Suicide - Forgivable?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Consumed

as with any question - refer to His Word

Scripture says we arent to say who is going where - heaven nor hell

A

Abiding

true but Paul wrote a list of things that couldnt seperate us from the love of God
and it was fully inclusive.

Jun 24, 2010
Ps 37:25 I have been young, and now am old ; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken , nor his seed begging bread.

Those that take their own life have forsaken the right way and God has promised to never leave us or forsake us (Heb 13:5). It does not look good for those that commit suicide. They have taken and sold their own birth right by taking their own life. We may entertain and have thoughts of ending our life as believers as we go through trying times of depression and discouragement, but we are never forsaken by the Lord. Saul did not take his own life in the heat of battle by falling upon his own sword, he was mortally wounded and it was time for him to face death with his son Jonanthan in the face of a lost battle.

Aug 18, 2011
You cannot pray for those already dead, nor can you ask for repentance once dead.

W

wwjd_kilden

if I swear, and then die before repenting, do i go to hell?.... it would be the same logic as many use about suicide ...

Aug 18, 2011
There is no excuse for those who commit suicide none at all. There will be absolutely no hope for those who do so. I guess Job should have committed suicide when his family died, King David when his son was chasing to kill him and all the armies. I guess all the Jews who were to be fed to lions should have committed suicide to escape such a death, there is no excuse for those who commit suicide. People in the days of old went through a thousands times worse than what most people go through today yet not took their life. I am not going to sweeten things, simply put you kill yourself you go to hell. Those who lie and say if you knew God yet took your life but will still go to heaven, is of the devil. Avoid such.

Aug 18, 2011
What your pastors forget to tell people is that if you "willfully" sin God will no longer forgive you. Hebrews 10:26"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins," This is why the "so call" Christian church is so messed up, is because pastors do not tell the people these things.

I

Israel

What your pastors forget to tell people is that if you "willfully" sin God will no longer forgive you. Hebrews 10:26"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins," This is why the "so call" Christian church is so messed up, is because pastors do not tell the people these things.
They do not tell them because it is wrong. Have you willfully sinned after taking in the knowledge of the truth.

Jesus forgave because of lack of knowledge.

There is only one sin worthy of death. And it cannot be committed by those who do not believe. To blasphemy the Spirit is to say that God is unable to forgive ANY sin by man.