suicidal depressed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lif807

Jul 5, 2013
Life seems hopeless, I am extremely depressed and suicidal. But I'm afraid to die. I'm afraid of non existence, but foremost of hell. I really have no support structure and in the Cleveland Oh area there seem to be no church resources to fall back on for emotional and spiritual crisis support. I don't know what to do--your prayers and thoughts are appreciated.

G

Hi I felt the same way please keep praying he is listening

E

Exoaria

I'm often afraid to die, and whenever I've thought about these kinds of things I am rendered completely unable to fathom a way out.
Don't be afraid of hell, because you only go there if you want to. It's simply separation from God, it's not somewhere that you get "sent" - you only go there if you choose to go there and you obviously desire Jesus.
It takes a while to see that the way forward is through looking towards Jesus, though.
Often you think that Jesus is just the way into heaven and everything on this earth is just pointless waiting until you get there, and get to be at peace.
God has a plan for you.

Matthew 14:29-31
“Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”

Don't drown in situations that you could have been walking on. Focus on Jesus, don't stop to look at the waves. Begin to pray to Jesus not as a distant and far away being, but see Him in front of you as your best friend willing to pull you through.

Two good preachers for what you're going through are TD Jakes and Joseph Prince.
You can find most of their teachings on YouTube.

I'm praying for you, seek out the Christ in your situation.