often stored together, which makes even the Kosher foodstuffs become unclean according to the Law of Moses. So, while I see the argument of "Really? Come on, not everyone is Muslim." I can see the problem for both Muslims and Jews.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012

If this was on snopes it would be a red/ green. Part of what you say is right, but it is misleading.

FOr starters, no bye-laws were changed, no laws what so ever have been amended. What you are thinking of is the setting up of an Eruv, this is a zone which moderates Sabbath laws. The Largest Eruv was set up in Manchester earlier this year, the biggest in UK. it uses existing boundaries and natural boundaries, where there is a break in the natural boundary, a wire suspended above 12 foot pole is used.

FOr this planning permision from 3 councils had to be obtained, which has nothing to do with bye-laws or change to any law in the UK.