such shame

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 10, 2012
oh the shame of it all...being a sinner...I am totally deserving of God's full fury and the punishment of hell forever

B

Bjornke

As are we all, but if we find refuge under His wings, and grace through His blood, we can be saved if we confess and believe in Him who came to earth and shed His Holy blood for our sakes. The Love of Christ triumphs all, and is given freely with love to anyone who accepts it.

O

OFM

ps.91,27,23,63,40,51,46,116,100,121,62.

G

GreenNnice

oh the shame of it all...being a sinner...I am totally deserving of God's full fury and the punishment of hell forever
We all are.
But God sent His Son to save us from our sin, our shame, our suffering, to bring us great peace that abounds all human thought, knowing that when Christ beat Satan up on that cross He changed our mode of being and going, through this life and unto ever death our 'rest' with God, at first, 'spiritedly' living, (in heaven, if we die before rapture that is where our spirit and soul go, Isaiah 42:5 ) and, then, later on, when Christ descends in timeafter for Rapture,then we are with Him on a new Earth. :)

We are imputed with the righteousness of Christ, after having received Him unto us, in word and Spirit, carol, and, there is NOTHING that can shame us of our guilt of sins because Christ's precious blood on the cross COVERS every sin we done, do, will EVER do on earth. We are His, those that want to be, those who choose to live in grace, understanding His great mercy, and, seeking Him for all they do, bringing glory to the one who Loves them, whom they also so shall Love with all their heart, mind, body, soul, spirit :)

Sep 10, 2012
what must I do to receive forgiveness from God for my sins?

Sep 10, 2012
yes turning from sins is what I am to do...that means to repent...turn to God in love and turn from my sins...do I only have to do it the once?

O

OFM

see;
john3:16-17 Romans 1:16-17,1st jn.14:1-6 John 15 all of it. John 10:10. 1st John 5:9-13 , 1st john 1:7-10.

Jul 12, 2012
yes turning from sins is what I am to do...that means to repent...turn to God in love and turn from my sins...do I only have to do it the once?
heheh, I guess that depends on how seriously you turned away.
Me personally? Every day on some matters, others are far behind me.
(having said that, I stop now for a moment and pray "lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil", lest I boast of myself instead of YHWH)

A perpetual endeavor. An intent in the front of the mind.
(turn away as in: see it coming and resist temptation, abhor it more and more each time)
We all still mess up. But we can at least intend not to, which is a greater thing than it sounds like.
We do have a thing called mercy. Thank God in the truest sense of the phrase.

Feb 11, 2012
Lets all review what real repentance and faith is, throw out all you learned from your favorite bible scholar or ministry!

But you have obeyed from the heart
Rom 6:17 But thanks be to our God that you were the slaves of sin, but you have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.
Many today will say its right and good to obey God, but we clearly cannot obey Him as He commands, and others in high profile ministries will teach following and obeying Jesus isn’t the gospel!
Now who is right? God or man?
IF you are still a slave to sin and disobedience, and thinking this is the normal Christian experience, then you are still a slave and IN bondage to sin mocking what Jesus did on the cross to set you free once and for all from the corrupting influences of sin and the devil!
1Jn 3:8 He who practices(produces) sin is of the Devil, for the Devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was revealed, that He might undo the works of the Devil.
1Jn 3:9 Everyone who has been born of God does not commit sin, because His seed remains in him, and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Those who are born of God, do not continue in sin, and why? Because they repented, came broken before the mercy seat of God, in all humility and contriteness, now with a purified and crucified heart, they can obey God in all sincerity, purity and love, which is the purpose of the command!

Now you must obey from your heart, and keep obeying the word of God, which must be made pure through repentance! 2 Corinthians 7-11.

Apart from this kind of faith (obedience) and walking the purified and crucified life unto Christ, and trusting in His great strength, over the temptations of the devil, is all vanity, and has no power over sin, temptation and the devil!

Heb 9:14 how much more shall the blood of Christ (who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God) purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Now IF you obey the doctrine of godliness, now having been delivered from the godless life you once lived, it will all make sense to you, as ALL the scriptures must harmonize together!

But how can you know this IF you do not dig deep, look beyond the reformed errors that get you saved in sin, not out of them at some time in the future, and seek the truth with all your strength and diligence!

Remember the truth will set you free, and you are a slave to whom you obey, so if you obey from your heart as commanded, then you will be a slave to righteousness (doing what is right) but the choice is in your will, as to whether you will repent and crucify your flesh, Galatians 5-24, or stay in your sins, falling into willful, presumptions sins that lead to death and hardness of the heart.

Obedience does matter, it’s a privilege and an honor to obey God, BUT you simply cannot do it, unless you do your first works, Rev 2-5, and come to Him cleansed and purged by the blood of Christ, from all dead works!

Sep 10, 2012
may it be said that as humans with sinful natures we cannot obey God through Jesus by our own strength and power but only through the working of the Holy spirit can we be cleansed of our sins and as the Holy Spirit works through us we are able to perfectly obey Christ..it is Christ working in us that makes us obedient..it is not of ourselves but of Him..do we continue to sin...yes we do as we are sinners till the day we die...but do we remain in our sins or do we turn to God in love and keep turning from our sins? yes we do as we continue to repent...every time we sin we grieve the Holy Spirit within us

Dec 19, 2009
The Lord’s discipline is fair. No one is disciplined forever for a sin.

W

weakness

Be baptized into Christ death =dead and be made new by Christ dwelling in you. that make you totally undeserving of the penalty we all deserve . and totally deserving of the riches of our inheritance in Christ Jesus

A

Abiding

i find im undeserving of the riches and deserving of the penalty.
Good thing by His mercy i was accepted in the beloved.