Suggestions Anyone? :)

• Thread starter everystrangerisafriend
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

everystrangerisafriend

Hi! Trying to update my playlist...
Would love to hear suggestions of good artists and songs
Any genre will suffice :)
secular or praise music

thanks people! <3

R

richie_2uk

Try listening to Graham Kendrick, and or Godfrey Birtill

T

Tintin

Nightwish
Florence and the Machine
Lindsey Stirling
P.O.D (Christian)
Flyleaf (Christian)
Eisley (Christian)

E

everystrangerisafriend

Will check them all out :D
Thanks guys!

F

FAITHFULGILLIAN

Norah Jones has a rich, expressive voice.

yac11

Mar 24, 2013
Citizen Way...."Should of been me" great Christian song!

T

Tintin

Regina Spektor - songs vary from quirky/meaningful to just plain quirky. She's a lot of fun but there are a few themes at times.

Jeshuvan

Pastor
Staff member
Apr 15, 2012
Hi,try Pradhana Music,these musicians r American but play music in English and Indian languages.They r great playing Zitar and tabala,which is percussion instrument.Amen gbu john

O

OceanGrl

I've been listening to OneRepublic lately and The Script, so I totally suggest them both.

E

everystrangerisafriend

Thanks guys... currently listening to them :D

I

Ilovecoffee

Robin Mark; he's a songwriter/worship leader in Northern Ireland. Great melodies and lyrics

I

Iluv_Jesus

Darrel Evans, Lenny Le Blanc, Don Moen, Amy Grant. Good artists. Love their music. Hope you'll like em too.

Jul 21, 2013
I second the suggestion for Lindsey Stirling, and if u like her in gonna say check out Two Cellos, The Piano Guys, and the Dallas String Quartet.

For Christian Music:
Worship: anything coming out of bethel ministries I.e. I love their Loft Sessions

josh Garrels= fun and funky

Beautiful eulogy =poetic ( and anything through humble beast if you like rap/spoken word )

Non Christian:

My currently on repeats are Of Monsters and Men, Muse, Ghostland Observatory, and Norah Jones, but I'm 31, lol so some of those are older but good ;)

Yowie

Aug 31, 2013
16 Horsepower
Zao
Living Sacrifice
Further Seems Forever
Embodimet
Flyleaf

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
My Epic

great songwriting; Christ-centered, intelligent progressive rock.

EDIT:
2nd Josh Garrels -- his is a poppy sort of style that i'm usually not into, but his music is smart & captivating. his voice reminds me a lot of Tracy Chapman, but his music has a sort of world-beat pop sensibility to it, not limited to the folksiness of Mme Chapman, and he's not a secular artist.

Last edited: