suicide

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jerusalem

Hebrews 4:15 for we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one that has been tempted in every way, just as we are- yet was without sin.vs16 let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Deut. 30:19 this day i call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that i have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. NOW CHOSE LIFE, so that you and your children may live

D

Dine_wit_Me

Hebrews 4:15 for we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one that has been tempted in every way, just as we are- yet was without sin.vs16 let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Deut. 30:19 this day i call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that i have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. NOW CHOSE LIFE, so that you and your children may live

Even in the story of Job...he desired to die..but never did he curse God...he said to his wife....shall God give us good and not evil after she told him to curse God and die...every thing under the sun happened to him..and its in God's word for a reason..cause God knew that many of us would experience horrible trials in life..and that the story will surely give encouragement to run this christian race til death do we part from this earth.

My daughter tried to take her life....I prayed like I never prayed before, that God would spare her life...like Job, I desired to die because the pain she was feeling was so heavy....I laid in bed and asked God to put me to sleep for good..cause I felt it was too much to bear...but here I am...daughter is doing very well...I really understood what she was going through...God allowed me to catch a glimpse of her experience....basically what I saw was she struggled to accept the fact that she didn't have a father, she also has a handicap...she is very talented with gifts given from on high...but has compared herself to all others rather than comparing her character to our Heavenly Father....this is what happens to most...God says, If u ask anything in my name...He will give according to His will..but we want the happiness we think others have....if we only knew the cross each was bearing...would we want to b like them?....Only God can sustain us in every way...Is anything too hard for God...nope..we just have to look to Jesus..the author and finisher of our faith...but also..we r the Jesus on this earth to many who r not familiar with Him...so we must tread lightly when it comes to the fragile heart of humanity...truly seeking the Holy Spirit as to how to deal with such individuals...some so deeply entrenched like the demonic man that sit at the foot of Jesus after the evil spirits were cast out....Sin is our own doing..so we must ask our self....how did we get to this point in our lives..even when it comes to idol worship...this we don't give much thought to. Our first failure is turning away from God to seek our own way...the way that seems right..but the end thereof r the ways of death God says...from Lucifer on down to this day and time in which we live...but we can have a bit of heaven on this earth..but its all about how bad we want a relationship of obedience to our Heavenly Father...or our own way.

P

Patrickh122

[h=1]Suicide - What does the Bible say?[/h]There are six people who the Bible records as having committed suicide. Judas Iscariot is the most famous (Matthew 27:5), but Abimelech (Judges 9:54), Saul (1 Samuel 31:4), Saul's armor-bearer (1 Samuel 31:4-6), Ahithophel (2 Samuel 17:23) and Zimri (1 Kings 16:18) also committed suicide. We know for a fact that five of them were ungodly, wicked men, and there isn't enough information about the sixth— Saul's armor-bearer to make a determination about his character. Samson is also sometimes considered a suicide (Judges 16:26-31), but since Samson's goal was to kill the Philistines, rather than himself, it is doubtful whether Samson's death could be considered a true suicide. Suicide is essentially "self-murder" and murder is a sin, outlawed in the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:13).

Having said that, we must add that murder, suicide, or any other sin is not the deciding factor regarding salvation. A person's eternal security is determined by, and only by, their relationship to Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-9). If a person who is unsaved commits suicide, they have simply sent themselves to eternal punishment faster than they would have gone had they died a natural death. Regardless, they will be in hell only because they have rejected Christ, not because they have committed suicide. But what if a Christian commits suicide? Can this happen?

The Bible says that when we are in Christ, our salvation is guaranteed because His Spirit dwells in us (2 Corinthians 5:5). That same Spirit is put into the hearts of all those who believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16; 1 John 5:13). The Bible also makes it quite clear inRomans 8:38-39 that nothing can separate a Christian from Christ's love, not even suicide. If no "created thing" can separate us from the love of God, as the verse says, then no person (not even our own selves) can separate us from His love by any act that we do including suicide. A Christian will exhibit the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22) and will be protected from sin as they abide in Christ (John 15:4). However, if a Christian falls and commits the terrible sin of suicide, that sin would still be covered by Jesus' blood.

Christians are not immune to the despair that leads to suicide; the enemy is a great deceiver (John 8:44) who wants us to forget that victory is ours in Christ (John 16:33). Still, suicide is a very serious sin againt the Creator. There is no circumstance which justifies a person, especially a Christian, to take his or her own life. We are supposed to die to ourselves, not kill ourselves. Sorrow over our sins or mistakes should lead us to repentance rather than self-harm so that we can be restored and not destroyed, for it is God's heart to repair and restore that which is broken (Psalm 51:17;Isaiah 42:3;Matthew 12:20). Even when things look incredibly bleak and hopeless, we must trust that what His word says is true: "Surely there is a future, and your hope will not be cut off" (Proverbs 23:18).

Read more:Suicide - What does the Bible say?

mystic7

Jul 27, 2013
A few years ago a brother was in Japan for a student exchange program with twenty other students from other countries from the Pacific region.In one session a panal of educational experts stated one the major problems in Japan is the high number of suicide among their students.A problem which they cannot solve but as they studied the Pacific region.they noticed the statistics over a vast region the numbers were very low to nothing.They stated this was a phenomenon and asked how/what was the answer.One student reach into his bag, pulled out the Bible, raised it high and said "this is our answer,Jesus Christ is our Lord & Saviour,He is our strenghth,our hope,our God".One of the "experts" informed the students,in their studies of the Pacific region they have heard of this "book" always spoken of. He asked the question "do you mean to tell me every student in this room has this "book".Then every student from twenty different countries from the pacific region reached into their bags and from various shapes and sizes,raised their Bibles high.They experts were dumbstruck and for the next hour,one student preached to them of Jesus
People commit suicide because they have lost Hope but Gods Word says:psalms 22:9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.Psalms 31:24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.
Gods original plan for man was to fellowship with him.Unfortunately through the deceitfulness of satan (the destroyer of life) man was lost.Jesus can back to give life back to man again but on one condition; John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
The condition is "Belief"
Suicide is unbelief thus sin.It is not Gods divine purpose for His created being to lose Hope and take its own life Jesus came to give life
Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

4j

cntemplate on better things not thisplease

A

Adinah

cntemplate on better things not thisplease
If a person is so depressed they're contemplating suicide, I imagine the last thing they're worried about is if doing so is a sin or not. To contemplate suicide is about despair. To despair is beyond caring about what happens to you.

A

Adinah

Suicide Is not the answer, it makes things alot worse
Well, it makes you dead. That's about it. Can't change your mind after you're dead. Christ wants you to live.

B

blessdani

Suicide is a sin......according to me it's the most "cowardly" act on earth.....a friend of mine committed suicide because she got pregnant by premarital sex....many of my friends still hail her as a daredevil....but I'd rather give it all unto God and let Him lead my way....than to destroy this temple of God become it's time and burn in hell...after all, no problem on earth with God near us is worse than being in hell all alone....:)

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Suicide is a sin......according to me it's the most "cowardly" act on earth.....a friend of mine committed suicide because she got pregnant by premarital sex....many of my friends still hail her as a daredevil....but I'd rather give it all unto God and let Him lead my way....than to destroy this temple of God become it's time and burn in hell...after all, no problem on earth with God near us is worse than being in hell all alone....:)
praying you do not ever have your time of stinking thinking so bad that you can contemplate suicide yourself? One's that have never had troubles that beset them just do not understand that sort of stinking thinking that brings forth the suicide emotions.

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

And Emotions are used in the steal, kill, and destroy

B

blessdani

yea....I've had that thinking plenty of times.....the first time when I was 8.....but the fact that God is near me no matter what has helped me all those times :)

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
yea....I've had that thinking plenty of times.....the first time when I was 8.....but the fact that God is near me no matter what has helped me all those times :)
I like your Mantra, we just do not always see that. When one hits bottom, no place left to go but either sideways or back up in the decision to finally just trust God. and rise back up, knowing God has God has got your back, sides and front in trusting God

And me as well, but not all have seen nor stopped in the midst of their adversity, and have fallen through to doing it. We say to have compassion, and give notice to the other, when I have seen that fail many times in the past.
And seen when what looks as if I do not care for you the one about to commit suicide, in giving them that free will to do it, yet asking them to consider things like what if you don't succeed and become a vegetable or something like that? Are you good with your maker?, you have a talk with you and your maker, I am going home now, and in the morning if you want to get clean and sober and are ready to check yourself in to a rehab center. I will be at home, you call and let me know, if you do not, I pray you are well between God and you.
And they made the call and are clean and sober to this day loving life as God truly intended for us to, no matter what circumstance we are in.