Suicide

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

whtsti

I know people have worse problems than me, I think I just have a low pain tolerance and no drive to fix things. My wife of twenty years left, my oldest kid has spoken to me in a year, my youngest moved back in with her mom and got pregnant then had a miscarriage, my father passed away. Got remarried because I was lonely, thats not working out. I've thought about suicide everyday now for a year, it was difficult to imagine at first, but now its easy to think about and the possibility of acting on it is great. I'm not sure why I'm doing this, I guess I just wanted someone to know, I do believe in Jesus, I'm just not sure why things have worked out this way. Pray for my only joy in life, my youngest daughter that she'll understand.

Oct 22, 2009
Father God right now in the name of Jesus I ask you to come by and touch this brother lord he is hurting and God he needs a peace that passeth all understanding and I speak that peace to come into his life lord i pray that you will move in this situation God and that you will minister to this family send this oldest kid back to his dad. Lord I know this dad is hurt but right now in the name of Jesus I bind the spirit of suicide and I cast it back to the pits of hell.. I bind up satan and every demon in hell that may try to come against my brother and i cast it to the pits of hell you have no power you have no authority over this brother or his family this is God's child and you dont mess with God's children... I rebuke you satan in the name of JESUS loose your power loose your hold now in the name of Jesus ... i speak joy into your life i speak a peace that passeth all understanding.. receive it now in the name of jesus rebuke satan cast him to the pits of hell... Satan i bind you up in the name of jesus christ.... You cannot have my brother you cant have anything that does not belong to you this brother belongs to the kingdom of god and you cant touch him... so GO in the name of jesus.... Lord be with this brother show him that you love him show him your power show him just what you can do Father God.. In jesus name i pray... AMEN

Brother dont you dare let the devil lie to you... He has lied for you for too long and its time you go and take back what satans stolen from you.. Take it back in jesus name.. the bible clearly says that we have authority over the devil.. Command him to leave.. Rebuke him.. take back what doesnt belong to him.. take your family back in jesus name, get your joy back get your peace back in the name of jesus... Satan has played around with your mind to long he has lied to you... He is the father of all lies... I bind him in Jesus name get your hands off of my brother and off of his family NOW in jesus name i command you to go and to flee and to never return... Brother when satan comes at you when those thoughts come at you you see the spirit of suicide is a demon... when these demons come at you you command them in jesus name to leave... keep speaking the name of jesus the bible says satan and his legion of demons have to flee at the name of jesus.. they tremble because there is power in that name.. its the name above all names... The bible says "Get thee behind me satan" tell him to get thee hit in jesus name.. You can do it brother.. i have faith in you. you have authority over the devil so use it... I pray that you will feel a peace now in Jesus name... receive it brother.. just receive it...

i will continue to pray for you and i am here anytime you need me...

Just let it all go.. give your burdens to jesus.. they are not your's to bare.. you cant carry these burdens give it all to him you will feel much better..

i love you brother,
Miss. Brittany Danielle

Feb 9, 2009
Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." God is soo there. He's ready to hear your every word every thought everything you feel. Cry out to Him and be still and know that He is God and that HE is in control. Remember the story about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and how He delivered them out of the fiery furnace in Daniel chapter 3. God can help you with all things in life. Not just some things. Pray about this. Pray in faith without ceasing seeking His will for your life and what God wants of you.

P

peekaboo

Re suicide
Choosing to die is not the answer even though it seems a way out. I"ve been there myself. Have you tried to talk to a counselor make sure he or she is a a Christian. The advise I have been given is to PRAISE GOD IN EVERYTHING!! no matter how you feel just THANK HIM even for all the little things that are good in your life just wake up in the morning and first thing you say ALOUD is THANK YOU LORD. and continue for the rest of the day. It is amazing how quickly you will start to feel better and happier in yourself. Forgiving the people that hurt you could also help, remember you don't condone what they have done just forgive them in your heart, now that takes a bit of work i know , but GOD FORGAVE US OUR SINS . Please try it GOD LOVES YOU and HE promises to never leave you nor forsake you. I really found being thankful to God no matter my circumstances or how i felt really worked.

GOD BLESS YOU

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I have faced this in m life also. I want you to hang on to Jesus. He will bring you through this. It can take time but the reward of faith is worth it.
Also your children will not understand, all that they will know is that you are gone and that will be with them for a long time. If for anything hold on for their sake for now. Make it about them not you. Then see a counceler about this. I know it seems like you cannot make it through another day but try. You can always give up another day, but once you give up there are no more days. Please hang on to your faith in Jesus. I will pray for you as long as you need.
God bless, pickles

C

concernedguy

I know people have worse problems than me, I think I just have a low pain tolerance and no drive to fix things. My wife of twenty years left, my oldest kid has spoken to me in a year, my youngest moved back in with her mom and got pregnant then had a miscarriage, my father passed away. Got remarried because I was lonely, thats not working out. I've thought about suicide everyday now for a year, it was difficult to imagine at first, but now its easy to think about and the possibility of acting on it is great. I'm not sure why I'm doing this, I guess I just wanted someone to know, I do believe in Jesus, I'm just not sure why things have worked out this way. Pray for my only joy in life, my youngest daughter that she'll understand.

There are many things we do not understand but God will use them to do good to us.

I understand the loneliness. It can be over whelming at times. But remarrying without seeking God's
guidance wasn't a good idea. I don't know if you were not seeking God's guidance just that you said you
remarried due to loneliness and not God's guidance.

Everyone in your life has a free will and it seems most of the time makes the wrong decisions and those
wrong decisions by those we love hurt those that love them. I suggest you work on your relationship
with Christ and get stronger. If those you care about come to you once their problems get bigger
than they are, you won't be able to help them if you are weak.

After reading your post, it dawned on me how God's loneliness and the pain in His heart must be billions
of times greater than what you feel or any of us have felt. To us, its just a few we know that are
making wrong decisions that are causing us pain. But to God, billions of people across time have made
the decision to reject God. This must cause God great pain.

The best thing I have found to do in my times of trouble is to study God's Word. He will talk to you and
heal you. He wants you to be whole but He won't help us unless we ask Him to. Pray to him several times
a day. God said if we would bring our problems to Him, He would heal us.

At this point in time, the devil can make you think things are impossible. And they are - if you are using
only your strength instead of calling on the Power of Your Heavenly Father that loves you. If satan can
keep you from calling on God's Power, satan knows he can defeat you.

Troubles are in everyone's life. The difference is how you deal with those problems. A lost person can
only suffer while being lost in confusion about what to do. A child of God knows God is there just
waiting to help. God knows the way when we stumble. God is the Light when we only see darkness.
God has a plan when we are confused and wondering. God has a blessing of Power that overcomes
all when we feel defeated.

God is your answer. God is your only answer.

You must choose if you know these two things and call on God's Power to over come or ignore these
two things and empower satan to rule you.

Will you fight the good fight and grow closer to God? Or, ignore God's Power He has imparted to you to
over come and wallow in the defeat that satan offers?

Choose God. You will understand as He will make it clear to you in His time.

B

bluebutterfly

Brother the devil is a liar!

Lord I ask of you to lift this brother up send peace with him father, I bind every lie that tries to come against him in Jesus name. Lord I ask of you to send him peace speak to his heart speak to him in dreams tonight even in visions Lord.

Amen.

Do not lie Satan lie to you he is a big fat liar, God's word is truth and truth it is God is not a God that lies. God be with you brother and Jesus loves you.

C

Cako53

Father, we thank you for all you have done, and even though we deserve the cruelest of punishments, you are a merciful God, we come before you with a need. I ask that you would touch this brothers heart, that you would drive out these perverse thoughts, that I might not understand what he is going through, but that you would heal him. I know that if we have faith the size of a mustard seed we can move mountains, you are the Healer, anything is possible through Christ who gives us strength. Help this brother get himself fixed up so that he could be a walking testimony for you, that he could use his story to touch the countless others that deal with depression and other things. Father we ask this in your holy name. Amen.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fayxh8Uqes0[/video]

A

angel43

HEY BROTHER!!! GOD IS SOOO GOOD, I ALMOST LOST A NEPHEW AND 15 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER TO SUICIDE IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS, DUE TO A SISTER OF MINE BEING KILLED IN A CAR ACCIDENT, IT DEVASTATED THE WHOLE FAMILY, EVERY DAY IS HEARTACHE FOR US, WE MISS HER SO MUCH, BUT MAYBE HER TIME WAS UP, MAYBE IT WASNT, WE COULD ONLY GO ON LIVING, SHE DIDNT CHEAT DEATH, BUT BY KILLING YOURSELF YOU ARE, I AM SORRY I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND YOU OR ANYONE, BUT GOD HAS A PLAN AND PURPOSE FOR YOU, A HUGE ONE, SUICIDE IS NOT ONE OF THEM. WHY IS MY NEPHEW AND DAUGHTER STILL HERE, THER TIME WAS NOT UP, AND GOD HAD BIGGER AND BETTER PLANS FOR THEM, GOD WILL LET US GO PEACEFULLY, WHEN HE SAYS, NOT SOMTHING SO HORRIFIC AS SUICIDE, YOU WITH ME, SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO LOSE ALL TO BE ALL THAT GOD WANTS US TO BE, MAYBE YOU CAN GET COUNSELING THRU YOUR LOCAL CHURCH, OR SPEAK TO YOUR PASTOR, BUT PLEASE C SOMEBODY,AND HANG ON TO GOD, GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE

D

dee133

I understand your pain and loneliness. I have battled what you are feeling off and on for years. Do you know what the root is? It is anger. It is anger turned inward. It is unworthiness and hopelessness. I get it. I've been there. I find help through crying out to God because he understands and sees it all, and I wait. I wait for God to renew my hope and take away all the negative feelings. He has done this time after time. I may never be "cured" but this is the antidote. I find a secluded spot (usually my bedroom or bathroom) and I cry and poured it all out to God, and then I wait for Him to make it better. He has always given me hope. Once, when my daughter was in a pickle (and I mean a real pickle) I blamed myself and plunged deep into depression. I felt like a total failure and like I couldn't go on and if I did, what would be the use? I cried out to God all night in my bed. The next morning a huge bouqet of flowers came with 2 one hundred dollar bills in the envelope that read, "It's nice to get flowers." I went to the florist and they couldn't remember the order being placed. Two weeks later, the same thing happened again. I was determined this time to find out which family member or friend had sent them. Everyone had a solid alibi. They were either out of town, flat broke, or sick in bed unable to leave their house. I had to accept that God had sent a stranger or an angel to minister to me in such a beautiful way. I never understood the money because I didn't need the money, and I've always wondered the significance of so many two's, for it was two weeks, two bouquets, two bills, two hundred dollars twice, but maybe in time, I will understand. The thing that matters is that God hears the cries of His people and is a very present help in time of trouble. Hang in there. Help is on the way, maybe in a way you will never expect.

H

happynGod

Whtsti,
I am so sorry you are going through this pain. I understand this thought and I think a lot of us in here feels your pain. A lot of people here has given you a lot of good advise. I do think maybe Christian counseling could be good. Satan knows you are weak right now and so he is attacking you. Give this to God. I went through a lot as a child and young adult. My own Dad raped me and much more has happened to me but the worse pain in my life is from my Mother. She committed suicide when I was 13 and when she died a part of me died and that is more pain than anything anyone has ever done to me. I know she did not mean to cause me so much pain but she did. I got over what my dad did, what my brother did and what other people did but the pain of what Mom did is still extremely painful even after 34 years. Your children will probably return to you one day and you want to be there for them when they do. It pains me so bad that my Mom never got to see her grandchildren and her great grandchild that is due in three weeks. Make God your stronghold. Satan is putting these bad thoughts and ideas in your head. satan knows you are weak right now, so Please I beg you give this to God. Look forward and not the past. One day I believe your children will come back to you. Make Christ your joy. GBU Please stay strong I beg you, please.

Last edited:

windspirit

Aug 19, 2009
Whtsti I will pray for you. Suicide is a very selfish thing to do and no your daughter would never understand.
She will need you to be her rock when the world lays heavy burdens upon her in life ~ Now and in the future.

Lift your eyes up and place these thoughts at the feet of the cross...
I pray Gods strength and God's peace to you as you walk past these thoughts that whisper to you.

~Amen

Oct 1, 2009
2Co 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
2Co 1:4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
2Co 1:5 For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.
2Co 1:6 If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer.

Jas 1:2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,
Jas 1:3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
Jas 1:4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
Jas 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

1Pe 1:6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials,
1Pe 1:7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith--more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire--may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

I hope this helps.

D

Dread_Zeppelin

Talk to your pastor asap. Get your life back on track in the name of Jesus, a God who died for you so you can have LIFE.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
Earth has no sorrows that heaven can not heal, I went through the thoughts of suicide, and I will tell you like God told me. what on this earth can be soo bad that you would risk going to hell, where there is nothing good, and no way out. I know how it feel when there is nothing but constant thoughts of nothing but what is wrong, everything that is wrong and no way of fixing them. you must know that God said that he wont put on us no more than we can bare.. and if you are not dead yet.. that mean you have bared it this long.. and if God got you to this day he is more than able to get you through tommow, if it is his will. I am a bold speaker, and I will tell it like it is, I have been through sooooooo much, and God has healed me and brought me thru it all.
you have to tell yourself this is not how things are gonna always be, this is not the life God created me to have, to be strong in the Lord and the power of his might. ( not yours) let go and let God. no matter what is going on around you if you pray about it, take your mind off of it and put it on the Lord always, praying, reading, talking about him, listening to gospel music, watching christian programs on tv. ( don't send any money)lol... really don't! just stop thinking about it... in your marriage do the things Gos said you are to do.let old things be past away.start right now. have an attitude if God don't do it... it won't get done therefore there is nothing I can do without him.. God when you sit still and listen to him( even more than you have been doing for satan) he will give you all the reasons to live, and will show you what he is about to do... and if you need forgiveness from someone or to give forgiveness to someone then start there, call them, go to them, what ever it takes do it.. even if they don't ssay "I forgive you" you must ask for it, and if they don't say there are sorry; you are to still forgive, it is for you. in the spirit of love for a brother in Christ.

Nov 7, 2009
Have fun. Personally, I hope I'm right in my beliefs, and that simple, restful oblivion waits for you. Much better then this "eternity" stuff everyone else is subscribing to.

Last edited:

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
heavenly Father we come to you in the name of Jesus, Father we enter you throne room with praise and thanks giving in our hearts, Holy God of all thee earth, we maginify your Holy Name, for thou art the only true and living God, you are merciful and full of grace. you are royalty and majestic in all your ways, glory and honour is your's dominion and power is your, praise and glory is your's alone, and to you we give the honour and reverance do your Holy Name.. HolyFather; we come bodly to your throne of grace to obtain mercy and grace for our brother in his time of need. as you see Father God, that there is more than three here touching and agreeing for his deliverance.. for you said that if two or three of us on earth agree; touching on Ahything in the Name of Jesus you shall do it. you said in your word, man born of a woman are few and full of trouble; but you deliver him out of them all. you said farther when the enemy come in like a flood; you would lift up a stanard against him.. and we are here standing on your Word; which is our foundation. let not your Word come back to you void.. for we speak it for it is life. for we receive it for it is our salvation. let that life be revealed in this our brother; your son's life. we speak abundant life to him, and we thank you that you have been the anchor of his soul, not letting him drift too far from you... thank you Lord God, for being the athour and finisher of his faith.
we thank you Father for making him the head and not the tail, above only and not benieth.. a lender and not a barrower.. God we thank you that you said he shall live and not die. you are the glory and lifter up of his head. Lord continue to sheild him, protect his heart as you give him a new one and as you renew a right spirit in him. let the words of his mouth and the meditations of his heart be exceptable in your sight. Father move everything from him that hinder him from hearing and receiving from you.

Father we ask that you enter that marriage, let them seek you for everything concerning it, lean not them lean to there own understanding, but acknowledge you in all their way and you will direct their paths. You said that it was not so from the beginning that a man should put away his wife, that what you have joined together let no man put asunder. ( that mean them also) show him the favor you said he would obtain from you when he find a wife.. lead her to be all that is in a virtuious woman..A godly women. let them both make you their Father, God, friend, and their guide and search you out for all their needs to have a godly union and family,, for a three fold cord is not easily broken... give him your strength to endure; for when we are weak then thou art strong. show him that your grace is sufficent for all his needs. for you are the author and finisher of his fath, and that you are more than able to complete the good thing you started in him till the day of Jesus Christ. Father we thank you that you are not slack concerning your promises, as we count slackness, for you are longsuffering toward us, cause you will none parish... so we speak life to our brother he shall live and not die,,, and we decree that no weapon formed against him will not and shall not prosper..Holy Father we know that this is a smll thing with you, for nothing is impossible for you.... give him some of the things that eye has not seen nor ear have heard that you have instore for him.. loose it from heaven.... and let him see why you allowed all this in his life as you bring him out in victory... let it bspoken of in his life that you worked all these things for his good.. and we praise you now, and we thank you now for hearing and answering our prayers. for with Faith and no doubt, we receive this blessing from yor hands...
Father you said that you are not the author of confusion, but of love, power and a sound mind. In the Name of Christ Jesus we pray and make our request and supplications known to you thank you Lord God for you faithfulness and your goodness you show to us all, In the Holy and precious name of Jesus Christ we ask this in prayer to you our Loving Father God.